Author Topic: New to Jabos, best cultural practices for trees?  (Read 1254 times)

rcantor

• KC, MO
    • View Profile
New to Jabos, best cultural practices for trees?
« on: February 07, 2017, 12:12:40 AM »
I've ordered some jaboticabas and I'd really like to avoid killing these plants.  🙂  Has anyone written anything on Jabo care?  I guess they like lots of water.  Do their roots need air as well or do you use a heavy soil?  How deep do you plant the tree?  Which espoma or other fertilizer do you use?  How much of that, how much chelated Fe?  How much triple super phosphate do people use?  Is there an upper limit on salt PPM?  Can they take tap water?  Would pine bark be a good growing medium? (pH around 4.5)  Any compost or only vegetable compost?  How many hours sun per day or should they only be in light shade or what?  What temps are best in summer, and what temps are best in winter?  Do they need an insect or other pollinator (me?) to set fruit? Anything else I need to know?
Also, Should I up pot 1 gal plants to 7 gal right away or is it better to let it grow into a smaller pot first?

Thanks!

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
Re: New to Jabos, best cultural practices for trees?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 11:45:13 AM »
The answers to all of these questions and more can be found within... This has been discussed quite a bit.
Do a forum search or look at the Jabo anonymous thread for awhile....

rcantor

• KC, MO
    • View Profile
Re: New to Jabos, best cultural practices for trees?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 03:30:20 PM »
Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk