Author Topic: Sugar Cane Juicer  (Read 58498 times)

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
Re: Sugar Cane Juicer
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2013, 01:41:31 PM »
Simon, thanks for the review.

That is one good looking trapiche! I like to try it out on my next visit to San Diego in March. I stop juicing canes in my Belleville it nearly burned out the motor.

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2013, 05:26:20 PM »
You are welcome JF,

Please come on down and try out the juicer for yourself. Bring your sugarcane and some containers for the juice. I can't believe how much juice I'm getting out of each cane. The juice is so delicious with some ice and lime juice or ginger. I was very surprised to find out that sugarcane juice is low glycemic index. The juice is also Basic in pH and has natural enzymes and vitamins, it's pretty much a very very sweet wheat grass with less chlorophyll taste. If anyone else wants to check out the juicer, just pm me or reply here. Bring your own cane because I just planted mine so I don't have any ready for juicing.
Simon

nch

• SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2013, 05:43:56 PM »
Simon, I have never had sugar cane juice with ginger. Very interesting. I have had sugar cane juice with orange and mandarin juices. very good.

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »
You are welcome JF,

Please come on down and try out the juicer for yourself. Bring your sugarcane and some containers for the juice. I can't believe how much juice I'm getting out of each cane. The juice is so delicious with some ice and lime juice or ginger. I was very surprised to find out that sugarcane juice is low glycemic index. The juice is also Basic in pH and has natural enzymes and vitamins, it's pretty much a very very sweet wheat grass with less chlorophyll taste. If anyone else wants to check out the juicer, just pm me or reply here. Bring your own cane because I just planted mine so I don't have any ready for juicing.
Simon

Hey thanks Simon

I'll bring a few canes I love guarapo I drink it at Chinatown and Westminster....I'll give you heads up when  down there

NaturalGreenthumb

• CA, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2014, 09:57:16 PM »
Unless someone beats me to it, I'll be ordering a manual sugar cane juicer.

I met up with simon today and brought along some old sugarcane at least 1 month old if not older.

Simon was kind enough  to let me work out my Muscles on his machine.

The machine does what's it supposed to do.

Although the old sugarcane was old it still has some juice left in it and Simons machine squeezed it out of them. The pulp came out really dry.

xshen

• Glendora &amp El Monte, 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2014, 10:08:08 PM »
Are you going to order from your Chinese sources? With the canes we got from thao, I don't think a juicer is necessary anymore lol. They were so soft, I got a second box

I met up with simon today and brought along some old sugarcane at least 1 month old if not older.

Although the old sugarcane was old it still has some juice left in it and Simons machine squeezed it out of them. The pulp came out really dry.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:12:33 PM by xshen »

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2014, 10:36:38 PM »
Are you going to order from your Chinese sources? With the canes we got from thao, I don't think a juicer is necessary anymore lol. They were so soft, I got a second box

Glad you liked that second box too :)

NaturalGreenthumb

• CA, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2014, 11:38:55 PM »
Thao the manual juicer is quite useful  you should get it.

But the one with the motor might be better for you and your acres of cane.

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2014, 12:26:37 AM »
Still thinking of getting one, but just don't know when. If and when I do get one, will let you guys know.

xshen

• Glendora &amp El Monte, 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2014, 12:49:48 AM »

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2014, 02:01:59 AM »
Have you checked the many local Asian stores around there? I think, I've seen the big blade one before at my local Asian store before. We have a lot of SE Asian here in this part of the central valley, which mean a lot of Asian stores as well. I think I saw it at the Vietnamese or Thai store.

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2014, 09:28:22 PM »
Please let me know if anyone finds a good sugarcane knife/stripper. I'm afraid the lower quality knives can have lead in the blades. Thanks,
Simon

LEOOEL

• USA, South Florida, Miami, Temperature Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2014, 12:27:16 AM »
I like all the useful info on this Thread. I'm also looking for an easy to clean/use Sugar Cane Juicer that is low maintenance.
There's nothing quite as refreshing/nutruitious as a freshly squeezed, sugar cane juice drink, with ice and a dash of fresh lime juice.
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

palmtreeluke

• SW Florida
    • View Profile
    • Green Planet Farm
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2014, 02:19:45 PM »
Wanted to show you guys what i've been up to!

We are working on a new order and hope to have the tropical fruit peelers(great for sugarcane, mangos, avocado, and papaya (basically any large fruit.) they can be serviced and sharpened by removing the guard and sharpening the blade with the screws(cheaper Chinese models have rivets!)

We also hooked up  an electric motor to the manual crank GPF-1 juicer to make more juice faster, check it out: http://youtu.be/CtaNT_My7b8

our pre-order for the 2014 models will begin next month and be discounted price.

HAPPY JUICING! 8)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:24:24 PM by palmtreeluke »
Home of the Chewy Purple Sugar Apple Annona squamosa 'Isan Indigo'
www.greenplanetfarm.com

NaturalGreenthumb

• CA, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2014, 02:31:17 PM »
Wanted to show you guys what i've been up to!

We are working on a new order and hope to have the tropical fruit peelers(great for sugarcane, mangos, avocado, and papaya (basically any large fruit.) they can be serviced and sharpened by removing the guard and sharpening the blade with the screws(cheaper Chinese models have rivets!)

We also hooked up  an electric motor to the manual crank GPF-1 juicer to make more juice faster, check it out: http://youtu.be/CtaNT_My7b8

our pre-order for the 2014 models will begin next month and be discounted price.

HAPPY JUICING! 8)

I'd remove that handle.looks mighty dangerous if you accidentally bump into it. Lois like it can cause some some serious injury to someone.

Whats the specs on the belt and where did you get it?

And can you provide some info on how you set up the motor with the pully
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:33:11 PM by NaturalGreenthumb »

palmtreeluke

• SW Florida
    • View Profile
    • Green Planet Farm
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2014, 02:43:10 PM »
Yes, its can be a dangerous machine, the handle can easily be unbolted for safety and a housing cover can be made if you are industrious. I operate it from the opposite side.

The motors and belts come from a wholesale supplier but they are standard electric continuous duty motors with cradle mounts. this model is 1/3HP. We can supply you with belts, motors and pulleys if you have a GPF 1 juicer and want to motorize it. The pulleys we use take A style belts. length is dependent on mounting distance.

We are manufacturing new carts/stands that will have caster and mounts for our juicers. they will include a spot to mount an electric motor. Or you can keep it manual crank. It takes about 3 seconds to revert back to manual crank by removing the rubber belt.

The benefit is having the two options to manually crank in off grid applications or if power is out, or motorize it and get to making some serious juice.

www.greenplanetfarm.com

palmtreeluke

• SW Florida
    • View Profile
    • Green Planet Farm
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2014, 11:57:56 PM »
just an update!

we started our preorder on the manual crank sugar cane juicers, we also are offering the carts and motor kits so you can add an electric motor to your juicer. check it out. www.greenplanetfarm.com

tropicalfruitforum members can take $20 off entire order just send me an email. thanks!

Luke
www.greenplanetfarm.com

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2014, 03:55:13 PM »
Yes that spinning handle looks very dangerous but also the uncovered spinning wheel. I guess this machine is not allowed in Europe where safety goes first. It just needs a cover so all spinning parts are hidden inside the machine.

palmtreeluke

• SW Florida
    • View Profile
    • Green Planet Farm
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2014, 10:48:28 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. We are always developing ways to improve it. yes the handle should have been removed and we will look into fabricating a stainless guard to cover the belt.

www.greenplanetfarm.com

Doglips

• Houston TX 9A
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2014, 03:04:02 PM »
Really needs a kill switch, or at least foot pedal control.

Motorized absolutely could kill someone.

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2014, 07:33:50 PM »
I purchased the manual crank sugarcane juicer from GPF a while back and I love that I can use it around my children without having to worry about their safety. The manual crank is easy enough to use that my 3 year old daughter was able to squeeze some juice when I cut the canes in half. I really think a crank juicer is a must for anyone growing sugarcane.
Simon

palmtreeluke

• SW Florida
    • View Profile
    • Green Planet Farm
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2014, 12:06:22 PM »
I purchased the manual crank sugarcane juicer from GPF a while back and I love that I can use it around my children without having to worry about their safety. The manual crank is easy enough to use that my 3 year old daughter was able to squeeze some juice when I cut the canes in half. I really think a crank juicer is a must for anyone growing sugarcane.
Simon

Hey Simon,

Glad you are really enjoying your juicer. I agree, it is a must have for anyone growing cane.  You can enjoy your fruits of the labor much easier. I am real excited for the new models coming in stock next Month, the GPF-2.

A kill switch would be a good idea for the motorized version. The idea with these machines is to make and develop a high quality sugar cane juicer at a good price. 

Happy growing!
www.greenplanetfarm.com

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2014, 12:04:03 AM »
I'm still juicing sugarcane. At first, I thought I would only use my juicer occasionally but I find I use it quite often because I love showing this machine to my friends. Many of my friends have never tried fresh pressed sugarcane juice before and they can't believe how great and sweet it tastes. I've learned to put lots of ice in my sugarcane juice in order to avoid it being overly sweet and this in effect will double the volume of juice I have.

It's really incredible how much juice I get out of a few pieces of sugarcane. The best part is that fresh pressed juice is supposed to be Alkaline and has many health benefits. It is also low glycemic index even though it is so sweet. It's pretty much a super sweet wheat grass.

I've been juicing so much even though my sugarcane was recently planted. I can't wait for the day when my backyard sugarcane is ready to be harvested for juice. I'm currently ordering sugarcane from my friends store and also collecting and growing different types of cane from the various ethnic markets .
Simon

jcaldeira

• Planet Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2014, 03:28:38 AM »
Is the clean-up quick and easy with this juicer?
Applying laws and rules equally to all is a cornerstone of a civilized society.

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2014, 04:10:48 PM »
I have the older model and initial cleaning is a pain but normal post use cleaning only takes me about 5 minutes. The older unit is heavy so having a cart for it will make cleaning much easier. I just use a stiff bristle brush and a hose to spray it down. If you already have a patch of sugar cane growing, I would highly recommend purchasing this type of sugarcane juicer over a regular fruit juicer. You will quickily burn out a regular fruit juicer even if you cut the cane into small pieces. I expect the older model I purchased to last a lifetime. I have not tested out the new model yet but it appears to be a much better design.
Simon