Author Topic: Pine Island Nursery VS. Excalibur  (Read 2053 times)

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Pine Island Nursery VS. Excalibur
« on: July 28, 2017, 12:19:08 PM »
Have you seen how PIN has revamped their website?  Unfortunately they didn't add any of the newer Zill mango varieties to their Mango Variety Viewer.  I would imagine that they do sell some of them.  Excalibur, on the other hand, lists Coconut Cream, Cotton Candy, Edgar, Fruit Punch, Honey Kiss, Juicy Peach, Lemon Zest, Orange Essence, Peach Cobbler, Pina Colada, Phoenix, Pineapple Pleasure, Providence, Seacrest, Sunrise, Sweet Tart, Ugly Betty, and Venus.  Wow!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 12:02:58 AM by johnb51 »
John

CapeCoralGuy

• Cape Coral, Lee County Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Pine Island Nursery VS. Excalibur
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 08:25:49 PM »
True! I saw Pine Island new web site also and was surprised that they didnt included any of the new mangos varieties you mentioned. I wonder why? If they are selling them, why not let people know they have them?

Mr. Clean

• FLMangos.com
    • US, FL, West Palm Beach, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
    • Florida's Finest Mangos
Re: Pine Island Nursery VS. Excalibur
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 08:53:39 PM »
PIN spent a significant amount of money developing their website years ago.  They probably didn't want to spend more money on it.  Excalibur has a simpler website, which is easier to update.  Both are excellent nurseries, with a large selection of trees.  I think PIN is about 35 acres and Excalibur about 19 acres.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 11:54:58 AM by Mr. Clean »
www.FLMangos.com

110+ fruit trees/plants; 60+ mango trees; 9 jackfruit; 6 avocado; 3 persimmon; longan; and a dog that keeps raccoons and squirrels away.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk