Author Topic: Plants drying out from warm dry wind  (Read 555 times)

beachybryan18

• Haiti, Sud, Fond-Des-Blanc 13A
    • View Profile
Plants drying out from warm dry wind
« on: February 16, 2020, 08:38:35 AM »
I’m wondering what some tricks are that some of you guys have figured out for plants drying out and loosing leaves. Especially young grafted trees a that seem to be more fragile and sensitive to wind or hot dry air. I’ve noticed ultra tropical plants such as Langsat, bulala, pulasan, and even some young grafted Jaboticabas are struggling with my hot semi arid climate of dry windy winter here in Haiti. The last few weeks “month to 1.5 months” it’s been 80-85 highs and no rain, usually relative humidity is around 60-70% during the hottest part of the day which is low for us. The trees seem to not be liking it and a few if the leaves seem to be drying up and some are loosing leaves. What would be the best thing for me to do? Is a plastic greenhouse a most for some of these young trees?

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
Re: Plants drying out from warm dry wind
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 08:46:31 AM »
That temperature and humidity is not extreme for them but hard wind is...try to keep them out of the wind and spray water on them.

We also have wind now, not extreme but more as usual...and no rain for months, 35 celcius is normal. They will come back.

I'm trying to get a potted rambutan to bloom, didn't water it for 2 months and no rain...it started to drop many leaves so i watered it again and now it grows again, no flowers though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk