Author Topic: Myrciaria/Plinia Guaquiea  (Read 1072 times)

Stevo

• Australia Far North Queensland Cairns 12a
    • View Profile
Myrciaria/Plinia Guaquiea
« on: May 07, 2018, 03:42:14 AM »

Does anybody have any photos of Guaquiea fruit and know what they taste like thank you ?

Mango Stein

• Zone 7a
    • Schengen frontier
    • View Profile
Re: Myrciaria/Plinia Guaquiea
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 04:54:14 AM »
Stevo, you really should have picked the username Steve T, and piggyback on the reputation of your co-germinal. You would command much more respect from these heathens.

Guaquica is rated very positively on this forum.
For instance, dreamfrutas wrote: "Myrciaria guaquiea, is one of the rarest of all fruits from the Atlantic Rain Forest. Until a few years ago the Guaquica was known only for old references, not even a picture of this species existed. It was mentioned as growing in the seashore of Rio de Janeiro state, in an area with big real state pressure and speculation, so the danger of extinction was really big. Initially we located only one tree, and over the last years I was able to locate a very few more.  The fruit is not only extremely rare, it is also delicious, sweet and fresh, with a complex flavor not plain at all."
Alexandre Neles wrote: "The fruit has a transparent pulp, like glazoviana Myrciaria, however has greater amount of pulp and very sweet. When you bite into the fruit it explodes in your mouth. Guaquica is better, save more pleasant, and does not have what I hate about glazoviana, forget and bite the peel is almost equal drinking perfume, bad taste. On the appearance of the trees, just clean the area with a hoe, fertilizer with manure, coffee straw, that photo to see some of my coffee trees, 2 x 150 g for years, NPK 05.20.20, without irrigation because I have 1490 mm of rainfall a year. In this way the plants grow more naturally, soon intend to take NPK, I will use only organic fertilizer.
Alexandre's tree can be seen here: http://postimg.cc/image/ntrf0rb3v/
E-Jardim has a photo of fruit: http://e-jardim.com/produto_completo.asp?IDProduto=303
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 04:56:10 AM by Mango Stein »
Eugenia luschnathiana = CURUIRI.    Talisia esculenta = PITOMBA
I do not recommend people deal with Fruit Lovers, Prisca Mariya or Fernando Malpartida

Stevo

• Australia Far North Queensland Cairns 12a
    • View Profile
Re: Myrciaria/Plinia Guaquiea
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 05:05:58 AM »
Thanks for the advice and information Mango Stein much appreciated

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk