Author Topic: Going to Southern California for plants: Davidsonia, Pouteria, Plinia, Eugenia  (Read 1528 times)

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
Hey everyone,
I'm about to cruise down to San diego and all around the southern california nursery scene. I'm really interested in getting rare things and some grafted/more mature plants.  I was wondering if anyone might have some of these rarer things or know where to find them. I have a small variety of some rare things I could trade.

Some taxa i'm looking for:
Davidsonia pruriens
Grafted Pouteria
Grafted/Fruiting Plinia
Rare Eugenia
Flowering Dovyalis M/F
and really anything awesome and interesting!

Have for trade:
Vasconcellea palandensis
Babaco
E. uniflora zills dark seedlings
P. trunciflora seedlings
P. lucuma seedlings from peru
other things

I appreciate any help! Thanks everyone

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:18:06 PM by nattyfroootz »
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
Bump!

Heading down on Saturday the 24!

Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
You can hit Exotica, bonita creek, ONG.  There may be others but those have the most rare stuff.

One piece of advice is check the plants over really well before buying.  Make sure they are in good health and not infested with bugs. I have bought a few rare plants and then get them home and realize they are covered in scale.  Had an avocado tree with persea mites infect my grove also.  Maybe take some neem oil with you and spray the plants before taking home.
Brad Spaugh

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
You can hit Exotica, bonita creek, ONG.  There may be others but those have the most rare stuff.

One piece of advice is check the plants over really well before buying.  Make sure they are in good health and not infested with bugs. I have bought a few rare plants and then get them home and realize they are covered in scale.  Had an avocado tree with persea mites infect my grove also.  Maybe take some neem oil with you and spray the plants before taking home.

Rad, thank you Spaugh! I will definitely add ONG and Bonita creek to my list! Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely keep my eye out for pests, but I dunno if I could hotbox my car with neem for that long of a drive! haha

Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
Hotbox the car with Neem oil! Awesome stuff. Chris
-Chris

BrianL

• Bay Area, California
    • View Profile
Yeah so scale was introduced into my stuff from SoCal stuff I brought back so take that seriously.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk