Author Topic: Durian season in Borneo  (Read 10924 times)

n125242980005

• Taiwan
    • View Profile
Re: Durian season in Borneo
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2013, 12:32:22 PM »
I just got some  Durio Graveolens seeds from MY.
I believe its season now . ;)

Maryoto

• WhatsApp +62 812 3688 1182
    • Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013, 01:00:42 PM »
You can't ship mango seeds to USA anyway because of the seed weevil, I wonder about the whole fruit though...
Yes Jack, I also heard that.
What about the other fruit seeds, do you know what kind of seeds that can be sent to the USA besides mango seed?
But I also heard that any seed can be sent easily to Hawaii,is that true?

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2013, 01:08:47 PM »
I just got some  Durio Graveolens seeds from MY.
I believe its season now . ;)
That's good.
I do not know whether in Malaysia and in Borneo have different seasons, because I was told by my uncle in Borneo that Durio graviolens has not been fruitful.

AnnonAddict

• Growing too many things at once
    • Santa Barbara, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2013, 02:04:48 PM »
You can't ship mango seeds to USA anyway because of the seed weevil, I wonder about the whole fruit though...
Yes Jack, I also heard that.
What about the other fruit seeds, do you know what kind of seeds that can be sent to the USA besides mango seed?
But I also heard that any seed can be sent easily to Hawaii,is that true?
I don't know of any other seeds.
Jackson

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2013, 04:18:14 PM »
Maryoto, do you have access to the Mangifera caesia?
I do not have access to Mangifera caesia Jack,this fruit only can be found in Borneo.
I have plans to go to Borneo to visit my uncle and look for rare fruits, if my money is enough.
Maybe when the fruiting season next year I can find the information for you.

Nope
Oscar

AnnonAddict

• Santa Barbara, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2013, 10:06:19 PM »
Oh? How come sometimes when I pick up mangoes in the market it says from ecuador or I have seen from Bali, why is this? Is there a special export permit needed?
Jackson

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2013, 11:41:56 PM »
Oh? How come sometimes when I pick up mangoes in the market it says from ecuador or I have seen from Bali, why is this? Is there a special export permit needed?

Very different for an individual to send fruits than for a big fruit company to ship fruits. The company will usually have to treat the fruit before exporting, receive special permits, inspections, inspections on arrival, etc.
Oscar

AnnonAddict

• Santa Barbara, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2013, 11:48:18 PM »

Very different for an individual to send fruits than for a big fruit company to ship fruits. The company will usually have to treat the fruit before exporting, receive special permits, inspections, inspections on arrival, etc.
Oh... I think treating is out of the question for the ones from Indo and Ecuador because they were both Organic. I wonder if an average joe has ever shipped mangoes from way down yonder back to homestead...
Jackson

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2013, 12:02:05 AM »

Oh... I think treating is out of the question for the ones from Indo and Ecuador because they were both Organic. I wonder if an average joe has ever shipped mangoes from way down yonder back to homestead...

Organic mangoes can also be treated. For example, hot water treatment is allowed. The average Joe that sends mangoes home can be the one that causes all of Southern California to have to be aerially sprayed with malathion for fruit flies. Don't even think about it!  >:(
Oscar

AnnonAddict

• Santa Barbara, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2013, 12:04:06 AM »
LOL! I haven't laughed that hard in a while! Yea, I won't do it... there are still scions though... I have never heard of hot water treatment Oscar, I learned something today, that happens to me every once in a while  ;D.
Jackson

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2013, 04:27:46 PM »

Organic mangoes can also be treated. For example, hot water treatment is allowed. The average Joe that sends mangoes home can be the one that causes all of Southern California to have to be aerially sprayed with malathion for fruit flies. Don't even think about it!  >:(

A hot body massage with coconut oil and she is ready to be planted. I guess this is the best way to cheer up the mango seed after a long journey.  ;D
Moh'd

Recher

• 2221 dunoon rd dorroughby
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2013, 03:58:20 PM »
it is written 'I do not have access to Mangifera caesia Jack,this fruit only can be found in Borneo.'

Caesia, the best form called Wani is from Bali and I purchased M. caesia @ fruit market in KL about 28/05/2012
Wealth is being able to afford principle

Memory is responsible for the illusion of linear time

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2013, 05:35:01 AM »
it is written 'I do not have access to Mangifera caesia Jack,this fruit only can be found in Borneo.'

Caesia, the best form called Wani is from Bali and I purchased M. caesia @ fruit market in KL about 28/05/2012
Once I searched for information on Bali, it turns out Mangifera caesia cultivated in bali.
The fruit is also cultivated in Thailand and the Philippines.
But this fruit is derived from Borneo, there are also some experts who say the fruit came from India.

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2013, 07:38:20 AM »
I bought Mangifera Caesia seed from "eyesha" ebay seller few years ago, she was a great seller of tropical fruit seeds from Malaysia, but no longer active on ebay.
I lost this beautiful plant  after one winter, when I  watered it to much.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2013, 08:57:56 PM »
I bought Mangifera Caesia seed from "eyesha" ebay seller few years ago, she was a great seller of tropical fruit seeds from Malaysia, but no longer active on ebay.
I lost this beautiful plant  after one winter, when I  watered it to much.

I suspect Aisha is Shefloral  right now on ebay.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk