Author Topic: Fruitliberty: Shipping limited; Pataxte, Cupuassu, Chupa, Peanut Butter Fruit  (Read 3099 times)

Zoli and Nimfa

• Costa Rica
    • View Profile
    • FruitLiberty
Shipping is allowed for the following locations (alphabetical order):
Brazil, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Puerto Rico, South Korea, UK, USA

Quick update: I can source fresh Peanut Butter Fruit seeds, and also Mamey Sapote seeds

Pataxte Theobroma bicolor

5 seeds for 15 USD
Our favorite Theobroma: the Jaguar Cacao, Mocambo or Pataxte. It is also called White Cacao or White Chocolate tree as the seeds are white. After spending almost a year in Southeast Asia hunting the best fruits, we can tell you that this wild Cacao fruit feels like the American sister of Durian. Its soft and creamy, it has a custardy feeling to it. It is also juicy and fruity like a honeydew melon, sweet and filling. The seeds are edible, good roasted and perfect material for special chocolates.
This variety is smaller: 1-1.5 kg, the pulp is more sweet and tasty than the bigger ones.

Cupuassu Theobroma grandiflorum

5 seeds for 15 USD
Possibly the most famous and most liked wild Cacao. The fluffy flesh of the pods are sweet when you put them in your mouth and as you get closer to the seeds they become sour and very intense with a distinct taste I cannot compare to anything else. We love to put them in smoothie with Coconut water and Sugarcane juice, the ultimate refreshment that’s also filling, satisfying and super nutritious. In Brazil the native people highly valued this fruit. The juice of the pulp was a traditional drink for pregnant and breastfeeding women.

Colombian Sapote, Zapote Matisia cordata (syn. Quararibea cordata)
5 seeds for 12 USD
Our favorite American fruit: sweet, juicy and satisfying. It is a juicy honey-pumpkin mix with a smooth feeling in the mouth like a milkshake. The flesh and fibers remind to mango while the taste is sweet with no tart tones. When in season we eat this fruit as a whole meal, about 5-8 fruits per person. The fruits usually weigh 3-500g.

Borojo Alibertia patinoi

10 seeds for 5 USD
50 seeds for 20 USD
100 seeds for 35 USD
Borojo is a fairly large brown fruit with a pulp that is very thick and creamy and takes out 90-95% of the weight of fruit. The rest is the small seeds in the middle and a thin skin.
The pulp is spicy and tart with a slight sweetness. The taste reminded me mostly to quince jelly, in a more tart version. It also reminds to apple somewhat, and has a peppery spiciness. The most common way to consume is in smoothies and juices.
It is considered a superfood with aphrodisiac properties by both the indigenous and foreigner.

Both male and female plants are required for successful fruiting.

Salak Salacca zalacca

5 seeds for 10 USD

Fijian Longan, Fijian Longan Pometia pinnata
5 seeds for 10 USD
Under the hard green skin you will find a sweet rubbery, somewhat juicy thick flesh around a single seed. The taste has a slight funkiness reminding us to durian.

Soncoya, Luscious Annona purpurea

5 seeds for 12 USD
50 seeds for 100 USD
Soncoya
This is the annona that tries really hard to look like a durian and does a pretty decent job at it. Under the rigid exterior is a vivid bright orange pulp that smells spicy, sweet and pungent. The instant impression when you put it in your mouth is sweet soursop with orange marmalade, it could also be described as sweet orange yoghurt. It has a hint of canistel and the overall impression is something that we could describe as a very "tropical" taste. The fruit, when ripe has gentle tartness and intense sweetness. If you know soursop, expect something that is less juicy, less fibrous and more pulpy, with a much more exciting taste.

Rollinia, Biriba Annona mucosa (syn. Rollinia deliciosa)

8 seeds for 12 USD
One of our favorite dessert fruits here in Borneo is Rollinia. They have dream-like creamy melting consistency with sweet and lemony-tropical taste.

Order in our iOS app: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fruitliberty/id1282323268?ls=1
Order Online:
http://www.fruitliberty.com/neworder

Available Seeds:
www.fruitliberty.com/availableseeds
Instagram: fruitliberty

We clean the recalcitrant seeds well and soak them in Hydrogen Peroxide for 30 minutes. We pack them in plastic bag with moist Hydrogen Peroxide soaked polystirol to keep them from drying out and protect from physical damage.

We take good care of the seeds: find, collect, clean, pack and send them. If you have special wish on how to pack your seeds, let us know. In case your country has special custom regulations, it is your responsibility to know about that. We are not responsible for confiscated or lost seeds.
If you have a quality complaint please always provide us a photo of the package and seeds as received so we can learn and improve our methods.

Zoli
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 10:06:17 PM by Zoli and Nimfa »

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
Zoli is a great seller. I have had good germination with my multiple purchases from him. Nice sterile packaging and he is a knowledgeable collector and I have been lucky enough to hang out with him a few times searching, collecting and eating different places.

Just wanted to give him a bump.
-Josh

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
Check your pm

Zoli and Nimfa

• Costa Rica
    • View Profile
    • FruitLiberty
new seeds, shipping next Thursday

prive013

• Homestead, FL
    • View Profile
Pm sent.

Satha

• Sri Lanka
    • View Profile
PM sent. Our  airport is open and postal service is norml. I am from Sri Lanka.

Rgds

Jchin

• SoFl
    • View Profile
PM sent. Thanks!

Zoli and Nimfa

• Costa Rica
    • View Profile
    • FruitLiberty
I have been away for a while and I noticed the change in design (engine) on the forum.
since then my old method of linking directly to my website to show images doesn't work when I try to post. - i can live with that if there is no solution
On the other hand I don't receive email notifications anymore, neither for the topic, nor for the private messages.
Can anyone guide me how to resolve this?

P.S. Tomorrow I will have the time to get back to all of you who PM-d me, sorry for the delay.
P.S.2. Quick update: I can source fresh Peanut Butter Fruit seeds, and also Mamey Sapote seeds
Zoli
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 10:06:44 PM by Zoli and Nimfa »

Itay Menashe

• Israel, Raanana
    • View Profile
Any chance you ship to Israel by now?

Satha

• Sri Lanka
    • View Profile
You did not reply any

DejAS

• USA,Ca,SD,zone 10
    • View Profile
PM Sent

carito

• Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
Hi!

I want to buy both T. Bicolor and T. Grandiflora (Cupuaçu) from you

Cerakat

• Guam
    • View Profile
Received my seeds from Zoli faster than I expected!  Seeds were already popping out roots and seem very healthy with no mold on it.  They were very well packed! ;D

Thanks!
Claire

Zoli and Nimfa

• Costa Rica
    • View Profile
    • FruitLiberty
I can’t edit the original post so l’d like to let you know in this reply:
I am not sending seeds now due to the post office requiring me to give more and more personal data when shipping.
They want me to declare the content and the valid address, email, phone, name, and id numbers for sender and receiver to be able to ship.
Since I am not supporting this kind of data collection and scrunity regarding the content of my packages I suspend shipping for seeds until…
…well the world becomes a better place I guess.
Z

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
Not sure if they offer it In Costa Rica but if they do, you could get a PO Box (so you don’t have to use your real address), and a burner phone that is untraceable.
Nate