Author Topic: How close to the water?  (Read 1387 times)

merce3

• west central fl, 9b
    • View Profile
How close to the water?
« on: February 19, 2016, 10:15:47 PM »
I have a lake in my backyard and want to plant a jaboticaba as close to the water as possible. How close to the waterline should i plant it? the water goes up and down depending on how much rain we get and has gotten quite high during summer rain events so there is the chance it could get submerged for at least a week or so if that happens... i am near the anclote river for those of you who saw the flooding in west central fl on the news during summer 2015. anyway, looking for words of advice.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:18:45 PM by merce3 »

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
Re: How close to the water?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 11:44:19 PM »
I have a lake in my backyard and want to plant a jaboticaba as close to the water as possible. How close to the waterline should i plant it? the water goes up and down depending on how much rain we get and has gotten quite high during summer rain events so there is the chance it could get submerged for at least a week or so if that happens... i am near the anclote river for those of you who saw the flooding in west central fl on the news during summer 2015. anyway, looking for words of advice.
the
Hi Merce I think Jabos s love the water, I let the hose open for days on mine with no problem, I remember Adam(flyingfoxfruits) did an experiment letting his plant underwater to get rid of. Some mites,  I think for maybe weeks I don't remember well maybe he can tell us more about. This....
El verde es vida!

merce3

• west central fl, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 09:10:32 AM »
thanks raul. i was thinking as close to the water as possible... let's see what adam recommends

merce3

• west central fl, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 06:50:34 AM »
any recommendations? how far above the waterline should i plant?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk