Author Topic: Whats up with my pickering mango  (Read 2024 times)

buddyguygreen

• Keeper of Earth
  • Zone Creator
    • Citrus Ridge, FL,
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge of the Masters
Whats up with my pickering mango
« on: November 26, 2016, 12:44:06 AM »
Curious what's going on, it looked fine until a month ago when leaves started falling off the top branches and some burning and yellowing showed but Most the leaves look great. Haven't done anything different so figured i would seek help. Just watered it with micros, kelp, humic acids and yucca extract so it would help the nutrients absorb better.

Also the tree is growing mostly to one side which was facing the sun, how should i balance it out with trimming or will it balance out on its own.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 12:59:30 AM by buddyguygreen »

Jani

• Miramar, FL
    • View Profile
Re: Whats up with my pickering mango
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 02:53:35 PM »
hmm..why not just turn the pot or put it in the sun?

more qualified opinions than mine will be along to weigh in ..but to me looks like it could be a few things going on...lack of sunlight or some nutrient deficiency could be causing the chloritic look..so maybe a new location and some foliar spray would help? also look like you may have had some fungal problems on new growth and they matured with the defects ...for trees that you know have this issue, try spraying with a copper fungicide on new growth ....works for me well.

lastly maybe your tree may just be dropping some older leaves ..it can happen going into this time of year ...and from my experience in my yard..can be more profound in potted plants ...

maybe the best thing is to get that guy in the ground next spring, if it's feasible for you to do so... your location should be able to support it with some protection when needed.
always longing for a JA Julie

buddyguygreen

• Keeper of Earth
  • Zone Creator
    • Citrus Ridge, FL,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 08:19:23 PM »
Thank you, I did turn the pot a few months ago but its still growing to one side. I will be planting it next year in a nice sunny area, Don't need to protect mango trees in my area.

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 10:56:14 AM »
First picture looks like damage from pests, such as thrips or mites.

Third picture is probably of old Powdery Mildew damage, but could be deficiency of Potassium, or a salt burn.
Har

buddyguygreen

• Keeper of Earth
  • Zone Creator
    • Citrus Ridge, FL,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 07:05:50 PM »
Thank you Har.

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 08:31:15 AM »
Just watered it with micros, kelp, humic acids and yucca extract so it would help the nutrients absorb better.

And just what nutrients would that be?  Looks like a micros deficiency to me, first pix at least.

If it's growing off to the side, bending, it's either due to light intensity issue one side vs the other or you got root rot and it can't support itself.