Author Topic: JackFRUIT for Sale? (North Dade, FL)  (Read 3601 times)

DRFixembones

• Miami, Florida
    • View Profile
    • www.ZacharyDvorkin.com
JackFRUIT for Sale? (North Dade, FL)
« on: April 06, 2012, 05:06:06 PM »
To all the South Floridians out there, any suggestions on where I can buy good Jackfruit? (J-30, Black Gold, NS, etc.) I drive down to Homestead/Redlands once a month to see patients and have been buying from Robert is Here, and though they were giving me a decent price, the last few fruits I bought were NOT good...Plus, I never know what the Variety is. Anybody growing them that would sell to me? Or any Markets closer to me? I live in North Dade...

Thanks!
Zach
Zach

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: JackFRUIT for Sale? (North Dade, FL)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 10:41:32 PM »
To all the South Floridians out there, any suggestions on where I can buy good Jackfruit? (J-30, Black Gold, NS, etc.) I drive down to Homestead/Redlands once a month to see patients and have been buying from Robert is Here, and though they were giving me a decent price, the last few fruits I bought were NOT good...Plus, I never know what the Variety is. Anybody growing them that would sell to me? Or any Markets closer to me? I live in North Dade...

Thanks!
Zach
Zach - you are still about a month or so off for any real good, ripe jaks.  Also, it is very important to know the variety you are buying as that will determine the type and quality of the fruit.
- Rob

DRFixembones

• Miami, Florida
    • View Profile
    • www.ZacharyDvorkin.com
Re: JackFRUIT for Sale? (North Dade, FL)
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 10:55:26 AM »
Okay. Thanks for the heads up.
Zach