Author Topic: Upcoming Lychee and Artocarpus Lectures and Fruit Meetings in South Florida!  (Read 4485 times)

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Noel Ramos aka FloridaGreenMan will be speaking on May 9th at the Miami Rare Fruit Council at 7pm. The subject of his lecture will be "Amazing Artocarpus". It will be held at the Miami Museum of Science. http://tropicalfruitnews.org/

Bill Mee will be speaking on Monday May 7th at the Broward Rare Fruit Council. The subject of his lecture will be Lychees. It will be held at 7:30pm at the Broward County Extension Office in Davie. http://www.rfvcbroward.org/events.html

lycheeluva

• Brooklyn, NY
  • obsessed with fruit growing, especially lychees
    • View Profile
if anyone is going and gets permissiont to video record some or all of Bill's speech, that would be awesome.

Ethan

• Central California Z9/9
    • View Profile
if anyone is going and gets permissiont to video record some or all of Bill's speech, that would be awesome.

I'd say the same thing about Noel's!

-Ethan

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
I've got exams on both days so no possibility of me doing it. Anyone else able to?

emegar

• Zone 9b/10a, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    • View Profile
Hear, hear!  I'd love to see these presentations, but sadly, as a non-Floridian, there's no chance of my doing so in person.  To the youtube!
James

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
I would luv to see both presentations 8) 8) 8)

FloridaGreenMan...we want to see your presentation...PRETTY PLZ...with a cherry on top :) I really enjoyed watching the P.R presentation!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:11:22 PM by Jackfruitwhisperer69 »
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of your life!

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
I've got exams on both days so no possibility of me doing it. Anyone else able to?

BTW Good Luck with the exams :) they sure are pain in the fanny  >:( ;D ;D
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.

MarinFla

• Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
    • USA, Deerfield Beach/FL, 33442. Zone 10b
    • View Profile
I may make it to his lecture tonight. If I do I will bring my camera and see if videography is permitted and if so I can email it to Patrick or Sheehan to figure out how to post it. I will let you know.

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
I may make it to his lecture tonight. If I do I will bring my camera and see if videography is permitted and if so I can email it to Patrick or murahilin to figure out how to post it. I will let you know.

Hi Marin,

Thank you so much! :) I hope you will make to the lecture!

Take care,
Steven
Time is like a river.

MarinFla

• Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
    • USA, Deerfield Beach/FL, 33442. Zone 10b
    • View Profile
I made it to the lecture and was able to record it using the video feature on my camera (I brought the broken camcorder in my haste-bummer)
I had to record it in 2 segments but I got it :)
Marin

emegar

• Zone 9b/10a, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    • View Profile
Awesome!  Thanks, Marin!
James

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
YIPPEE can't wait to see the lecture 8) 8) 8)

Thank you Marin :)
Time is like a river.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk