Author Topic: Mango tourism  (Read 1104 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Mango tourism
« on: July 12, 2020, 10:47:55 AM »
Are there any designations that are tourist friendly and safe, close to or on the other side of the Equator that one can consume mangoes in December or January? Next season I plan on renting a condo in Deerfield Beach and go into full mango gluttony. Some would call that Christmas in July. Hopefully I get to meet Mango Claus :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:50:54 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Re: Mango tourism
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 12:36:02 PM »
Are there any designations that are tourist friendly and safe, close to or on the other side of the Equator that one can consume mangoes in December or January? Next season I plan on renting a condo in Deerfield Beach and go into full mango gluttony. Some would call that Christmas in July. Hopefully I get to meet Mango Claus :)
July might be too late if mangos ripen early again next year.
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 01:23:04 PM »
I was thinking same thing correction late June or very July
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 02:40:16 PM »
Im confused, you say consume mangoes in December or January yet responses talk about June/July.   Are you asking if there are any mangoes at this time or in July?
- Rob

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 03:36:06 PM »
Asking about designations in the Caribbean or south america to travel to in the winter that have mangos that time of year.Then i was stating my plan for next summer

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 06:28:12 AM »
Ecuador and Peru I actually posted this before I went to work and while at work at the ice machine I talk to young fellow who was actually from Ecuador and says it doesn't really cost that much to fly there from Orlando

December is just a hard month for mangoes; volumes are high as Ecuador descends from their peak, while early starts of the Peru season bring in extra fruit volumes; all of this while consumers are worried about sweet potatoes and holidays,” Arias said. Rafael Chiriboga, director of Pilot, SA, one of the two main USA-bound organic producers in Ecuador, said overall growing conditions have been excellent, with slightly cooler temperatures than average. With consistent quality available, Chiriboga said the biggest challenge for Ecuador is the month of December when production remains strong and US market demand declines as the end of the year approaches.

Peru’s mango season is predicted to start early, with Jan Bernhard, grower and founder of Pronatur, anticipating the country’s first mango harvests occurring as early as mid-November with production in full swing by December.

https://www.luxurylatinamerica.com/lux_peru.html
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 08:48:59 AM by bovine421 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk