Author Topic: Peanut butter fruit help  (Read 606 times)

PitangatubaMoray

• U.S.A, 6A
    • View Profile
Peanut butter fruit help
« on: May 03, 2020, 12:05:23 AM »
Hello, I have received a peanut butter plant(Which I will refer to as "May" for simplicity) on April 7, A few days after,May's leaves began Drooping. I thought she was getting cramped, so I transplanted May to a Six inch (height, as seen in picture) pot. She is continuing to flop (no signs of rot) and it is concerning me.She has lost two leaves. Is there anything I can do, or I am just paranoid? (Planting her outside is NOT an option, as I live in a temperate climate)     

I do have grow lights and have watered her consistently, she has strong roots as well. Any other ideas? 

TonyinCC

• Trying to enjoy home grown fruit 12 months a year
    • Cape Coral,FL
    • View Profile
Re: Peanut butter fruit help
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 09:33:08 AM »
It looks like you have a lot of perlite in that pot based on the drain hole in the picture. Too much perlite can dry out roots very quickly if humidity is low. In a pot that small I would just use topsoil or compost. 
 I bought one a few months ago that was leggy like yours, mine was actually much worse, almost 3 feet tall in a 6 inch pot but had a whippy stem and droopy leaves mostly at the top. I transplanted it outside and it languished a few weeks.  I cut it back about 75%, it was basically just a stem with a few places for it to bud and a few weeks later it bushed out nicely. I would cut yours just about at the halfway point .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk