Author Topic: Willughbeia sp ? banana  (Read 4074 times)

Sumatraexotics

• Indonesia, Sumatra
    • View Profile
Willughbeia sp ? banana
« on: February 04, 2015, 12:50:28 PM »

Vines plant, the fruit and tree very similar to Willughbeia,  but this taste really like banana, cream color flesh, sweet with little sour. I will say it s mix juice of 80 % banana and 20% soursop. Very nice if it is Willughbeia sp, :)
Email: tks4ady@gmail.com
FB: sumatraexotics@gmail.com
LINE:

Be careful use facebook, they deleted my previous accout sumatraexotics@yahoo.com, because I refuse to give them pic of my government ID card.

BMc

• Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Willughbeia sp ? banana
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 07:56:36 PM »
Do you have a picture of the seeds? That might help ID them to at least a family level. They look annonaceous, and the taste description is in line with that...

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 08:25:56 PM »

Vines plant, the fruit and tree very similar to Willughbeia,  but this taste really like banana, cream color flesh, sweet with little sour. I will say it s mix juice of 80 % banana and 20% soursop. Very nice if it is Willughbeia sp, :)
Very interesting, can you show me the plant leaves? If Willughbeia or a kissing cousin I be interest in buying some seeds to add to me ever expanding Apocynaceae ( saba landophia & willighbeia ) breeding collection!😀
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:40:47 PM by Coconut »
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

Bob407

• Isla de Bieke, PR 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 10:30:33 PM »
Those look nice
Life is good

Sumatraexotics

• Indonesia, Sumatra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 03:12:11 AM »

Seeds can't b separated from flesh
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:14:52 AM by Sumatraexotics »
LINE:

Be careful use facebook, they deleted my previous accout sumatraexotics@yahoo.com, because I refuse to give them pic of my government ID card.

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 03:35:59 AM »
Fruit resembles asimina triloba fruit, but in tropics?

BMc

• Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 03:49:30 AM »
Is it on a big vine?
There are lots of jungle Annona and this clustering nature, seed and arrangement of seed all look like annona. It's great to hear you've found a tasty one, as many vining Annona are okay, but not great.

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 04:04:58 AM »
I would like to buy some seeds if possible.

Radoslav

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 05:44:39 AM »
Some wild Uvarias and Melodorums I have seen look a bit like that but I haven't tried them.

Sumatraexotics

• Indonesia, Sumatra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 08:34:38 AM »
Hi, Mike, BMC, I think you are right, this is annonaceae, today I back to take the leave, it s not tree, but vines, with the leave very similar to annonaceae. I m collecting annonaceae edible fruit species too, esp annona sp, and duguetia sp (also ever buy Annona conica, hayesii, spraguei and annona edulis, from rarepalm with no luck).

This is the pic of leaves:
LINE:

Sumatraexotics

• Indonesia, Sumatra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 08:35:39 AM »
LINE:

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 09:39:59 AM »
Hi, Mike, BMC, I think you are right, this is annonaceae, today I back to take the leave, it s not tree, but vines, with the leave very similar to annonaceae. I m collecting annonaceae edible fruit species too, esp annona sp, and duguetia sp (also ever buy Annona conica, hayesii, spraguei and annona edulis, from rarepalm with no luck).

This is the pic of leaves:

You mean no luck with sprouting the seeds from Rarepalmseeds.  I had no problem with them been buying from them for years. Buy them fresh when first come in, like every seed peddlers here I have bought from the later they are, these recalcitrants run out the clock! One of these day I should write my secret to germinating rare seeds without using modern chemical like gibberellin.  Italian shit Meatball invented by Mothernature not Italian!💩 I seem to now recall this species many years ago during jungle warfare training, the Native OTC didnot find the fruits appealing and I thought our  wild Choctaw pawpaw in the States were more appealing.  This is the first time anyone had said anything tasty about this fruit in my knowledge.  Congratulation on discovering a tasty variety. Vine annona, leaves look  kind of like my annona schlerderma. You are the epicenter of these germplasm bank; Perhaps you should select & breed a superior selection for espalier cultivation like what I am trying to attemp for Apocynaceae!  How does this vine grow, climb up a tree high canopy & strangle its host like stranling fig & some liana or it is more of a bramble like bougainvillea suitable for fencing?🌿
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

Bob407

• Isla de Bieke, PR 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 11:31:32 AM »
Fruit resembles asimina triloba fruit, but in tropics?

Exactly! Seeds in a row like triloba and the leaves look like guanabana! I want this!!
Life is good

Sumatraexotics

• Indonesia, Sumatra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 01:06:58 PM »
Hi coconut, yes, I thinkmto buy again conica and edulis new fresh seeds. :) do you grow them? I buy annona senegalendis from SA, many seeds sprouting and climbing too.
Yes they are climbing like Liana, I think it s kind of Willughbeia at first.
Pls tell me more about apocynaceae? And it s possible to hybrid with Willughbeia relative from other continent?   I m trying to search jetak arang (white flesh dark brown to black seed), hope I m lucky.
what scientific name for this annonaceae? Is this new species?
LINE:

Sumatraexotics

• Indonesia, Sumatra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 01:18:33 PM »
I read http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asiminattp://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asimina, Asimina genus seems to be a subtropical plant and a small tree or shrubs.
This Liana is in what genus?
LINE:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk