Author Topic: Columbian Sapote, Zapote (Quararibea cordata, Matisia cordata) 5 seeds for 12 US  (Read 4640 times)

zoli.seedpirates

• rare seeds
    • View Profile
Our favorite American fruit: sweet, juicy and satisfying. It is a juicy honey-pumpkin mix. When its season we eat this fruit as a whole meal, about 5-8 fruits per person. The fruits are usually weigh 3-500 grams.

5 seeds for 12 USD
100 seeds for 200 USD

Order in our iOS app: https://itunes.apple.com/app/seedpirates/id1282323268?mt=8
Order Online:
http://www.seedpirates.org/neworder

Available Seeds:
www.seedpirates.org
Instagram: seedpirates
http://seedpirates.org/fruits/quararibea-cordata-matisia-cordata/zapote

Paulish

• US, CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
BUYER BEWARE: greedpirates sent me seeds I did not order for my money and ignored all attempts at a tangible resolution despite the fact that I'd given them hundreds of dollars of business. So much customer appreciation much less basic decency and professionalism. They didn't even bother to communicate the change; I had to find out when the package arrived. Zoli admits that he knew they weren't the seeds I ordered but he thinks it's acceptable to substitute at his discretion and spend customers money as he sees fit. Furthermore they packed my very sensitive and expensive seeds with styrofoam of all things as a medium so many arrived dying instead of germinating. Some sellers can only accept friend and family paypal transfers out of necessity but greedpirates do it because they have zero integrity and refuse to take accountability for their mistakes. 

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 03:43:09 AM by Paulish »

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
BUYER BEWARE: greedpirates sent me seeds I did not order for my money and ignored all attempts at a tangible resolution despite the fact that I'd given them hundreds of dollars of business. So much customer appreciation much less basic decency and professionalism. They didn't even bother to communicate the change; I had to find out when the package arrived. Zoli admits that he knew they weren't the seeds I ordered but he thinks it's acceptable to substitute at his discretion and spend customers money as he sees fit. Furthermore they packed my very sensitive and expensive seeds with styrofoam of all things as a medium so many arrived dying instead of germinating. Some sellers can only accept friend and family paypal transfers out of necessity but greedpirates do it because they have zero integrity and refuse to take accountability for their mistakes.

Hi Paulish,
I do not have information about Zoli, but i know from my experince that the Nymph from seedpirates packs the seeds well and is kind. Sending other seeds than ordered (what you wrote about) is a very serious matter. I never saw this from seedpirates. It's hard for me to believe in their case. Can you document it somehow?
Patience is a gardener's virtue

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
They are seed Pirate's not plant or fruit experts, can't trust your money with a looter of booty and such things.
Your money is not going to rebuild the forest or help save a species, it's for beer's, travel and scallywagging.
Sapote, sure it's a sapote! Delicious, creamy, mouth watering delicious too.

zephian

• USA, CA, Yuba City Zone 9B
    • View Profile
I purchased seeds from Nimfa as well. USPS lost the package for a while (took almost a month to get this package) and it was poorly packaged for international travel but seeds were viable (Nam Doc Mai) all have germinated and appear to be the correct seed. It's my understanding that any international shipping is going to be a gamble, but I would buy from her again if there was a seed I really desired. Though not my first choice.
(My two cents)
-Kris

Paulish

• US, CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
Hi Paulish,
I do not have information about Zoli, but i know from my experince that the Nymph from seedpirates packs the seeds well and is kind. Sending other seeds than ordered (what you wrote about) is a very serious matter. I never saw this from seedpirates. It's hard for me to believe in their case. Can you document it somehow?

Everything seems great with them until it isn't. Here are several emails which demonstrate that they knowingly "substituted" seeds I had ordered for those I did not without contacting me:

Zoli Sky <zoli.seedpirates@icloud.com>

Jul 21

to me
Dear Paul,

I am sorry for your experience and try to explain how this happened.

You ordered a wide variety of seeds, and as we do not hold stocks but rather try to buy everything last minute - so we can send fresh - it happened that we couldn’t find the two aforementioned varieties (although we spent the day driving from stall to stall).
We were further urged by the fact that we needed to send the package asap to avoid germination and confiscation of the seeds. Since the rest of your package was ready and waiting I decided to swap the two varieties.
Next day we left Penang and I forgot to send you a note about these changes.
Sorry.

Greetings,
Zoli
www.seedpirates.org
Instagram: @seedpirates
www.calisthenicsmastery.com

On Jul 21, 2018, at 1:12 PM, Nimfa Mira <seedpirates@icloud.com> wrote:

> Zoli, please explain what happened.
>
> Nimfa
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Paul <probins11@gmail.com>
>> Date: July 21, 2018 at 6:12:22 AM GMT+8
>> To: Nimfa Mira <seedpirates@icloud.com>
>> Subject: order N180405

Nimfa Mira

Jul 22

to me
Hello Paul,
I also would like to write something about the previous order.
It was Saturday when Zoli was done with your package. We decided as we did because if I ask you, all the prepared seeds would wait at least for 2 days - as you answer when it is already night here. In this case that would mean you have a good chance to get sprouting seeds and get them confiscated. We thought it is better to get 2 other kind than to not get your chosen ones because of confiscating. I am sorry if you don’t agree with our decision.

I was only dealing with nimfa until I point out their mistake; then she passed me off to zoli and pretty much ignored me except to chime in and support their decision. Despite their elaborate excuses and apologies they totally ignored my reply:
They aren't what I paid for and it's not fair to be charged for seeds that weren't on the original order list. How would you like to resolve this?

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
Sounds like you ordered a bunch of items, but they did not have those 2. So they probably slipped another variety. Since order from Penang, I'm guessing it's durian seeds. Which is ok, fine gesture from the seller,  but not necessary. If they send a bunch of items, except those two than it's unfair to demand entire refund, they should give partial refund.

And that phrase "seeds desposed off according to seller's instructions " means it was sent according to seller's instructions.  Old British colonies sometimes use English not familiar to Americans. You cannot just go to Malaysian post office,  ask them to find your package and destroy it. Sounds very unrealistic.  Can you post that tracking nr?

zoli.seedpirates

• rare seeds
    • View Profile
Zoli and Nimfa are husband and wife. Up until the point of August 2018 we worked closely together, and now we have split up geographically for a couple of months, and She runs the family (3 kids) while I took over all communications and posting topics etc.

Except for some packages in the very beginning (before mid Aug 2017) I did 99% of the packaging for you guys. so I feel entitled to speak.

About polystyrene:
This is our choice for sending seeds for almost all of our packages, after experiencing some major issues with moulding in coco peat. Most of the times we send the seeds from rainy seasons, because that's when the fruits are in season. We couldn't control the amount of spores getting into our packages, so we switched to synthetic material.
We have no place we could call home. I would be the happiest if I could just go to a store and buy 50kg perlit and 50kg vermiculite. Put it in a corner and offer the choice of selection for our customers for medium.
In reality we have to carry our gear on our backs with all our stuff and 3 children. This is how we can find these rare fruits. And as for Costa Rica, I haven't found perlit and vermiculite yet.
Polistyrene, cardboard, hydrogen peroxide and plastic bags are available worldwide and we have satisfying overall feedback for using these materials in our processes.

As for the seed swap... we work with no stock. The aforementioned order had about 8 different D. zibethinus varieties 2 of which I think we weren't able to source. So there I was after dragging my family around Penang Island to find the needed seeds, on our last fiull day in Penang and had to make a choice. Either I start emailing about the situation with someone in the opposite side of the globe (sleeping obviously), or I take action and swap with two other varieties that I as a fruit lover who is experienced with durian find a good fit and valuable to send. This is what I did.
I swapped the varieties and recorded the changes in our system and sent out the shipment info including the exact varieties that we sent.

Again I am sorry for your experience, and we learned not to take EMS orders that have to arrive unsprouted, with this complexity. Too many varieties need to be found at once, and the rest of the seeds can't wait because of the customs regulations (no sprouting)

In the same situation I think I would do the same. I have learned though not to send any more packages with green yellow label, its just a pain (EMS, unsprouted, running up and down to print, sending seeds straight for inspection).

nimfa.seedpirates

• View Profile
🌷
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 01:34:41 AM »
🌷
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 08:57:18 AM by nimfa.seedpirates »

nimfa.seedpirates

• View Profile
🌷
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 01:42:26 AM »
🌷
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 08:58:29 AM by nimfa.seedpirates »

acoff87

• south florida
    • View Profile
I have found seedpirates operation a pleasure to deal with, very professional, great packaging, and great germination rate. JMO

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
That's pretty much the story I expected, I always suspected seedspirates are classy operation.  Seems they tried to do they best drove around looking for specific seeds,  put additional seeds instead hoping to please customer, and than have them to be blasted like that is just cruel. I just did not expect Malaysian post office to confiscate package, but anyone ordering seeds from overseas should accept confiscation possibility.  Malaysian post office refused to accept my durian seeds package because of "smelly" possibility, I had to go to another office and not mention durian.
Durian seeds will still be a bit smelly even if you clean them very well. I suspect smell started to seep out from that many seeds, no matter how well it was packaged. That's when Malaysian post office decided to step in and destroy the package.
Also Americans have naive concept that things like vermiculite and peat moss are available in other countries. There is simply nowhere to buy such stuff in Asia, travellers like seedpirates have to improvise to the best of their abilities.
Anyway, I hope seedpirates will not burn from such experience and continue with their offerings. Good luck to you.

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
That's pretty much the story I expected, I always suspected seedspirates are classy operation.  Seems they tried to do they best drove around looking for specific seeds,  put additional seeds instead hoping to please customer, and than have them to be blasted like that is just cruel. I just did not expect Malaysian post office to confiscate package, but anyone ordering seeds from overseas should accept confiscation possibility.  Malaysian post office refused to accept my durian seeds package because of "smelly" possibility, I had to go to another office and not mention durian.
Durian seeds will still be a bit smelly even if you clean them very well. I suspect smell started to seep out from that many seeds, no matter how well it was packaged. That's when Malaysian post office decided to step in and destroy the package.
Also Americans have naive concept that things like vermiculite and peat moss are available in other countries. There is simply nowhere to buy such stuff in Asia, travellers like seedpirates have to improvise to the best of their abilities.
Anyway, I hope seedpirates will not burn from such experience and continue with their offerings. Good luck to you.

Do you remember Jesse Blenn, the guy from Costa Rica ?. He also use Styrofoam Which work really well,imo. Never had any issues with his packaging.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 03:09:41 PM by EvilFruit »
Moh'd

zoli.seedpirates

• rare seeds
    • View Profile
In fact Jesse is our friend and we use the polystyrene inspired by him. Also many of our seeds from Costa Rica come from his farm, not the Colombian Sapote though.

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
In fact Jesse is our friend and we use the polystyrene inspired by him. Also many of our seeds from Costa Rica come from his farm, not the Colombian Sapote though.

I knew it.  ;D

You guys use a similar method as Jesse blenn and I believe it is one of the best methods I have seen.

BTW, about Jesse, Did he manage to build his electric car ?.

Anyway, Good luck guys.
Moh'd

Paulish

• US, CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
Sounds like you ordered a bunch of items, but they did not have those 2. So they probably slipped another variety. Since order from Penang, I'm guessing it's durian seeds. Which is ok, fine gesture from the seller,  but not necessary. If they send a bunch of items, except those two than it's unfair to demand entire refund, they should give partial refund.

And that phrase "seeds desposed off according to seller's instructions " means it was sent according to seller's instructions.  Old British colonies sometimes use English not familiar to Americans. You cannot just go to Malaysian post office,  ask them to find your package and destroy it. Sounds very unrealistic.  Can you post that tracking nr?

Read my post again. Nowhere did I demand a full refund for the first order. And NO it is not even remotely OK for them to "slip" another variety. The only acceptable options would be to refund my money or credit it to my next order. I'm guessing you don't have to use permits to order seed? You can't just slip different varieties. It's just dumb luck that the USDA agents overlooked it this time around.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:41:47 AM by Paulish »

Paulish

• US, CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
Dear Paul,
I am sorry for your loss.

I think that if you were really sorry you'd have accepted accountability to correct your mistake instead of ignoring my attempts to resolve this privately.

And to not even bother to communicate, yet again, that the entire second order had been destroyed.

*Date / Time   Process   Office
24 Jul 2018, 04:27:00 PM   Export cancellation Item disposed off according to sender's instruction.   MYKULA

Someone had to have known since it was disposed of according to sender's instruction.

Undoubtedly due to some error on your part. I've jumped through a lot of hoops to make sure my end of the process is entirely dialed in, whatever happens on your end is your responsibility.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:51:58 AM by Paulish »

Paulish

• US, CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
That's pretty much the story I expected, I always suspected seedspirates are classy operation.  Seems they tried to do they best drove around looking for specific seeds,  put additional seeds instead hoping to please customer, and than have them to be blasted like that is just cruel.

What additional seeds? At least you admit to approaching this conversation with bias. I'd suggest that you work on that reading comprehension but its pretty obvious you didn't come here to be objective.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:16:08 AM by Paulish »

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
Sure, styrofoam is a good medium. Here, colleague Paul has driven too far.

It's nice that Zoli and Nimfa are making their dreams come true. I wish you success.
Admittedly, I understand why Zoli has changed the product, but it is right on the side of colleague Paul. If the exchange was not agreed and the buyer does not accept it, then it must be treated as if the product was not sent.
Zoli, in my opinion, colleague Paul is entitled to a partial refund (for not sended seed specie). Replacing products is possible, but after the buyer explicit consent. Here, there can be no such thing, and the lack of possibility to agree can not be an excuse. The fact that shipping to the US is associated with the necessity of subscribing to the USDA license for a specific import only confirms me in this belief. In such a case, it is better to simply pay for the missing goods and treat the additional seeds (substitution) as free for not sending a complete order. In this way you will gain another customer who, despite the lack of the ordered product, will receive another - for free. Customers like free products, and they do not like not receiving the ordered product. Thus, the balance will be positive or neutral. Otherwise, you scared a lot of buyers before making orders in seedpirates. Such situations described in public should be a warning to other sellers. They can seriously reduce the company's revenues. I wish you a good solution. Regards

nimfa.seedpirates

• View Profile
🌷
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2018, 05:04:54 AM »
🌷
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 08:55:52 AM by nimfa.seedpirates »

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
Dear Nimfa and Zoli,many of us - readers have a lot of respect for yours work. Seed preparation requires a lot of energy and commitment. It is often a gigantic effort, and all have to make it know clear. Sometimes there are changes that are problematic for the seller or buyer (but they depend on unpredictable matters). Sometimes, however, despite the energy and goodwill placed on both sides, the situation is such that the seller has a payment, and the buyer has nothing, or have a product that he does not need (each case may be different).

I'm trying to help somehow. Paulish, Nimfa and Zoli, can you please just try to empathize and fully understand the other side and somehow share the loss?

Good luck.

starch

• My brain is like oatmeal
    • Chandler, AZ. zone 9b
    • View Profile
ATTENTION TO ALL PARTIES INVOLVED

- Paulish: You felt like you were being ignored because of a lack of communication from seedpirates when you tried to contact them privately regarding this issue. So you posted here. But instead of bringing this up in one post publicly you posted the same message / warning in several posts. This is spamming and it is clearly against the forum rules. I edited many of the repeated posts. I am giving you a warning that spamming won't be tolerated.

- Seedpirates (nimfa and zoli): A little communication goes a long way. If there is an issue a buyer is trying to contact you about, please respond to them and work through it. Buyers who are ignored feel like they have no recourse other than to discuss the issue publicly.

- nimfa: Thank you for your explanation above at 5:04 am. It was very detailed and thoughtful explanation.

I ENCOURAGE ALL PARTIES TO CONTINUE TO DISCUSS / RESOLVE THIS ISSUE PRIVATELY
- Mark