Author Topic: Leaves on Lisbon Lemon Tree  (Read 670 times)

Josh16

• Australia, Melbourne
    • View Profile
Leaves on Lisbon Lemon Tree
« on: September 06, 2020, 01:44:41 AM »
Hi Everyone,

About a month ago I started to notice that one of my Lemon trees (Lisbon) leaves at the canopy look either burnt/dead (photos below).

I have 6 Citrus in total 2x Orange, 2x Lime & 2x Lemon and it only seems to be happening on this tree.

The trees were purchased from a nursery in Feb 2020. They have been put into pots that are 4 times the size to what they came in and I water them every 1-2 weeks. We have just come out of winter and entered Spring in Melbourne. We did have a few mornings of frost which I know citrus don't like.

I have been using Seasol Seaweed solution on all trees from Feb to April and then started again last month.

The trees will be put into the ground early next year at our new house (hence why they're in pots now).

Hopefully someone knows what is happening.

Thank you in advance.
Josh

Citradia

• USA/NC/Old Fort/6B
    • View Profile
Re: Leaves on Lisbon Lemon Tree
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 08:26:36 AM »
I’m guessing frost and/or insect damage since leaves looking wilted and are tender new growth that can’t withstand freezing. But also looks like chunks of leaf are missing as if chewed by large insect.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 08:41:54 AM »
Pull out the citrus leaf chart for nutrients as it seems like a few things are going on there and bunching foliage as well which can be nutrient related. I have katydids, hoppers, caterpillars and phasmids terrorising my citrus and they don't respond that way.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 10:54:12 AM »
I don't think there's anything unique about Lisbon variety that would cause this, I agree it must be something environmental.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 01:40:22 PM »
Tree looks to have, or had, insect problems, but also the leaves certainly are not the dark green that a well nourished citrus tree should be.  Being fed with only seaweed solution is not a fertilizer regimen that I would give a citrus tree.  Citrus require a fertilizer higher in nitrogen and potassium, with a lower level of phosphorous, plus the micro nutrients.