Author Topic: Passionfruit  (Read 4112 times)

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Passionfruit
« on: August 18, 2018, 11:36:30 PM »
Not sure if theres interest but I have tons of purple passionfruit P. Edulis if anyone wants to buy some.  25$ for a medium flat rate rate box of fruits.  Its 20+ fruits in the box and I am paying 13$ to ship plus a paypal fee.

Saw them at the farmers market for 2$ each today!  Not sure why they are so expensive at the market?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 06:42:41 PM by spaugh »
Brad Spaugh

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
Re: Passionfruit
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 11:44:36 PM »
They look like red rover?

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 12:29:15 AM »
Fredricks, but I have red rover also that will be ripening soon.  The Fredrick vine is absolutely loaded. 

Several people have bought some or asked to buy some.  I will process the requests in order they come in and when I have enough to ship 25 to 30 at a time I will take the order and ship. 

Its going to be later in the week before I have more and then another week or so for the next round.
Brad Spaugh

buddy roo

• Spring Valley, Ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 01:38:11 AM »
Brad do you go to the crfg meetings??  if so i will take some.         Patrick

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 02:06:32 AM »
Sorry Patrick I rarely make it out of Poway.  Otherwise I would just give you some.
Brad Spaugh

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 03:46:22 AM »
Oh cool we are not far, I am in El Cajon. I am curious what else you grow? I am good on passion, I have about 10 varieties. Anything else we could perhaps trade?

eyeckr

• Virginia Beach, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 08:26:52 AM »
pm sent

zephian

• USA, CA, Yuba City Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 10:56:34 AM »
Passion fruit goes for 5-6$ ea up here. And they're older than dirt by the time we get them at the store :(
Hopefully mine blooms again and sets fruit this time. Its put on a good 10-12ft of growth since the last time it bloomed. If you still have some when that lilikoi cutting is ready I may be interested in a couple!
-Kris

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 11:40:37 AM »
5$ for a passionfruit is insanity.

If you want your PF vine to make fruit, feed it some flower/bloom type fertilizer now and you will get some blooms. 
Brad Spaugh

psand

• USA , Texas/ Edinburg Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 10:09:43 PM »
ill take some! PM SENT
Phillip

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 01:07:08 AM »
Ok, looks like theres way more demand than my supply at the moment.  I didnt expect so many people to want these. 

Will take the orders in order.  I have to wait for fruits to change color and fall off.  Once I have enough to ship to you I will.contact for payment and check you still want them.

Brad Spaugh

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 06:44:28 PM »
Ok, I have a long list of people that want these.  I am raising the price slightly due to high demand and limited supply. 

Its 25$ for a medium flat rate box filled with 20+ fruits.

13$ goes to shipping and I pay paypal on top of that.
Brad Spaugh

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 10:19:03 PM »
You are too kind! Thank you for the wonderful box o' maracuya.

I really like the taste. Sweet and musky, some tartness, and only a little sour. At least that's how the first one tastes.

Definitely growing some from seed.

Do you hand pollinate or does it fruit on its' own?

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 12:25:02 AM »
You are welcome.  The bees take care of pollinization. 

This particular vine is super prolific.  Its one year old and we will get around 400+ fruit this year. 

If you want a clone, I can make some. 
Brad Spaugh

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 11:33:16 PM »
Oh cool we are not far, I am in El Cajon. I am curious what else you grow? I am good on passion, I have about 10 varieties. Anything else we could perhaps trade?

I missed this post earlier.  I grow lots of fruit and trees.  Theres plenty of stuff you would be interested in here.  If you want to trade passionfruit cuttings let me know.  Or if you have some that fruit really well I would be interested in buying cuttings.  And trying fruit.  I have 800ft of deer fence begging for more passionfruit. 

Just shoot me a message if you are interested in coming by.  I dont really leave poway much so you would need to come up the hill, its about 20 minutes.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 11:37:00 PM by spaugh »
Brad Spaugh

zephian

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 03:47:54 PM »
Hey Brad, I had 5 or 6 flowers open up today but there's no pollen? Any idea what that's about?
-Kris

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2018, 07:50:44 PM »
Hey Brad, I had 5 or 6 flowers open up today but there's no pollen? Any idea what that's about?

I don't know, I never really look closely at the flowers or mess with the pollen.  The bees are doing it and they are very active on the flowers.  They roll around inside the flowers.  Maybe you need more water or its too hot for proper pollinization at your location.  You may get better results when the vine gets more mature as well.
Brad Spaugh

zephian

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2018, 08:55:23 PM »

I don't know, I never really look closely at the flowers or mess with the pollen.  The bees are doing it and they are very active on the flowers.  They roll around inside the flowers.  Maybe you need more water or its too hot for proper pollinization at your location.  You may get better results when the vine gets more mature as well.
I checked just now and there was pollen? Maybe it wasn't quite open all the way yet. Bees aren't visiting my vine and I just had 7 bloom today...
They prefer my tomatoes and peppers right now..
Hand pollinated 2 yesterday and they closed up, hope these 7 take today.Hopefully the plants mature enough to hold fruit!
-Kris

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2018, 09:37:37 PM »
Nice good luck.  My flowers have been aborting.  I think the plant had too many fruit or it was too hot.  Now that its dropped some fruit it looks like we may get another round of blooms and fruit.
Brad Spaugh

zephian

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2018, 09:51:29 PM »
my high this weekend is around 93 and 50s at nice... such a nice relief from the 110 degree weather. I was just in anaheim two weeks ago and it was still stupid hot.. lol
-Kris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk