Author Topic: Banana upside-down Cake  (Read 2262 times)

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
Banana upside-down Cake
« on: March 16, 2012, 02:25:54 PM »
Hi :),

Ingredients:                                         oz         pounds   cups
200g of margarine  (room temp.)           7.055    0.441                           
200gr of white sugar                             7.055    0.441
100ml Milk (r. temp)                                                      0.882                                           
4 Eggs (r.temp.)
250gr of sifted All-purpose Flour            8.818    0.551
1 cup of sugar for the Caramel
500gr ripe Banana's diced or halves        17.64    1.102.
cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
2 teaspoon of Baking powder

Round Cake Tin- 25cm(9.8 in) in diameter and 6cm(2.4in) deep. Should be Ideal!!!

1. Preheat the oven to 180ºc(350ºf)
2.Make the Caramel (take the utmost care when doing the caramel and when you are coating the cake tin)!!!!!
   1 cup of white sugar, add the sugar to the pan on high heat! let the sugar disolve. then mix it continuously till you get a dark amber colour or a reddish-brown colour!!! NOT Black!!!! add the caramel to the tin and coat it evenly!!! (use oven gloves to protect your hands!!!!) then when the caramel cools down, rub the caramel with some butter before you add the diced bananas and the cake mix!
3.Separate the egg yolk from the egg whites in separate dishes!
4. Sift the Dry Ingredients(flour,Baking powder and salt)

5. Beat the Margarine until soft and creamy(about 1-2min) Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy(3-5min), add the egg yolks one at a time, Beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.

6.put the mixer on low speed, add the milk and mix it well. Then add the sifted dry ingredients(flour,Baking powder and salt) gradually and mix well all the Ingredients!!!!!

7. beat the egg whites till you get a stiff peak stage!, Add the beaten egg whites to the cake mixture, then fold GENTLY!!!( Beaten eat whites will help the cake rise and make it fluffy)

8. Before adding the cake mixture to the tin. you must add the diced bananas evenly to the tin! then dust the bananas with cinnamon!

9.Bake the cake for 30-35min! Insert the bamboo skewer or tooth pick in the middle of the cake! If it comes out clean... The Cake is Ready ;D ;D ;D

cool the cake with the tin for 10-20min( for the sauce to form) then put a large plate on top of the tin, then flip the tin on to the plate FAST!
Then lightly tap on the sides and on top of the tip! I won't tell you want happens next!!! You will have to find out by your self ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ladies and Gent's, I hope you guy's luv my Family recipe!  ;D ;D ;D it look me over 2 hour to translate it!!!

BTW, You can substitute the Banana with Pineapples, Blueberries, Apples(cooking var.),... NO canned fruit's PLEASE >:( ''FRESH IS BEST''

Next time I make it, I will post a pic!!! But, not any time soon, I'm on a DIET :( :( :( :( :( So, If anybody tries my recipe, PLEASE post a pic I want to see the master piece ;D ;D ;D

Feel free to ask any questions!

Regards
Steven Silva   

Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of your life!