Author Topic: Loquat Scions/Seeds/Plants for Sale: (20+ Varieties) Sunset, Champagne, and more  (Read 18498 times)

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • USA, AL, Silverhill, 8B
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
Due to popular demand and request, I'm making scions available for everyone.

Taking Orders every day at Sales@akme.co

Scion collections made on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.  Shipments sent on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

FREE Local Delivery for Baldwin County, AL, Residents.

ATTENTION: ***  Some larger orders, I will have to process on the weekends while I'm off work. Please be patient with me in both response time and output. You are all amazing, and if I fail to respond to an order request within 6 hours or so, send it again and make sure I did not miss it. I generally respond both day and night. ***

AKME Gardens Presenting

Advance  |  Benlehr  |  Bradenton  |  Champagne  |  Golden Nugget  |  'Harvest'  |  Kanko  |  Mogi  |  Oliver  |  'Robust'  |  Sherry  |  Strawberry  |  'Sunset'  |  'Viking'  |  Wolfe  |  Yehuda  |  'Zesty'  |  Dwarf  #8  |  Semi-Dwarf #7  |  Seedling

Coming Soon . . .
Aiden  |  Argelino  |  Big Jim  |  Christmas  |  Ed's Delight  |  Massida  |  McBeth  |  National  |  Tori

SOLD OUT
Avri  |  Nozak  |  Peluche  |  Sugarcane  |  Vista White

DISCLAIMER
In response to the global pandemic of SARS-COV-2 causing COVID-19, I’ve implemented additional steps to ensure our safety and yours while conducting business. I disinfect all tools, materials and items with an EPA industrially approved virucide called Virex II which can kill any traces of coronavirus in under a few minutes to keep all parties safe during transactions.

SCIONS
Loquat scions you obtain from me can be acquired as is, grafted onto your existing trees or a designated rootstock, or I can custom graft them onto a seedling or cocktail tree for you. I will price them based on availability, difficulty to obtain (as some of these will require distant travel, a ladder and certain tools, or boon equipment to acquire), along with rarity and demand. Prices are subject to change and become either lower or higher based on these factors.

Every individual scion is carefully examined, collected, tagged, isolated, washed, scrubbed, de-leafed, treated, hydrated, re-inspected (for diseases, rot, infections, pests, contaminants, etc) and safely stored. Scions never make contact with scions from alternate trees. The wound end(s) on each scion is parafilm sealed before being enclosed in heavy duty wrap and bubble cushion prior to shipment. All Medium scions are 6+ inches, and Large scions are 1 foot or larger. Large scions always have a fruiting or foliage tip from a mature fruiting tree as a bonus. Small scions are always 4+ inches.

If you want specific calipers for your scions, you must specify at the time of ordering.

SEEDS
I have seeds of most varieties currently available. Be advised that the actual fruit of a seedling will not be the same as its parentage, but many physical properties of the tree’s genetic markers may carry over, such as size, growing patterns, prolificity, resistances and tolerances. Also, actual fruit does tend to be similar in many regards and may even have an improved flavor if you're fortunate.

Every individual seed is carefully harvested, examined, isolated, washed, scrubbed, de-pulped, treated, re-inspected and safely stored—yes, every single one, individually. Seeds never make contact with seeds from alternate varieties. Only the best seeds are selected, and anything not meeting our strong standards is discarded immediately. Seeds are disinfected and wrapped in such a way that they are not touching during shipment to reduce the chance of mold.

If your seed has already germinated prior to shipping, I will upgrade it to a biodegradable seed starter pouch, and you'll receive a small plant rather than a seed. This is not common, so if it happens to you, just be thankful that good fortune has smiled upon you.   :D

Seeds are only available until June each year, and all remaining seeds are then germinated into saplings.

ROOTSTOCKS
You may purchase germinated seedlings as rootstocks, or larger, vigorous Wolfe Parentage Seedlings. Rootstocks can be utilized as a grafting base for your scions, or you can have me customize a cocktail tree for you if you don’t mind the wait. Most of the younger, ungrafted seedlings are Viking x Peluche, Advance x Harvest/Champagne, Robust x Kanko/Sherry as well as some Dwarf and Semi-Dwarf starters. Please note, the tree heights listed are prior to any custom grafting which takes place--provided top working is performed. If you buy a germinated sapling, you may request some of the parentage crossings you see above.

Please specify when ordering whether or not your tree is going into a full sun or part sun area. I keep both green bark trees for lower light conditions and lignified bark trees for full sun conditions as an added convenience to you. Unfortunately, I do not have any green barks over 7 gallon sizes, as anything 10g or higher will be mature and have aged bark. Good news, however, is that an aged bark tree can handle both part and full sun.

I know my trees aren't the cheapest, but the care they receive and the control of their parentages we provide makes them worth every penny. You know what you're getting, and you get what you pay for.
   •   Newly Germinated Seedling Standard (Under 12 Inches, *Not a Grafting Size*, Sapling Caliper) – $15.00 *** Parentage Crossings Must Be Specified If Desired ***
   •   Newly Germinated Seedling Dwarf or Semi-Dwarf (Under 12 Inches, *Not a Grafting Size*, Sapling Caliper) – $20.00 *** Dwarf or Semi-Dwarf Must Be Specified If Desired *** (LIMITED)
   •   1 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (1-2 foot tall, Single Variety Grafting Size, 1/4"+/- caliper) – $25.00 (SOLD OUT)
   •   3 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (3-4 feet tall, 3-6 Multi Variety Grafting Size, 1/2” - 5/8"+/- caliper) – $40.00
   •   5 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (4-5 feet tall, 7-11 Multi Variety Grafting Size, 5/8” - 3/4"+ caliper) – $55.00
   •   7 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (5-6 feet tall, 12+ Multi Variety Grafting Size, 3/4” - 1"+ caliper) – $75.00
   •   10 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (6+ feet tall, Mature, 16+ Multi Variety Grafting Size, 1" - 1 1/4"+ caliper) – $125.00 (SOLD OUT)
   •   30 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (6 - 8 feet tall, Mature, 20+ Multi Variety Grafting Size, 1 1/4" - 1 1/2"+ caliper) – $265.00
   •   65 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (8 - 10 feet tall, Fruiting Established, 25+ Multi Variety Grafting Size, 1 3/4" - 2 1/4"+ caliper) – $585.00
   •   100 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (10 - 14 feet tall, Instant Fruiting Orchard, "Go Crazy" Multi Variety Grafting Size, 2 1/2" - 2 7/8"+ caliper) – $875.00
   •   300 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (12 - 16 feet tall, Instant Fruiting Orchard, "You Can Have Whatever You Like" Multi Variety Grafting Size, 3"+ caliper) – $1,400.00

CUSTOM COCKTAILS & GRAFTING SERVICES
You may request a custom cocktail tree on any of the available rootstocks. I am very meticulous and artistic with my grafts and will make sure they are carefully positioned with future growth vigor in mind. Additionally, you will get photographic updates every time an action is taken on a cocktail tree you are waiting for as time and weather permits.

I put a lot of careful planning and effort into grafting your trees with viability, growth and aesthetics all in mind. I am also very careful with keeping clean surfaces. I don't just wash the tools to prevent cross contamination, I also wash and treat the scions and trees being joined together so nothing spreads across surfaces.  I inspect every tree and scion for any trace of diseases, weaknesses, pests and infections.

While a few grafts are more common, placing a dozen or more varieties on a larger rootstock is not out of the question for those wanting extreme diversity in a small space. If you want it, I can make it happen. Just please be respectful of the size of the tree, and if you're leaning toward whether or not you should upgrade, always lean toward the upgrade.

My charge is a flat $15.00 per grafting procedure per purchased scion (if you'd seen what I go through with some veneers, you'd ask why I don't charge more    :o ;D ). If you research the costs of single grafted named cultivar trees, then you'll truly appreciate the value of my grafting services--especially if you're an avid eBay shopper. Plus, I am housing your cocktail tree for awhile, and moving it around constantly for adequate lighting, moisture, treatments and inspections for many weeks. I must use ample supplies and wear on my tools and time and planning, etc. Please be respectful of this modest price and my efforts, and imagine the look a barber would give you if you tried to barter with his set prices in the barber shop.   :o  ???  ::)  :blank:

Please allow a 1 to 2 month process for these services, as I'd rather not ship it until I'm sure the graft union is certain with 2 or more (non-deceiving) flushes--but will ship it at any time if you request it, as loquats are resilient. If any graft fails while in my care, however, I will replace the scion and redo the graft at no extra charge. So technically, I'm including some insurance as well.

I will always contact you before shipping your trees to make sure your local temps are safe and you are present to receive the package.

If you want specific grafting styles performed, please specify: cleft, wedge, whip and tongue, veneer, etc., otherwise I will simply choose what I feel is best for the size of scion and location on the tree. You can also opt in for approach grafting if you wish to co-join two or more rootstocks. Also, you may request a photo of your selected tree and instruct me precisely how you want it grafted if you want more control over the process.

I have also been asked often by people wanting to ship me their already owned trees and scions for various trees they want grafted (everything from apple to avocado). I am more than happy to provide this service for you, but understand that some types of trees can only be grafted certain times of the year due to temperatures and dormancies unless an evergreen. You must cover shipping costs both ways, and there will be a one time handling charge of $50.00 to cover the inspection, treatment, isolation, cleaning and maintenance and ongoing care your tree and scions will undergo prior to performing grafting services. After that, just the customary $15.00 per grafting service. I am not responsible for scions which fail under these circumstances. Not every source sends you reliable scions--do your homework.

I will perform local grafting services and travel to your property and graft to your trees directly provided you're within Baldwin County or at a reasonable distance from the county (preferably less than 2 hours from Gulf Shores, AL--I can't stand driving!). I don't have a pricing plan for this service, so perhaps you can make an offer to make it worth my time. If you're really serious about it, I believe I can fly (  ;D  ;D ), but you better reach deep and fire up a grill for those ribeyes if you want me traveling to that extent. I suppose anything is possible if you make it worthwhile.  ;)  Traveling grafting services would only be available on weekends.
   •   Customized Cocktail Tree Grafting Service – $15.00 extra per scion grafting procedure

LEAVES (TEA & FOLIAR SPRAY)
You can make an extremely healthy Loquat Tea out of the leaves, use them as very nutritious mulch for your trees and plants, and use them to make vital foliar plant sprays, etc. I will be working on a way to offer Leaves and Loquat Tea Bags for certain varieties soon and hope this will be exciting for you. If I catch a high demand for it, I will make it happen sooner rather than later. Progress has been made for these services and will be made available soon.

FRUIT
The fruit is great for jams and can be frozen and eaten as an icy or chilled snack. Many people want to taste the varieties before they splurge on scions and trees, and I want to make this a reality. I’ve discovered a way to make these available while in season, and we will be prepared to offer all varieties we sell in the upcoming season. Our current selection is very limited. We will prep the fruits by cleaning them, removing the seeds and making them ready to pop into your mouth upon opening. We will vacuum seal the fruits, freeze them, and ship them on a combination of dry ice and ice gel packs to keep frozen during shipment. I will not be sending whole fruits, as their lack of shelf life will leave them mush upon arrival, and we harvest all of the seeds. I currently have a very limited supply of random, late season fruit available. Any fruit sent will be identified as to the variety you are receiving. All orders containing fresh fruit will have a minimum shipping charge of $25.00 to cover all of the shipping materials required to ship frozen fruit to your doorstep.
   •   Loquat Fruit, Mixed “Labeled” Varieties (Limited Time Only, While Supplies Last) – One Dozen Full Fruits (24 “Half” Pieces) - $15.00 (OUT OF STOCK)
   •   Shipping & Handling (Frozen Fruit) - $25.00, Minimum (This is non-negotiable due to cost of shipping materials for keeping foods frozen in transit)

FABRIC POTS
I don’t grow or ship trees in plastic containers which bind and ultimately kill root systems. Seedlings, Cocktails or Trees which I ship, containing the custom-made growing medium I use, will come with very high-quality fabric pots similar to Smart Pots and have heavy duty handles for ease of mobility. These fabric pots are far superior for root growth, eliminating dead zones in root systems, providing unparalleled drainage, aeration, containment of nutrients and additives, and can even be buried without risking exposure from inground pests and allowing supplemental roots to escape into the ground.

You may purchase as many fabric pots as you need for container culture or growing out your tree(s). I have all sizes available between 1g – 1,000g. The most common are 10 gallon and 30 gallon—which are perfect for loquats. I will never let Smart Pots beat my prices, guaranteed.
   •   Heavy Duty Fabric Pot with Handles (10 Gallon) - $8.00
   •   Heavy Duty Fabric Pot with Handles (30 Gallon) - $12.00

LOQUATS (Eriobotrya japonica)

Discount Specials (NEW):  ALL DISCOUNTS STACK
If you order 10 or more of the same scion, you’ll receive $1.00 off each scion (all sizes).
If you order 10 or more unique scions, you'll receive 5% off your scions.
If you order 25 or more total scions, you'll receive 10% off your scions.
If you order 11+ seeds of the same variety, you’ll receive 10% off your seeds.
If you order 26+ seeds of the same variety, you’ll receive 15% off your seeds.
If you order 100+ seeds of any variety combination, you’ll receive an additional 10% off your seeds.

ADVANCE (Juicy Sweet Flavor, Medium-Large Oval, Melting Texture, White Flesh)
   •   Small Scion (4 inches) - $6.00
   •   Medium Scion (6 inches or larger) - $8.00
   •   Large Scion (12 inches or larger with foliage/fruiting tip) - $12.00
   •   Seed – (OUT OF STOCK)

AVRI(Very Sweet Mild Flavor, Medium Size, Dense Texture, Orange Flesh)
   •   Small Scion (4 inches) – (OUT OF STOCK)
   •   Medium Scion (6 inches or larger) – (OUT OF STOCK)
   •   Large Scion (12 inches or larger with foliage/fruiting tip) – (OUT OF STOCK)

BENLEHR (Refreshing Juicy Grape Flavor, Medium Oval, Dense Texture and Peels Easily, White Flesh, Superb Shelf Life)
   •   Small Scion (4 inches) - $8.00
   •   Medium Scion (6 inches or larger) - $10.00
   •   Large Scion (12 inches or larger with foliage/fruiting tip) - $15.00
   •   Seed - (OUT OF STOCK)

BRADENTON(Nectarine Flavor & Texture, Medium-Large Round-Egg, Orange Flesh, Late Variety)

CHAMPAGNE (Balanced Sweet & Tangy Flavor—Delicious (My Daughter’s “Sweet Tooth” Favorite), Medium-Large Oval, Juicy Texture, White Flesh, Makes Wonderful Jam)
   •   Small Scion (4 inches) - $8.00
   •   Medium Scion (6 inches or larger) - $10.00
   •   Large Scion (12 inches or larger with foliage/fruiting tip) - $15.00

GOLDEN NUGGET (Sweet Apricot Flavor, Large Round/Oval, Firm and Thick Texture, Orange Flesh, Very Vigorous Upright Growth)
   •   Small Scion (4 inches) - $3.00
   •   Medium Scion (6 inches or larger) - $4.00
   •   Large Scion (12 inches or larger with foliage/fruiting tip) - $6.00

HARVEST (Honeydew Melon Flavor, Medium Round, Normal Texture, White-Yellow Flesh, Spreading Growth, Ultra Prolific)
      o      Special Note:  Harvest is my newest sweet variety, and I am excited to now offer it. Clusters of fruit consistently weigh down the tips of every single branch. I have yet to see a loquat as prolific as this one--especially with medium sized fruit. The fruit tastes like a sweet honeydew melon, and there are just so many on one tree, you simply can't eat them all. The tree keeps a nice, spreading arc in the upper canopy. If you want a really big harvest per square inch of tree real-estate, this is the one for you.
   •   Small Scion (4 inches) - $9.00
   •   Medium Scion (6 inches or larger) - $12.00
   •   Large Scion (12 inches or larger with foliage/fruiting tip) - $18.00

KANKO (Rich Syrup Flavor, Medium Egg, Firm Texture, Orange Flesh, Balanced Growth, Late Crop, Heavy Yield)

MOGI (Mild Lychee Flavor, Small Oval, Juicy Texture, Yellow Flesh)

NOVAK (Sweet/Tart Apricot Flavor, Medium Size, Dense Texture, Orange Flesh)
   •   Small Scion (4 inches) - (OUT OF STOCK)
   •   Medium Scion (6 inches or larger) - (OUT OF STOCK)
   •   Large Scion (12 inches or larger with foliage/fruiting tip) - (OUT OF STOCK)

OLIVER (Mild Plum Flavor, Medium-Large Round, Normal Texture, Orange Flesh, Semi-Vigorous Growth, Late/Staggered Crop, Heavy Yield)
   •   Small Scion (4 inches) - $4.00
   •   Medium Scion (6 inches or larger) - $5.00
   •   Large Scion (12 inches or larger with foliage/fruiting tip) - $8.00

PELUCHE (Sweet Peach Flavor, Very Large Size, Soft Texture, Orange Flesh, Vigorous Growth, Giant Ornamental Leaves, Striped Patterned Fruit)
   •   Large Scion (12 inches or larger with foliage/fruiting tip) - (OUT OF STOCK)

ROBUST (Citrusy Flavor, Medium Round, Normal Texture, Orange Flesh, Broad and Wide Growth, Very Ornamental)
      o      Special Note:  Robust is a foundation canvass which consistently has a very thick trunk, wide branching and a near perfectly shaped canopy.  Upon discovering it, I realized it can be grown for either ornamental purposes or allowed to mature to a perfect shape for grafting all your favorite varieties onto its very thick branches.  Its own fruit has mild citrus undertones for flavor, but less potent than a sweet kumquat. This is the perfect tree for those wanting to avoid too much upright growth and feel secure that your branching is going to hold strong against fruit weight and weather abuse.  Grafting this onto a Viking seedling as a root topper stock is a good combination for a future cocktail base, however its seedlings are proving to keep the same girthy growth habits right out of germination.

'Robust' Super Stocky Caliper

SHERRY (Watermelon Flavor, Small Round, Smooth & Juicy Texture, Orange Flesh, Early Crop)

STRAWBERRY (Fruity Cocktail Flavor Similar to Alpine Strawberries, Medium Oval, Normal Texture, Yellow Flesh)

SUGARCANE (Extremely Sweet Sugarcane Flavor, Medium-Large Egg Oval, Heavily Juicy Texture, White Firm Flesh, Very Balanced Upright & Wide Canopy Growth, Speckled Skin, Crisp and Clean Very Large Leaves with Superb Loquat Tea Flavor, “Rare Trait” Seeds in Fruit Have High Chance to Early Germinate Within Pulp for Higher Planting Success)
      o      Special Note: The Sugarcane is a variety I discovered recently from a group of seedlings and wasted no time propagating it. It has a nice, balanced canopy shape and speckled colored fruit once ripened. I named it ‘Sugarcane’ when my wife and I both bit into samples and at the same time we said sugar-water and sugarcane, without a doubt. The leaves make the best tasting Loquat Tea flavor I have ever tried, and they are clean, ornamental, vibrant and highly resistant. The seeds within most of the fruit we tested were already green, swollen and roots starting to emerge (not common). The seeds will be available at a limited supply as I intend to keep most of them and try to replicate the trait in future seedlings. 
   •   Medium Scion (Up to 6 inches) - (OUT OF STOCK)
   •   Large Scion (Up to 12 inches with foliage/fruiting tip) - (OUT OF STOCK)

SUNSET (Ultra Sweet Sugary & Refreshing Flavor, Medium-Large Teardrop, Thick & Juicy Texture, Deep Orange Flesh, Very Vigorous Upright Growth & Very Thick Trunk and Branch Girth, Unique Dark Orange Skin)
      o      Special Note: The Sunset is a variety I discovered recently from a group of seedlings. Not only is this the best Loquat I have ever tasted, I must rank it amongst one the best tasting fruits I’ve put in my mouth—even the lesser ripe fruits were sweet enough to enjoy. It has a nice, very thick trunk, and vigorous upright growth. The fruit truly stood out with a dark coral orange array which I couldn’t help but admire. My wife named it ‘Sunset’ since such orange tones represent happiness and joyful moods reminiscent of a deep orange sunset in the evening. 

Sunset's deep orange compared with Vista White

VIKING LOQUAT

Flavor: Very Sweet Honey Taste with Papaya Undertones
Fruit Size: Medium-Large Size
Fruit Type: Orange, Crisp Flesh
Growth Habits: Ultra-Vigorous Upright Growth, Highly Prolific
Season: Mid to Late
Tolerances: Resistant to Drought, Heat, Humidity, Wet, Cold, Wind, Pests & Diseases

o      Special Note: The Viking is a variety we discovered at AKME Gardens from a large group of carefully selected parentage and pollinated seedlings years ago. It was by far the most vigorous loquat tree we have encountered—having a stern upright growth pattern reaching 15-20 feet in under 5 years if left unpruned. The mother tree exceeded 7 feet in height in the first 10 months from seed, and flowered and fruited on 3 branches in the first season (only loquat we have ever germinated which fruited within a year from seed). Not only did its fruit turn out to be one of our favorites with a non-mushy honey-like flavor, its seedlings have consistently proven to be extremely vigorous and make astounding rootstocks. Vigorous, tolerant, tasty, resistant and withstands drought, high heat, low temperatures, flooding, and humidity—thus we named this loquat warrior the Viking. This is the coldest tolerant variety we know of, and has the most vigorous growth we have ever seen on a loquat.
   •   Small Scion (4 inches) - $12.00 ‘Limited Supply’
   •   Medium Scion (6 inches or larger) - $16.00 ‘Limited Supply’
   •   Large Scion (12 inches or larger with foliage/fruiting tip) - $24.00 ‘Limited Supply’

VISTA WHITE (Very Sweet Sugary Flavor When Fully Ripe—More Tart if Eaten Early, Medium-Small Round, Normal Texture, White Flesh, Excellent Shelf Life)

WOLFE (Very Sweet Nectar/Honeysuckle Flavor (One of my favorites), Medium Egg Round, Firm Texture, Yellow Flesh, Vigorous Growth)

YEHUDA (Flavor Hints of Golden Delicious Apple, Medium-Large Egg, Crisp Texture, Yellow-Orange Flesh, Tolerant and Vigorous)

ZESTY(Ultimate “Pie” Loquat with Pleasant Piquant and Spicy Flavor, Medium-Large Size, Dense Texture, Yellow-Orange Flesh with High Quality Shelf Life, Vigorous Growth, Perfectly Balanced Canopy Shape, Highly Prolific, Prolonged Late Harvest)
      o      Special Note: “Zesty” is very unique, and is customarily my favorite tart flavored loquat—think, ‘Montmorency Cherry Pie’ style of loquat, only a more appetizing yellow-orange coloration. I have searched so diligently to find a loquat which consistently makes great jam, pie filling, freezes well, holds consistent flavor and has a high duration shelf life—Zesty is the one. Even frozen for a couple of months, the fruit maintained its crisp shape, bright color and sharp flavor while all other loquat fruit varieties we grow turned brown and lost flavor after 15-30 days. The tree itself takes on a favorable ornamental appearance and a moderate size. Due to its very late and fruit holding nature, it is an ideal candidate for those seeking to fruit loquats in colder regions outside of normal growing zones or in container conditions. The seeds of this tree have remarkable germination rates with very vigorous roots. Due to its potential as a commercial loquat, I did not want to make this one available, but it is too good not to. Zesty was named in honor of my great-grandmother who specialized in her own home-grown and fully stuffed Montmorency Cherry Pies—which she called Zesty Pies to encourage us kids to eat them. Took me years to secure this special specimen in my private collection, and after much thought and deliberation, here it is—the Zesty Pie Loquat. Limited Time Only.
   •   Small Scion (4 inches) - $12.00 ‘Limited Supply’
   •   Medium Scion (Up to 6 inches) - $16.00 ‘Limited Supply’
   •   Large Scion (Up to 12 inches with foliage/fruiting tip) - $24.00 ‘Limited Supply’

DWARF #8 ROOT TOPPER STOCK (Common Loquat Flavor, Medium-Small Oval, Normal Texture, Extreme Dwarfing Qualities, Spreading Growth Habit, Good Chance for Polyembryonic Seeds, Tolerant and Resistant)
   •   Dwarf Rootstock Seed (Monoembryonic) - (OUT OF STOCK)
   •   Dwarf Rootstock Seed (Polyembryonic) - (OUT OF STOCK)

SEMI-DWARF #7 ROOT TOPPER STOCK (Common Loquat Flavor, Medium-Small Oval, Normal Texture, Semi-Dwarfing Qualities, Spreading Growth Habit, Good Chance for Polyembryonic Seeds, Tolerant and Resistant)
   •   Semi-Dwarf Rootstock Seed - (OUT OF STOCK)

SEEDLING (Specific Varieties May Be Requested for Germination for Rootstock Preparation)
      o      Special Note: I will germinate any variety of seeds you want to grow and ship the seedling once it is the size you prefer. Additionally, I have dwarf and semi-dwarf poly seedlings which lead to desired rootstock sizes. I can graft any listed variety or create cocktails on our loquat rootstocks. All seedlings are derived from cross-pollination of named varieties, and specific parentage can be provided where applicable. We do not use Quince as a rootstock because it significantly reduces the lifespan of a loquat, and we grow dwarf and semi-dwarf loquats from poly seeds as an alternative.
   •   Newly Germinated Seedling Standard (Under 12 Inches, *Not a Grafting Size*, Sapling Caliper) – $15.00 *** Parentage Crossings Must Be Specified If Desired ***
   •   Newly Germinated Seedling Dwarf or Semi-Dwarf (Under 12 Inches, *Not a Grafting Size*, Sapling Caliper) – $20.00 *** Dwarf or Semi-Dwarf Must Be Specified If Desired *** (LIMITED)
   •   1 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (1-2 foot tall, Single Variety Grafting Size, 1/4"+/- caliper) – $25.00 (OUT OF STOCK)
   •   3 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (3-4 feet tall, 3-6 Multi Variety Grafting Size, 1/2” - 5/8"+/- caliper) – $40.00
   •   5 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (4-5 feet tall, 7-11 Multi Variety Grafting Size, 5/8” - 3/4"+ caliper) – $55.00
   •   7 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (5-6 feet tall, 12+ Multi Variety Grafting Size, 3/4” - 1"+ caliper) – $75.00
   •   10 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (6+ feet tall, Mature, 16+ Multi Variety Grafting Size, 1" - 1 1/4"+ caliper) – $125.00 (OUT OF STOCK)
   •   30 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (6 - 8 feet tall, Mature, 20+ Multi Variety Grafting Size, 1 1/4" - 1 1/2"+ caliper) – $265.00
   •   65 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (8 - 10 feet tall, Fruiting Established, 25+ Multi Variety Grafting Size, 1 3/4" - 2 1/4"+ caliper) – $585.00
   •   100 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (10 - 14 feet tall, Instant Fruiting Orchard, "Go Crazy" Multi Variety Grafting Size, 2 1/2" - 2 7/8"+ caliper) – $875.00
   •   300 Gallon Seedling in High Quality Fabric Container (12 - 16 feet tall, Instant Fruiting Orchard, "You Can Have Whatever You Like" Multi Variety Grafting Size, 3"+ caliper) – $1,400.00
   •   Seedling Host: Customized Cocktail Grafting Procedure, Additional Scions of Choice Grafted – $15.00 extra per purchased graft

'Viking' Springs Forth with Vigor

SHIPPING AND HANDLING
The cost of shipping and handling reflects both the shipping it takes to send your items, along with the shipping and packing materials--plus travel, time and labor involved in the overall process.  Scions are shipped in boxes--never in soft packages--and are heavily wrapped for protection. You will be given an itemized inventory receipt with every purchase, and there is always a chance a random FREE GIFT may appear in your shipment. There is no longer a minimum purchase required to place an order, but there is a minimum Shipping and Handling Charge of $10.00.

Shipping for bulk orders, large potted trees or international orders will require me to obtain an estimate. I do ship international, but during the current COVID-19 pandemic, some countries may not receive shipments. I will leave that investigation up to you and won't take responsibility for rejected or confiscated orders at border points. Please be aware of the rules of your respective state guidelines as well regarding sending and receiving live trees in soil.
   •   Shipping & Handling (Orders of Scions/Seeds Under $50.00) - $10.00
   •   Shipping & Handling (Orders of Scions/Seeds Under $150.00) - $15.00
   •   Shipping & Handling (Orders of Scions/Seeds Under $300.00) - $20.00
   •   Shipping & Handling (Orders of Scions/Seeds Under $500.00) - $25.00
   •   Shipping & Handling (Orders of Scions/Seeds Over $500.00) - $30.00 or Quotation
   •   Shipping & Handling (Orders of Live Trees) - $25.00 Minimum (Prices vary upon dimensions, weight, distance plus state of delivery, and will require an estimate)
   •   Handling Only (You Pay Your Shipping and Email/Fax us a Label to Print) - $6.00

*** All purchase requests are prioritized in the order in which they are received ***

Discount Specials (NEW):  ALL DISCOUNTS STACK
If you order 10 or more of the same scion, you’ll receive $1.00 off each scion (all sizes).
If you order 10 or more unique scions, you'll receive 5% off your scions.
If you order 25 or more total scions, you'll receive 10% off your scions.
If you order 11+ seeds of the same variety, you’ll receive 10% off your seeds.
If you order 26+ seeds of the same variety, you’ll receive 15% off your seeds.
If you order 100+ seeds of any variety combination, you’ll receive an additional 10% off your seeds.

PLACING AN ORDER
I would greatly appreciate if Private Messages in the forum were limited to simple discussions rather than orders, because I have to track them manually here.  Please use one of the following methods below to place an order.

Contact me directly at:
AKME Gardens Email Contact
Sales@akme.co
Or
Facebook Messenger
Adam Karsten Messenger

You may check out our new Internet Pages
AKME Gardens Facebook Page
AKME Gardens Twitter Page
AKME Gardens Instragram Page
AKME Gardens YouTube Channel
AKME Gardens Website

YOUR INFORMATION
When you place an order or ask for a quote, I will need the following information to process your request:

First and Last Name
Address
Email
Phone
Preferred Contact Method:  Email/Messenger/Phone/Text/Other
Username (Optional)
Specify:  Variety  |  Size  |  Quantity
(If you order large scions, please state desired caliper size)

PAYMENT
Most forms of payment are accepted, but we strongly prefer Zelle. If you require an invoice or wish to pay with a credit or debit card, there is a service fee not to exceed 5%.
   •   Zelle Payment – Send to Sales@akme.co with a contact name of “Kristina.”
   •   PayPal Payment – Send to Sales@akme.co as Friend or Family and uncheck the square that asks if it is for a service to avoid an invoice fee.
   •   Venmo Payment – Connect with our profile at:  AKMEGardens
   •   Invoice for Credit/Debit Card – You will receive an invoice and will need to cover the 5% service fee.
   •   Check/Money Order – These items are accepted but must be received prior to processing.

Thank you so much for your patience, business and support.

DONATIONS
If you wish to make a monetary donation to AKME Gardens, 20% will be donated to a charity or ministry, and the remaining 80% will be used directly toward the improvement and sustainability of our fruit orchards. I do not personally keep any donations made toward our cause. All donations can be made via PayPal or Zelle at Sales@akme.co, and you may choose anonymity or receive recognition for your contribution(s) per your request via our social networks.

MINISTRY
Did you know that 10% of every purchase you make is automatically donated to Meekness Ministries? You are helping us to sing and teach the Good News and spread loving connections with elderly and disabled in select Nursing, Retirement and Rehabilitation Facilities in the Southeast.

My goal is to encourage the sustainability of our precious, natural resources by preserving the integrity and desirability of our wonderful orchards through diversifying edible landscapes.

Together, we can protect our plant cultivars, planet, passion, and ultimately our future.

-Adam Karsten

PRIVACY POLICY
The types of information we collect at AKME Gardens helps us to provide quality services and improve your experience when working with us.

Personal information you share on our websites or social media platforms is stored privately and not sold, rented or shared with any other party for any reason without your sole consent. We only utilize information we collect for the purposes of making legitimate hiring decisions for employees and contractors, when establishing new business clientele, or when maintaining operations and services with existing customers. We have no affiliation with any advertisements you may encounter while navigating any of our online platforms.

Any promotional content, emails, text messages, phone calls, electronic negotiations, qualification screenings and other forms of written or verbal communication as a result of information you provided us will only be conducted by representatives of AKME Gardens, and any third party communication taking place otherwise is not provided, requested, endorsed, affiliated or represented by our company.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 08:44:40 PM by Viking Guy »

Kaelix87

• San diego
    • View Profile
Re: Loquat Scions for Sale: Avri, Novak, Vista White, Viking, Peluche
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 09:26:22 AM »
Interested in 2 of your peluche scions. How much would a grafted one cost?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:36:03 AM by Kaelix87 »

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 12:41:08 PM »
I have gotten a large number of responses, but I won't be able to respond to most until this evening due to a very busy day.  Please bear with my hectic schedule. I will respond to everyone accordingly.

On another note, I went by the farm earlier and found people climbing in the trees taking fruits and breaking tips off in the process.

I told them they could have whatever fruit they could reach, but to stop climbing in the trees. Good grief people are desperate right now.

Although, I'm not going to stop them from taking food during a pandemic. Just hate that the branches they broke in the process will be wasted.

BiscayneGardens

• North Miami Beach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 03:09:35 PM »
ok cool hope you got my PM!

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 09:04:49 PM »
I received my scions (4 different variety) and they are in excellent condition.
Nice packaging as well, big  scions.

Thanks.

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 09:20:39 PM »
I received my scions (4 different variety) and they are in excellent condition.
Nice packaging as well, big  scions.

Thanks.

Thanks for the shout out.

I likewise received some from you.  Looks great.  Thanks!

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 09:27:40 PM »
UPDATE:

Folks, I got a chance to visit my other orchards today and check on the other varieties.  I have a lot more already fruiting than I thought.  Going to update the list and make more available--although some will be in limited supply.

In addition, I have a LOT of potted rootstocks in the 4 - 6 foot range available with thick calipers, and as a result, can use them for grafting and creating the cocktails everyone requested.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:11:01 PM by Viking Guy »

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
Updated folks!

Sorry it took so long.  That was a lot of information I had to type out.   ;D

I will start processing everyone's orders tomorrow in the order received.  Not to worry, I have way more than enough to go around.

If any of you wish to add to your orders, please do so by tomorrow.  I will be reaching out to everyone.

I have more pictures to acquire and post as well so everyone can get a visual of new items posted.

Enjoy!

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
Just a heads up, I am going through all current 84 orders one by one, so bear with me as I catch up to them.  =)

Didn't realize the demand, lol.

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
I hope I did not miss anyone.  I have contact everyone that I believe reached out to me.

If I missed you for any reason, please message me and let me know.  Thanks!

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
Vista White vs Peluche vs Sunset

eduardo_98

• USA, Florida, Tampa, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
How does Peluche compare to Big Jim?

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website

Big Jim is a little smaller and more tart.  Holds its ripe state longer.  Although if you cull the clusters, they'll get as large as Peluche.

Peluche is softer and melting--almost spongy.  Can be on the sweet side when picked just right.  Has giant ornamental leaves.  Fruit is speckled.  Very vigorous grower.

Both are worth having for sure.

Puiwiparat9

• Granada Hills ca
    • View Profile
Wow, I only have big Jim at the moment. can't wait to grow some of these jems thanks adam.

Godbless
Wiparat.

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile

Big Jim is a little smaller and more tart.  Holds its ripe state longer.  Although if you cull the clusters, they'll get as large as Peluche.

Peluche is softer and melting--almost spongy.  Can be on the sweet side when picked just right.  Has giant ornamental leaves.  Fruit is speckled.  Very vigorous grower.

Hi! Do you have Tanaka variety? They say it's very sweet... i'm trying to choose between tanaka and big jim... Thank's!

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website

Hi! Do you have Tanaka variety? They say it's very sweet... i'm trying to choose between tanaka and big jim... Thank's!

I don't recall. When I went out there, I went after the ones with mostly ripe fruit hanging.  I may have it, but Tanaka is late.  I'll check again when I collect these recent orders.

It is a good variety to have, but there are better ones.

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile

I don't recall. When I went out there, I went after the ones with mostly ripe fruit hanging.  I may have it, but Tanaka is late.  I'll check again when I collect these recent orders.

It is a good variety to have, but there are better ones.
Ok, thank you very much! Latter i will PM you to hask better.

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
Don't suppose I ever made my hands sore from cutting scions before.

224 orders which have been paid thus far have all been collected today and will be prepped tomorrow.  This ole fella is exhausted.

Thank all of you wonderful folks for your business and for keeping these great varieties growing strong around the world.

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
Update:

We have around half of the orders ready for shipment now.  Some are going out today which are already completed.  Others are going out tomorrow.  The rest will all be sent out on Monday.

I am sorry about putting sales on hold for the past 24 hours and was non responsive,  but I want these orders in everyone's hands as fast as possible--plus track my inventory available so I don't oversell.

Also, I put a lot of care and process into our scions.  They are all trimmed down and carefully washed, parafilm wrapped on cuts, tied to dowels to straighten them if bent, labelled, securely wrapped per variety to avoid confusion, and group wrapped and bubble wrapped to protect during shipment.  Also, a sales receipt is included with every order.

I originally thought maybe 10 folks would want cuttings, but it blew up into something special.

Those waiting for my responses, please have patience with me as I get caught up.

Also, people messaged me through TFF PM, Facebook Messenger, TFF Email, Sales@akme.co email and other methods.  That is a LOT to keep track of, so I'd kindly ask if everyone stick to just the Sales@akme.co email or Facebook Messenger if possible, to reduce the amount of follow up I'm having to recall.  Thanks everyone.

Let's keep our cultivars alive.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:19:47 AM by Viking Guy »

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
Yes! Excellent works Adam! Thanks so much for getting these out there to alot of people and having the foresight to plant out so many good cultivars and do seedling selection.
So if I may ask, what other fruits are you growing that you have put the work in with ,like the Loquat’s?

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
Yes! Excellent works Adam! Thanks so much for getting these out there to alot of people and having the foresight to plant out so many good cultivars and do seedling selection.
So if I may ask, what other fruits are you growing that you have put the work in with ,like the Loquat’s?

Hey there brother.  I grow virtually everything edible.  I'm not set up to do mass scions for all of it since some is just collectible for me, but for many things I am.

I have numerous citrus varieties, figs, persimmons, stonefruits, apples/pears, garcinias, blueberries, etc.

Also have many varieties of gardening fruits like tomatoes, melons, peppers, eggplants, okra, etc.

I also have an abundance of Water Sprite for aquaponics, outdoor still-water environments and aquariums.

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
So, are there and tech savvy growers out there who would be able to point me to a good PoS system online for doing better at tracking orders like these other nurseries are doing with online stores?

I want to be able to post everything, complete with pictures and descriptions and allow people to actually shop and make purchases accordingly.

Tracking all of this via MS Office is rough since their last update and how the software keeps crashing over and over.

It would be nice to just walk up and print an invoice and order and move forward with it without all the middle riffraff.  I feel like I am trying to juggle upside down to meet demand, lol.

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
This dwarf. Semi dwarf and Viking are all the same age.

Crazy the difference in speed at which they germinate and grow.

Puiwiparat9

• Granada Hills ca
    • View Profile
I just received my package. These scions have been cared and packed with love. Probably the best looking loquat scions that I can possibly get.

Wiparat Winitsartsathorn.

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
I just received my package. These scions have been cared and packed with love. Probably the best looking loquat scions that I can possibly get.

Wiparat Winitsartsathorn.

I'm so happy your order arrived and you're happy with the results.  We care for every scion and seed individually, and much love definitely goes in to it.

Dropped off a lot of boxes today which everyone should get by Wed/Thurs.  Hope they're equally as happy.