Author Topic: Gin berry (glycosmis pentaphylla) fresh seeds available  (Read 824 times)

Honza P

• Czech republic, Prague (Zone 6/7a)
    • View Profile
Gin berry (glycosmis pentaphylla) fresh seeds available
« on: July 27, 2020, 02:14:02 AM »
I have fresh seeds of gin berry, fruits were harvested from my tree. They produce a lot of fruits even though they are grown in a pot (I live in zone 6 and I have a good amount of fruits). The flavor is tasty, sweet, aromatic, and spicy.

Price is 3€ per 4 seeds and postage fees are 2 € (or 4,5 with tracking number). I keep them in moist coco coir so the germination rate should be 100 %.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 02:16:38 AM by Honza P »

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Gin berry (glycosmis pentaphylla) fresh seeds available
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 03:19:42 AM »
I have fresh seeds of gin berry, fruits were harvested from my tree. They produce a lot of fruits even though they are grown in a pot (I live in zone 6 and I have a good amount of fruits). The flavor is tasty, sweet, aromatic, and spicy.

Price is 3€ per 4 seeds and postage fees are 2 € (or 4,5 with tracking number). I keep them in moist coco coir so the germination rate should be 100 %.

Hi
do you know the speed of germination of the seeds and the requirements for small seedlings during summer or winter? How long does it takes for the first fruits from planting of the new seedling?
Mike

Honza P

• Czech republic, Prague (Zone 6/7a)
    • View Profile
Re: Gin berry (glycosmis pentaphylla) fresh seeds available
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 03:29:02 AM »
Hello, they usually germinate pretty quickly (after several weeks). Small plants need higher temperature, but older plants should survive even lower temperatures (I'v read that like citrus trees, but I haven't tried it yet). It took 4 years in my conditions to harvest first fruits

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk