Author Topic: WTB: Cupuacu (Theobroma Grandiflorum) and Cupui (Theobroma Subincanum) Seeds  (Read 1255 times)

Budtropicals

• Largest collection in the smallest yard!
    • South Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
As the title states I am looking to buy some Cupuacu and Cupui seeds. Preferably pre germinated, but anything will do.

Elopez2027@aol.com

• USA, New York City
    • View Profile
Check fruit lovers.com

Budtropicals

• South Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Check fruit lovers.com

Cupuacu is out of stock and they don't have Cupui.

Budtropicals

• South Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
I also looked on guaycuyacu.com but they don't seem to sell anymore, so if anyone has any or knows a place, please inform me, thanks.

TomekK

• In search of Theobromas
    • Vienna, Virginia Zone 7a
    • View Profile
Guaycuyacu doesn’t send fresh seeds like theobroma anymore, as the Ecuador government has been seizing his seeds. Fruit lovers has cupuacu seeds from time to time. Columbo973 on this forum has both cupuacu and cupui most years, but don’t know if he has cupui this year. Was going to order cupui from him this year, but after another shipment of theobroma seeds took too long to arrive and the seeds died due to the virus, I didn’t. I think the foreign mail system is quickly coming back, but make sure it’s doesn’t take too long. Also try Ertdude also on this forum, he may have these. He told me he was buying a property with the most different theobroma species in Puerto Rico. Many other people in Puerto Rico may have cupuacu, don’t know about cupui. Good luck!

Tomek

Budtropicals

• South Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Guaycuyacu doesn’t send fresh seeds like theobroma anymore, as the Ecuador government has been seizing his seeds. Fruit lovers has cupuacu seeds from time to time. Columbo973 on this forum has both cupuacu and cupui most years, but don’t know if he has cupui this year. Was going to order cupui from him this year, but after another shipment of theobroma seeds took too long to arrive and the seeds died due to the virus, I didn’t. I think the foreign mail system is quickly coming back, but make sure it’s doesn’t take too long. Also try Ertdude also on this forum, he may have these. He told me he was buying a property with the most different theobroma species in Puerto Rico. Many other people in Puerto Rico may have cupuacu, don’t know about cupui. Good luck!

Tomek

Thank you, I will try these other sellers, and hopefully I will be in luck.  (Why is cupuacu so hard to get a hold of? Can't find plants anywhere, until now good seeds were nowhere, even with access to this forum it's hard. All I want to do is grow some rare theobromas in south Florida.. )

TomekK

• View Profile
Cupuacu shouldn’t be too difficult, it’s the cupui that may take some time to find. Good luck growing them in Florida. If you are looking for plants, try some of the “botanical growers” online stores, like kens nursery or urban tropicals, they had some theobromas last year, cannot remember if cupuacu. They’re “reopening soon.” Some people on eBay/Etsy like 9waters (who is in Puerto Rico I believe) may have cupuacu.

Tomek

TomekK

• View Profile
Also Ertdude might have some plants, not just seeds.

Tomek

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
I agree, having a hard time finding theobromas.

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
Wish i could help but i only got Theobroma bicolor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk