Author Topic: BORNEO seeds: PRAINEA LIMPATO, Artocarpus, Baccaurea, Nephelium, Jambu delima  (Read 69535 times)

JHMO

• Brasil, Minas Gerais, Itaipé
    • View Profile
    • JHMO
I've PM you...

Sorry , I'm new to the forum , which means PM ?

Beni

• Indonesia Rare Fruit
  • Ngabang kabupaten Landak West Borneo
    • West Borneo, Indonesia
    • View Profile
    • beni_prasya@yahoo.co.id
I've PM you...

Privat message friend  ;D
Thanks and Regard
Beni Java Fruit

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
I've PM you...

PM stand for Private Email you dont want to discuss with the public fourum only to Maryoto.  So lets say you are at your computer, go to your left, you see were it say JHMO, double click it, your name, if you using iphone like me, just touch your name and it will jump into a PM window.  So if you see any member avatar to the left, double click on their name if computer, smart phone just touch that member name & a window open so you can than private message them.😃
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

Beni

• Indonesia Rare Fruit
  • Ngabang kabupaten Landak West Borneo
    • West Borneo, Indonesia
    • View Profile
    • beni_prasya@yahoo.co.id
I've PM you...

PM stand for Private Email you dont want to discuss with the public fourum only to Maryoto.  So lets say you are at your computer, go to your left, you see were it say JHMO, double click it, your name, if you using iphone like me, just touch your name and it will jump into a PM window.  So if you see any member avatar to the left, double click on their name if computer, smart phone just touch that member name & a window open so you can than private message them.😃

This forum has members who are friendly and nice. ;D
Thanks and Regard
Beni Java Fruit

jmc96

• Wallarah, NSW, Australia, Zone 10
    • View Profile
Hi Maryoto,
A small note to let you know your seeds arrived in good condition and well packed, thank you.

Cassio

• Brasil, São Paulo, Zone 11b, Köppen: Cfa/Cwa
    • View Profile
    • Frutas em Vasos
Maryoto, I was just browsing, trying to know more about fruits that exists all around the world, when found the following pages, talking about fruits from Phillipines, Indonésia and nearest places:

http://www.phytoimages.siu.edu/imgs/benctan/r/Meliaceae_Chisocheton_patens_35316.html
http://www.phytoimages.siu.edu/imgs/benctan/r/Meliaceae_Chisocheton_patens_35319.html
http://www.phytoimages.siu.edu/imgs/benctan/r/Meliaceae_Chisocheton_patens_27929.html

Based upon these photos, looks like the Chisocheton Patens can be a good canditate for paisagism, but I´m interested in the fruits. After to extend the search, I don´t found any information about them, nor if they are edible or not.

Do you have information about them?
In advance, thank you!

Shocking news:: I tried to contact Mr. Leonardo, which the e-mail is listed in those pages, but received this answer:
"I am sorry to write you that I can not help you with the question raised for the plant pictures in Meliaceae which you asked me.  Mr. Leonardo is dead for thee years after he was shot dead by a Philippine military officer in the rainforest when he was collecting plant." Sadly, viollence is all around these days.  :(
In any case, the person who answered my email forwarded it to a taxonomist. Maybe he can answer my questions about the fruit.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 03:03:28 PM by Cassio »

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
My Maryoto
The tampirik has landed and they are the in the greatest condition of willobeihia sp ive gotten this season. 
Mahalo Nui Loa!
Thanks again
I Highly recommend this fruit hunter...he get um

Yes mine arrived today, would be a little earlier if the stork didnt  get blown to Hawaii!😜

you aint kidding for freshness.  Wonder if they are edible if roasted  Maryoto? 😃 Thank You !  Dont forget about the Willughbeia Elmerii for Us next season; I know Micah, Ricardo, Durianlover, Evilfruit just a few like to have it in their collection too!👍👍👍

Lazarus Sukamto

• Indonesia, West Java, Bogor, Tropical Zone
    • View Profile
Pometia pinnata from Borneo? what different with those from Papua? I have them from Java and Papua. Could you show me the pictures or others. I am from Bogor, West Java. Do you know how to apply paypal account? I have problems that swift code bank limited to 6 digits and account no limited to 8 digits, whereas BCA and BRI consist over digits. could you help me? Thank you.

My regards,
Lazarus Sukamyo

Maryoto

• WhatsApp +62 812 3688 1182
    • Borneo
    • View Profile
Hi Maryoto,
A small note to let you know your seeds arrived in good condition and well packed, thank you.
You're welcome my friend.
I'm happy your seeds arrived safely.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
Maryoto, I was just browsing, trying to know more about fruits that exists all around the world, when found the following pages, talking about fruits from Phillipines, Indonésia and nearest places:

http://www.phytoimages.siu.edu/imgs/benctan/r/Meliaceae_Chisocheton_patens_35316.html
http://www.phytoimages.siu.edu/imgs/benctan/r/Meliaceae_Chisocheton_patens_35319.html
http://www.phytoimages.siu.edu/imgs/benctan/r/Meliaceae_Chisocheton_patens_27929.html

Based upon these photos, looks like the Chisocheton Patens can be a good canditate for paisagism, but I´m interested in the fruits. After to extend the search, I don´t found any information about them, nor if they are edible or not.

Do you have information about them?
In advance, thank you!

Shocking news:: I tried to contact Mr. Leonardo, which the e-mail is listed in those pages, but received this answer:
"I am sorry to write you that I can not help you with the question raised for the plant pictures in Meliaceae which you asked me.  Mr. Leonardo is dead for thee years after he was shot dead by a Philippine military officer in the rainforest when he was collecting plant." Sadly, viollence is all around these days.  :(
In any case, the person who answered my email forwarded it to a taxonomist. Maybe he can answer my questions about the fruit.
Hello my friend,

I never heard the plant before.
Also never found it in jungle or villages in here.

But i found information in asianplant.net about this species.
Interesting species, only local peoples who know whether the fruits are edible or not.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
My Maryoto
The tampirik has landed and they are the in the greatest condition of willobeihia sp ive gotten this season. 
Mahalo Nui Loa!
Thanks again

Yes mine arrived today, would be a little earlier if the stork didnt  get blown to Hawaii!😜

you aint kidding for freshness.  Wonder if they are edible if roasted  Maryoto? 😃 Thank You !  Dont forget about the Willughbeia Elmerii for Us next season; I know Micah, Ricardo, Durianlover, Evilfruit just a few like to have it in their collection too!👍👍👍
Haha you kidding me my friend.

By the way, you're welcome.
I'm really happy your seeds arrived in good shape.

Don't worry, i'll go hunting fruits again next season on january...hopefully i can get willughbeia elmerii.
There's 9 or maybe 10 willughbeia species in Indonesia.
So far i only found 2 species.
You guys will see my news if i get the Willughbeia elmerii.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
Pometia pinnata from Borneo? what different with those from Papua? I have them from Java and Papua. Could you show me the pictures or others. I am from Bogor, West Java. Do you know how to apply paypal account? I have problems that swift code bank limited to 6 digits and account no limited to 8 digits, whereas BCA and BRI consist over digits. could you help me? Thank you.

My regards,
Lazarus Sukamyo
Pometia pinnata from borneo are smaller.
But it has a more pungent aroma even when you do not peel the fruit.

You can see the photo in my post.

Sorry, i forgot how to apply paypal account...it's been a long time ago i applied paypal.
But you can find the informations in here:
http://alkatro.blogspot.com/2011/08/cara-menambahkan-akun-bank-bri-ke.html
http://onlines-vip.blogspot.com/2013/05/cara-menambah-rekening-bank-lokal-ke.html

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
New species added

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
My Maryoto
Mahalo Nui Loa!
Thanks again

Don't worry, i'll go hunting fruits again next season on january...hopefully i can get willughbeia elmerii.
or any willughbeia we will cry in tears Maryoto! If my stuff get stolen again by 👽 , I will certainly need to order the three Willughbeia orders in 2015 season again in 2016! You Rock Maryoto!👍👍👍

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
My Maryoto
Mahalo Nui Loa!
Thanks again

or any willughbeia we will cry in tears Maryoto! If my stuff get stolen again by 👽 , I will certainly need to order the three Willughbeia orders in 2015 season again in 2016! You Rock Maryoto!👍👍👍
Haha Thanks Jack

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Maryoto,
There is much diversity of pometia in and around new guinea and some look just the same as those.

Here are some I ate recently but these are not the good ones.
Are the elongated mangosteens more acidic than normal mangosteens and are the leaves on the trees smaller?

Cassio

• Brasil, São Paulo, Zone 11b, Köppen: Cfa/Cwa
    • View Profile
    • Frutas em Vasos
Maryoto, wild mangosten (selabi) seeds are available? I´m talking about this fruit:
http://www.mysabah.com/wordpress/wild-mangosteen-of-borneo/ Is it monoic or dioic? The tree don´t appears to be so high as the popular mangosten, right? The fruit has indeed a good taste?
If seeds are available, how much for each one?  :)

Seeds of these other fruits are availabe too? Is it monoic or dioic? how much for each one?
http://bombasticborneo.com/2013/01/crystal-fruit/
http://bombasticborneo.com/2012/11/torok/

In advance, thank you!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 12:01:29 PM by Cassio »

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
Maryoto, wild mangosten (selabi) seeds are available? I´m talking about this fruit:
http://www.mysabah.com/wordpress/wild-mangosteen-of-borneo/

Is it a self-fertile species? The tree don´t appears to be so high as the popular mangosten, right? The fruit has indeed a good taste?

If seeds are available, whats the price?  :)

It is Willughbeia.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
Maryoto,
There is much diversity of pometia in and around new guinea and some look just the same as those.

Here are some I ate recently but these are not the good ones.
Are the elongated mangosteens more acidic than normal mangosteens and are the leaves on the trees smaller?
Hi Mike,

Yes, you right Mike.
There's many pometia pinnata verieties.

No, the elongated mangosteens has a slightly sweeter taste than usual mangosteen.
Leaves and tress are similar with usual mangosteen.
But unfortunately, i forgot to take the photos.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
http://www.mysabah.com/wordpress/wild-mangosteen-of-borneo/ Is it monoic or dioic? The tree don´t appears to be so high as the popular mangosten, right? The fruit has indeed a good taste?
If seeds are available, how much for each one?  :)

Seeds of these other fruits are availabe too? Is it monoic or dioic? how much for each one?
http://bombasticborneo.com/2013/01/crystal-fruit/
http://bombasticborneo.com/2012/11/torok/

In advance, thank you!
Hello my friend,

Like Jack(Coconut) said, Selabi or wild mangosteen are Willughbeia angustifolia.
I'm wondering why malaysian peoples call it wild mangosteen.
In fact, it tastes much different from the mangosteen.
It's a vine, but can be grow to be very big vine.

Crystal fruits is Pometia pinnata or called Kasai in local language.
I'm not really sure whether those species are monoic or dioic.

Torok is Mundar in bakumpai language.
It might be garcinia forbesii.

Unfortunately, the torok and willughbeia season has ended...don't have the seeds anymore,sorry.
About kasai, you can see my post at front page.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
http://www.mysabah.com/wordpress/wild-mangosteen-of-borneo/

Is it a self-fertile species? The tree don´t appears to be so high as the popular mangosten, right? The fruit has indeed a good taste?

If seeds are available, whats the price?  :)

It is Willughbeia.
You absolutely correct my friend haha

Joy2Foragers

• Forager, Gardener and Rare fruit collector
  • Forager, Gardener, and Collector
    • United States,Florida,Orlando,Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Got some durian seeds and others from Maryoto, and they were quickly shipped, undamaged, and cleverly packaged!
Highly recommended!

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Maryoto is THE man!!!!  8)
Oscar

BMc

• Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
Hi Maryoto,
Do you have any information on the Xanthophyllum tree? Are they large trees?
Thanks!

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
Got some durian seeds and others from Maryoto, and they were quickly shipped, undamaged, and cleverly packaged!
Highly recommended!
Thank you Joyce