Author Topic: Texas Fruit Growers Scion Exchange  (Read 1265 times)

edself65

• Judge a tree by its fruit, not by its leaves
    • Round Rock, Texas
    • View Profile
    • Texas Rare Fruit Growers
Texas Fruit Growers Scion Exchange
« on: February 03, 2014, 02:15:57 PM »
2014 Austin Area Scion Exchange
Sunday February 23, 2014 2:00 pm
@ Hill Country Natives
www.hillcountrynatives.net
308 Mesa Oaks Leander, TX 78641

2014 Houston Area Scion Exchange
Saturday February 22, 2014
9:00 am to 10:00 am Set up 8:00 am to 9:00am and clean up from 11:00 am to noon
@ Caldwell Nursery in Rosenberg, Texas
Directions to Caldwell Nursery:
http://www.caldwellhort.com/html/directions.html

Ed

edself65

• Judge a tree by its fruit, not by its leaves
    • Round Rock, Texas
    • View Profile
    • Texas Rare Fruit Growers
Re: Texas Fruit Growers Scion Exchange
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 08:29:32 PM »
Info for Texas members. It looks like we will have a nice selection of citrus budwood. Message from one of our members:

All:

As many of you know, the late James Francis was a long-time rare fruit grower in East Houston and a frequent contributor on this forum (Texas Rare Fruit Growers).  He was always willing to share his knowledge, time, and plants.  James had amassed an amazing collection of roughly 200 varieties of citrus (many of them rare or unusual for this area) when he passed away very unexpectedly last year.  His family intends to sell his house later this year and what remains of his in-ground collection (about 125 citrus trees) will pass into unknown hands.  His sister graciously allowed me to collect budwood cuttings from many of his trees.  I will bring what I have collected to the Houston exchange - about 50 varieties from labeled trees and roughly 20 from "mystery" (unlabeled) trees.  Please plan to take only what you will be certain to graft/bud. Email me offline if you'd like a list of what I collected and the relative "graftability" of the budwood.  Thanks for doing your part to assure that James' lagacy will not be forgotten.

Scott

Thanks,
Ed
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 02:20:59 AM by edself65 »