Author Topic: What is the most effective foliar fertilizer citrus spray?  (Read 2382 times)

Jungle Yard

• @onlinetropicals
  • 10A, 1.3 mi. from the coast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota
    • View Profile
What is the most effective foliar fertilizer citrus spray?
« on: July 07, 2019, 09:06:20 PM »
For Florida citrus - what brand/type citrus foliar fertilizer spray gives you the best results?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 01:03:39 PM by Jungle Yard »
Zone Pusher

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most effective foliar citrus spray?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 10:01:38 AM »
A spray for fertilization, or a spray for insect control?

Jungle Yard

• @onlinetropicals
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most effective foliar citrus spray?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 01:05:20 PM »
A spray for fertilization, or a spray for insect control?

Thanks for your clarifying question. I am looking for a good foliar fertilizer spray.
Zone Pusher

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most effective foliar fertilizer citrus spray?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 03:06:52 PM »
Depends if your spaying for micro nutrients or general nutrition.  All commercial growers use low biuret Urea, which they apply 3 times a year.  2-months prior to bloom, after early drop, and again in July.  The first application increases the bloom, second increases the amount of fruit held by the tree, and the third spray increases the size of the fruit.  There are various micro nutrient sprays available.  I use one called STEM, but I'm not 100% sure it is on the market, 

Jungle Yard

• @onlinetropicals
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 05:13:24 PM »
Thank you for the info!
I am actually looking for a general health boost in combat with greening. I can use foliar fertilizing along with root fertilizing.
Zone Pusher

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 05:23:19 PM »
You want one that has iron in it ,to make the leaves greener.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 08:54:19 PM »
In the rare occasion I foliar feed I use jacks hpf 25-5-15 which has micronutrients.  I can’t tell how effective it is

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 10:31:53 PM »
The bad thing is your tree is growing in Florida, which is the worst possible location possible for a citrus tree.  Healthy citrus trees die just as dead and citrus trees that are not in prime condition.  If an infested psyllid feeds on your tree it will die.  The tree's only hope is that a cure can be found.  They have been desperately searching for a cure for over 10 years and as yet have not found it. I give your tree a zero percent chance for a long life unless you surround it within a tight screened habitat to keep psyllids from ever reaching it.  If your tree has be growing outside it could very will have already been infected.

Vlad

• Worcester, MA USDA zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 10:40:13 PM »
You might find this helpful or interesting: https://s3.wp.wsu.edu/uploads/sites/403/2015/03/foliar-feeding.pdf

Jungle Yard

• @onlinetropicals
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 10:49:01 PM »
The bad thing is your tree is growing in Florida, which is the worst possible location possible for a citrus tree.  Healthy citrus trees die just as dead and citrus trees that are not in prime condition.  If an infested psyllid feeds on your tree it will die.  The tree's only hope is that a cure can be found.  They have been desperately searching for a cure for over 10 years and as yet have not found it. I give your tree a zero percent chance for a long life unless you surround it within a tight screened habitat to keep psyllids from ever reaching it.  If your tree has be growing outside it could very will have already been infected.

I have a 25 years old Citrus reshni on my property still fruiting every year and so is 20 years old Calamondin. I am willing to give ia chance to other varieties, which are 2 years in the ground and many of which have started to fruit already.
Zone Pusher

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 10:55:41 PM »
Jungle Yare I wish the very best of luck to you and your tree.

dlhvac

• love to grow citrus and mangoes avocado
    • durant florida 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 10:38:54 PM »
You might find this helpful or interesting: https://s3.wp.wsu.edu/uploads/sites/403/2015/03/foliar-feeding.pdf
i almost lost that naval orange it was dying I delved into the greening research and found a treatment they were using , it worked tree is back healthy as can be . Epinbrassinolide it is a plant based plant growth regulator it may cure I don’t know but I’ve treated my ruby red grapefruit also and it’s back to normal I also noticed a strange thing while holding 40 or so grapefruits it bloomed in July again and is holding the fruit from March and july so no they don’t die there are two treatments that work that I know of , do they cure HLB I don’t know. But I treat them once a month regardless always see the ACPs on tree then I spray with spinosad

dlhvac

• durant florida 9B
    • View Profile

Jungle Yard

• @onlinetropicals
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2019, 11:12:08 PM »
i almost lost that naval orange it was dying I delved into the greening research and found a treatment they were using , it worked tree is back healthy as can be . Epinbrassinolide it is a plant based plant growth regulator it may cure I don’t know but I’ve treated my ruby red grapefruit also and it’s back to normal I also noticed a strange thing while holding 40 or so grapefruits it bloomed in July again and is holding the fruit from March and july so no they don’t die there are two treatments that work that I know of , do they cure HLB I don’t know. But I treat them once a month regardless always see the ACPs on tree then I spray with spinosad

Hey dlhvac,
Where do you get your Epinbrassinolide? Is it also called 24-Epinbrassinolide? I definitely would like to try it. What concentration do you use? Thanks in advance.
Zone Pusher

dlhvac

• durant florida 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 06:37:24 PM »
i buy the brassinolide on ebay or amazon dont buy the chinese on buy the one on ebay that says made in America . It only takes a little bit I doubled the recommended dose and my trees have fully recovered  they send you a tiny spoon i just double the recommended amount , my trees have fully recovered its great. there is also another study where they use nano particle zinc . but you cant buy nano zinc that small it must be 5.4 nanometers or smaller to penetrate the leaves and enter the phloem and kill the bacteria. you have to take zinc oxide and mix it with hydrochloric acid and put it in one of those labratory magnetic spinners and heat and stir it for 8 hours at 150f i use both and mix them but the brassinolide works on its own. any questions message me
                                                       doug http://citrusindustry.net/2019/06/19/update-on-brassinosteroids-for-hlb-management/. https://www.zinkicide.org/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 11:07:00 PM by dlhvac »