Author Topic: Red (Blood) Clementine  (Read 1868 times)

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Red (Blood) Clementine
« on: April 08, 2017, 04:42:03 PM »
Last January I planted the Red (Blood) Clementine seeds that I got from Laaz. Some of those seeds produced just one seedling, but many of the seeds produced multiple (nucellar) seedlings. Last week I was stunned to see three of the now 3" tall 80 day old seedlings have just sent up more   nucellar seedlings.  One of the original seedlings  produced one additional tree, and two of the original seedlings produced an additional two trees.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 12:08:20 PM by Millet »

DFWCitrus

• SOUTHLAKE, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Red (Blood) Clementine
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 07:10:21 PM »
Last January I planted the Red (Blood) Clementine seeds that I got from Lazz. Some of those seeds produced just one seedling, but many of the seeds produced multiple (nucellar) seedlings. Last week I was stunned to see three of the now 3" tall 80 day old seedlings have just sent up more   nucellar seedlings.  One of the original seedlings  produced one additional tree, and two of the original seedlings produced an additional two trees.
Awesome...what luck. Wish I could take the extra off your hands  8)

JJROSS54

• San Tan Valley, AZ 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 08:01:13 PM »
Very good
I planted 7 of the same seeds from Laaz on Jan 1 and I now have 9 plants, 2 of them gave me 2 plants and they separated and repotted with no problem.
It would be interesting to see if I get any more starts from the seedlings like you are getting.

cory

• USA, NJ, Zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 11:55:05 PM »
Millet, I had the same happen with the seeds I got from Laaz also.  Also, when I separated some of the small plants I also found several plants developing within the seed case still attached. 
Cory

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 12:13:41 PM »
Cory, evidently the same seed case development must have been going on , but as I separated the seedlings I must not have noticed it.  Amazingly 80 days is a long time in developing a seedling before it grew above the soil line.  Whatever, glad to see them.