Author Topic: Trying to contact vitor, rare.species.amazon.com  (Read 2236 times)

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
Trying to contact vitor, rare.species.amazon.com
« on: March 05, 2019, 09:09:33 PM »
Havent heard from him in a while, has anyone had any contact with him?

ajeshcool47

• India,Kerala,Ernakulam,Tropical
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/ajeshthoppil.tr
Re: Trying to contact vitor, rare.species.amazon.com
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 10:38:45 AM »
yes for 2 years , nothing is known about him, also another Brazilian seller Ricardo...

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 12:33:15 PM »
One hopes that they have not run afoul of Brazil's Anti-"Bio-Piracy" Laws (of year 2001).
Har

Saltman

• Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 01:20:12 PM »
The last time I have heard from Vitor was in May/2018, where we talked about the situation in Brazil and his expeditions. As many of you know, his trips are related to high costs, that he covers only with selling the seeds. With only a handful of people interested in these rare species, it got more and more difficult to cover the costs, so he thought of new ways covering the costs, but did not mentioned anything specific. Since then, I (and some more people) did not received a message, answer or any sign from him in general . First, I was thinking he is just taking a break from his seed sales. But the point, that Guanabanus is refering to makes me curious, because I know Vitor as a very reliable man, who would definetly tell us when suspending his sales for whatever reason (I know him for almost 3 years now).
So I really hope he is doing well and just taking a break from his expeditions...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:08:54 PM by Saltman »

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 02:26:03 PM »
Druss, I have similar information like Saltman. I received the last message from Victor on 30/04/2018. In addition, for some time there is a problem with shipping seeds from Brazil. Their customs officers confiscate outbound shipments. It is a mistake that somebody officially limits the business of their own citizens. Perhaps this was the main reason for reducing / stopping or suspending Victor's activity. From several conversations with Victor, I conclude that he is a noble man with a good heart. I hope it that he is whole and healthy. Some solution is to write to him directly (if someone has a stationary address and really wants to know if everything is ok with him).
Patience is a gardener's virtue

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 08:21:51 PM »
Thats pretty much the same as me, just hoping he didnt come to grief, will snail mail him.

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 08:29:42 PM »
Could someone be able to read the address on the packages sent from Vitor? That should help.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 12:11:20 AM »
yes for 2 years , nothing is known about him, also another Brazilian seller Ricardo...
Ricardo is alive and well. He has a full time nursery and plant/flower mail order business. It is very difficult and unreliable to send seeds out of Brazil due to many government rules and restrictions. This is also why Helton stopped doing it. BTW, this has hit Ecuador also. Jim West is having difficulties sending seeds out.
Oscar

Fruittylife

• Costa Rica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 12:04:03 AM »
I have emailed Vitor many times hoping to get a reply and no reply.  The last email I have from him is dated May 4th, 2018

Does anyone have his phone number or home address?