Author Topic: Quararibea cordata HUGE  (Read 4630 times)

Dada

• Ecuador
    • View Profile
Quararibea cordata HUGE
« on: April 09, 2016, 03:26:18 PM »
Anyone interested in this huge variety of Chupa Chupa. I have  few seeds.
Please send me a PM.

Here another Chupa chupa melon like.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 09:15:17 AM by Dada »

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
Re: Quararibea cordata HUGE
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 03:31:55 PM »
Can you give us approximate size (or do you have a picture with something to give scale)? Can you comment on flavor?

Thanks,
John

Dada

• Ecuador
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 05:21:37 PM »
Think of it as a Coconut. Approximately 1 foot some 1 and a 1/4 foot long and  1/2 -3/4 foot wide.
The tree is very productive and the flavor is nice and sweet. Only thing is that I found it varies a bit. Some bits are sweeter than others. I guess this could be due to lack of proper cultivation of the tree in the wild, basically lacking certain nutrients.

posci35

• Malayu Peninsular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 11:28:52 AM »
Hi Dada, I pm to you, are you received?

posci35

• Malayu Peninsular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 04:40:31 AM »
Hi Dada , do you still have some fresh chupa chupa seeds?

Dada

• Ecuador
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 09:19:34 AM »
yes!

geosulcata

• SW FL
    • View Profile
    • Sulcata Grove
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 11:56:47 AM »
I have many customers who have received and who are happy. There is no guarantee whatsoever and I am not responsible if seeds do not arrive in good condition. Especially Duguetia seeds are viable only short time. However I am willing to send you seeds again!

I did not order Duguetia seeds. The chupa chupa seeds were completely rotten and covered in mold.

buddyguygreen

• Keeper of Earth
  • Zone Creator
    • Citrus Ridge, FL,
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge of the Masters
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 04:39:58 PM »
I have many customers who have received and who are happy. There is no guarantee whatsoever and I am not responsible if seeds do not arrive in good condition. Especially Duguetia seeds are viable only short time. However I am willing to send you seeds again!

I did not order Duguetia seeds. The chupa chupa seeds were completely rotten and covered in mold.
You should keep this in personal messages, It might give people the wrong impression. Dada is a great seller and his seeds are always in great condition, you have to know that when you order certain seeds you take the chances of them rotting, If your going to order highly perishable seeds you have to make sure to get the fastest shipping, otherwise they will rot in the few weeks in the mail. In the future make sure when your ordering seeds from anywhere international that the seeds will at least last a month or 2 just in case it takes longer to arrive, unless you want to risk it.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 05:17:27 PM »
There is considerable variation in the size of fruit here. A search might reveal the pictures of big fruit I posted a couple of years ago that I think were around 2kg.The seeds are hard to send due to problems cleaning them and a short life.They are very prone to mould.

geosulcata

• SW FL
    • View Profile
    • Sulcata Grove
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »
You should keep this in personal messages, It might give people the wrong impression. Dada is a great seller and his seeds are always in great condition, you have to know that when you order certain seeds you take the chances of them rotting, If your going to order highly perishable seeds you have to make sure to get the fastest shipping, otherwise they will rot in the few weeks in the mail. In the future make sure when your ordering seeds from anywhere international that the seeds will at least last a month or 2 just in case it takes longer to arrive, unless you want to risk it.
Because I am not the only person who has had a problem with transactions with this seller, I feel it is important to share on the forum. I received no response to my emails to Dada until I responded to one of his new sale posts.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:27:03 PM by geosulcata »

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 12:09:44 AM »
There is considerable variation in the size of fruit here. A search might reveal the pictures of big fruit I posted a couple of years ago that I think were around 2kg.The seeds are hard to send due to problems cleaning them and a short life.They are very prone to mould.

Mike, so nice to see you back!:) I thought we lost you:)

There seems to be variations because everyone says the fruit has mostly pumpkin flavor with mango flavor mix in often mentioned . The seeds I was selling about 6 months ago had no pumpkin flavor whatsoever. It was equal part mix of mango, papaya, and cantaloupe. Pure tropical fruit punch. Therefore, I believe it was very special strain. If anyone in S FL. have extra seedling from me could you please give or sell to "geosulcata". He/she is very passionate about this fruit and messaged me too late when I was out of seeds.  I know there must be extra seedling because all of my seeds sprouted.

Next month I'm going back to the same place in Peruvian Amazon. Hopefully I will bring back the same strain. Not big size but quality is what matters.

geosulcata

• SW FL
    • View Profile
    • Sulcata Grove
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 10:29:55 AM »
If anyone in S FL. have extra seedling from me could you please give or sell to "geosulcata". He/she is very passionate about this fruit and messaged me too late when I was out of seeds.  I know there must be extra seedling because all of my seeds sprouted.

Next month I'm going back to the same place in Peruvian Amazon. Hopefully I will bring back the same strain. Not big size but quality is what matters.

Thank you! I will gladly pay for a seedling and pick up from anyone living in FL. Am willing to trade as well.

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 11:35:59 AM »
If anyone in S FL. have extra seedling from me could you please give or sell to "geosulcata". He/she is very passionate about this fruit and messaged me too late when I was out of seeds.  I know there must be extra seedling because all of my seeds sprouted.

Thank you! I will gladly pay for a seedling and pick up from anyone living in FL. Am willing to trade as well.

try contacting Oscar.

However, According to the "Internet"  ::)  best Quararibea cordata fruit comes from Costa Rica.
Moh'd

chicomoralessxm

• Caribbean St. maarten zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 04:12:44 PM »

Mike, so nice to see you back!:) I thought we lost you:)

There seems to be variations because everyone says the fruit has mostly pumpkin flavor with mango flavor mix in often mentioned . The seeds I was selling about 6 months ago had no pumpkin flavor whatsoever. It was equal part mix of mango, papaya, and cantaloupe. Pure tropical fruit punch. Therefore, I believe it was very special strain. If anyone in S FL. have extra seedling from me could you please give or sell to "geosulcata". He/she is very passionate about this fruit and messaged me too late when I was out of seeds.  I know there must be extra seedling because all of my seeds sprouted.

Let me know if you get any seeds would gladly buy some from you as well, if anyone has a seedling to two to sell let me know.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2016, 05:09:49 PM »
The ones around here are nearly all high quality and good tasting ones as they were from top selections made in the 70x by government and private collectors.The variety names and collection sites seem to have been lost now but the best of the perhaps 6 selections came from Colombia.
Yes I am back

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2016, 09:01:36 PM »
The ones around here are nearly all high quality and good tasting ones as they were from top selections made in the 70x by government and private collectors.The variety names and collection sites seem to have been lost now but the best of the perhaps 6 selections came from Colombia.
Yes I am back
Where'd you go?  ???
Oscar

chicomoralessxm

• Caribbean St. maarten zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 03:47:56 PM »
Yes I am back

Mike you have seeds for sale?

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 05:18:35 AM »
chico I never sell anything and the season has finished. The season for many of my target fruit was poor due the failed rainy season and that included the big matisia which I missed out on.
Oscar I went a few local places, saw quite a few pomologically interesting things but mostly just went off the grid and pursued other things for while.