Author Topic: Delicious unidentified fruit  (Read 8843 times)

tabbydan

• Washington DC area
    • View Profile
Re: Delicious unidentified fruit
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 07:53:13 AM »
Are you going to have any trouble getting your magnificent collection into Belize?
What's that got to do with Jose Andres $10 brussel sprouts?

red durian

• Malaysia, Sabah, Tawau
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 11:25:52 AM »
Are you going to have any trouble getting your magnificent collection into Belize?
I only had trouble with citrus relatives in the past at the Belize customs.  They were not importable.  My biggest challenge may come from Malaysia.  The officials who give phyto sanitary permits have expressed some disdain that I would want to remove "their"genetic resources and deprive them of future profits.  (These same guys own rubber and oil palm plantations, enjoy their local sour sops, avocadoes and tamarind and are busy 24-7 cutting down all their forest resources)  Annoying. 

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 08:18:28 AM »
I only had trouble with citrus relatives in the past at the Belize customs.  They were not importable.  My biggest challenge may come from Malaysia.  The officials who give phyto sanitary permits have expressed some disdain that I would want to remove "their"genetic resources and deprive them of future profits.  (These same guys own rubber and oil palm plantations, enjoy their local sour sops, avocadoes and tamarind and are busy 24-7 cutting down all their forest resources)  Annoying.
Disdain might be a big understatement. According to friend of mine in Kucing, who happens to be a lawyer, exporting seeds from Malaysia is illegal.
Oscar

red durian

• Malaysia, Sabah, Tawau
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 09:24:47 AM »
Disdain might be a big understatement. According to friend of mine in Kucing, who happens to be a lawyer, exporting seeds from Malaysia is illegal.
That is terrible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk