Author Topic: Happy Autumn Equinox  (Read 958 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Happy Autumn Equinox
« on: September 22, 2020, 06:29:38 AM »
Yesterday was a very nice day here in Central Florida. I don't think it had anything to do with the Autumn Equinox but it was much appreciated.With the high being 83 degrees with a 15 mile an hour wind. After a long summer with the oppressive heat and humidity i had to recalibrate my mind and say stay outside and go outside it is beautiful out there :)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 06:40:36 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Autumn Equinox
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 07:46:00 AM »
Wow its the spring equinox here in the southern hemisphere and 3 weeks and one day into spring. 21c to 31c all week is predicted so still a chill is in the air. Nerves are rattled about the looming La Nina rainy season and cyclones likely to be brought with it.

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 09:06:30 AM »
We are literally freezing here >:( . It already went to the mid 40s and my greenhouse isn't finished yet. Despite the weather changes, all my plants including the ultratropicals are happy for now :) ...

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 09:25:09 AM »
We are literally freezing here >:( . It already went to the mid 40s and my greenhouse isn't finished yet. Despite the weather changes, all my plants including the ultratropicals are happy for now :) ...
How close are you to finishing your greenhouse and are the leaves changing colors yet.Would love to see a photo of that :) I'm off to a glorious start of my Autumn. I dropped a log and got mud in my  eye. ;)
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 11:42:03 AM »
How close are you to finishing your greenhouse and are the leaves changing colors yet.Would love to see a photo of that :) I'm off to a glorious start of my Autumn. I dropped a log and got mud in my  eye. ;)
Greenhouse isn't finished yet, will defininetely make a thread about that when completed. The leaves haven't started to change-happens in about a month but if there isn't enough rain they turn brown and look ugly :-\ looks like the weather is going to warm up in my area for a little bit so I'm thankful for that.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 11:44:58 AM by Jaboticaba45 »

joe_OC

• Huntington Beach, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 11:55:28 AM »
Dreading shorter days and cooler temps.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 04:47:36 PM »
Maybe it was just fake news but didn't you just have an epic Heatwave. Wouldn't you just want a little relief. Unless you're Joe the surfer :)

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 09:30:27 PM »
We're so looking forward to cooler temps!  It's 80 (64% humidity) right now at 9:30PM, but the first evening since last spring that feels good outdoors.
John