Author Topic: Just bought my new mango trees! All Thai varieties.  (Read 25236 times)

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Just bought my new mango trees! All Thai varieties.
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2012, 10:25:59 PM »
For those of you who have had trees shipped from other states...I'm assuming it's normal for the leaves to be a little brown at the end?  I'm hoping my trees will perk up soon but I know it takes time.  So far, my three babies are sitting in  what is suppose to be a formal dining room with a large window (indirect sunlight).  I don't have them close to the window but I plan to slowly start moving them towards the light.  How long does it usually take your newly transported trees to perk up?

Why are your trees inside and why are you afraid to move them close to the light?

Nursejolly

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2012, 10:52:23 PM »
Everyone was saying that I should keep them out of the direct sunlight because of the whole transport shock thing. Like give them time to slowly acclimate to California.

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2012, 11:10:19 PM »
Everyone was saying that I should keep them out of the direct sunlight because of the whole transport shock thing. Like give them time to slowly acclimate to California.

Right next to the window should not be a problem. Putting them right outside with no shade and full sun may cause some damage to the leaves but next to a window isn't a problem at all. You could probably try moving them outside tomorrow. Maybe move one outside first and see how it does.

Nursejolly

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2012, 11:45:57 PM »
Ok cool! Thanks for the tip.  So glad everyone is so nice to the rookies! =)

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2012, 04:10:47 AM »
For those of you who have had trees shipped from other states...I'm assuming it's normal for the leaves to be a little brown at the end?  I'm hoping my trees will perk up soon but I know it takes time.  So far, my three babies are sitting in  what is suppose to be a formal dining room with a large window (indirect sunlight).  I don't have them close to the window but I plan to slowly start moving them towards the light.  How long does it usually take your newly transported trees to perk up?

Perk up takes at least as long as they were in that box, so 5 days shipping means at least 5 days or more of recooperation. Ofcourse that's not going to make your brown leaves turn green.  ;) Full recovery (new green leaf flushes) could take a month.
Oscar

Ant21

• Carson, Ca.90745 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2012, 04:37:45 AM »
Nursejolly, nice pick up just what everybody is saying filtered sunlight for a week then you can take it out in full sun.Good Luck

mangologist

• Capt Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2015, 10:35:20 PM »
Hi Nurse Jolly,  I'm curious as to how your mango trees are doing some 3 years later?   I read many of the posts following your request for assistance.  Many had very good advice and guidance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk