Author Topic: For the Aussies !  (Read 4765 times)

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
For the Aussies !
« on: April 06, 2015, 08:12:00 PM »
Hello mates , is there a list somewhere of the seeds that are NOT ALLOWED entry to Australia ?

Cheers

Luc
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
Re: For the Aussies !
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 09:07:47 PM »
Nope. Everything is not allowed unless approved on ICON.  This means it needs to be assessed and then they will give approval or not and if so apply any conditions. What do you want to send? Dont expect alot from federal quarantine. I went on to check the requirements for casimiroa edulis seed as i wanted to import casimiroa sapota, only to find seeds werent listed for import. So i rang aqis and spoke to a young lady. I asked her to double check that they hadnt failed to update the site, only to be told no one had ever imported these seeds and they would need a risk assessment at my cost. When i pointed out most fruit nurseries carried named cultivars of this tree, and had done so for st least 20 years she told me i couldn't be right and to check my taxonomy.  :o

BMc

• Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 09:46:21 PM »
Everything is allowed in.  ;)

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 11:00:27 PM »
Just check the taxonomy is right 😉

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 11:13:19 PM »
Any annonacea is not allowed to get in...
El verde es vida!

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 12:08:11 AM »
Everything is allowed in.  ;)

I Love you.

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 12:10:35 AM »
The real trick to it is making sure you correctly mislabel--er, I mean, label the seeds..

jmc96

• Wallarah, NSW, Australia, Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 12:44:38 AM »
It's an interesting site, you can search here:

http://apps.daff.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex_querycontent.asp

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 08:31:30 AM »
The real trick to it is making sure you correctly mislabel--er, I mean, label the seeds..

So if I label them as pharmaceutical grade poison dart frogs for cane toad your aussie Aphids are too stupid to figure it out and let it through; wonderful!😀 seriously your aphis cant be that stupid!  So I will mis label whitman fiberless as say Afghan Extra Jumbo Opium Poppy Grade seeds for Research & they will clear through for you?😆
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 10:04:34 AM »

Thanks JMC , as a test I put Eugenia , Mexico , for sowing .......It doesn't say if allowed or not ????
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

jmc96

• Wallarah, NSW, Australia, Zone 10
    • View Profile

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 06:09:56 PM »

So if I label them as pharmaceutical grade poison dart frogs for cane toad your aussie Aphids are too stupid to figure it out and let it through; wonderful!😀 seriously your aphis cant be that stupid!  So I will mis label whitman fiberless as say Afghan Extra Jumbo Opium Poppy Grade seeds for Research & they will clear through for you?😆

Correctly mislabel, coconut. So long as whatever it is that is mislabeled looks very similar to the actual species, it will work.'

At night, all cats are gray.  ;)

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 12:29:11 AM »

Correctly mislabel, coconut. So long as whatever it is that is mislabeled looks very similar to the actual species, it will work.'

At night, all cats are gray.  ;)
Yuup at midnight all bats are Vampires!😸
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

BMc

• Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 02:28:12 AM »

Thanks JMC , as a test I put Eugenia , Mexico , for sowing .......It doesn't say if allowed or not ????

No myrtaceae are permitted entry due to rust, which isn't carried in seed. All recorded/named garcinia species are though...

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 02:52:12 AM »

No myrtaceae are permitted entry due to rust, which isn't carried in seed. All recorded/named garcinia species are though...

Subject to conditions. Even seeds for sowing are meant to be reared in quarantine.

AQIS is that ultimate sump where  talentless drywombs, fuddy- duddies and drybobs who, having failed utterly via their own sloth and incompetence in the private sector, pool like so much effluent bi-waste in a gigantic drainclog of bureaucracy to sully and foul the initiatives and innovations of the industrially adept in the otherwise vibrant stream of commerce.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:42:58 AM by starling1 »

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 03:55:55 AM »
what he said  ;)

Subject to conditions. Even seeds for sowing are meant to be reared in quarantine.

AQIS is that ultimate sump where  talentless drywombs, fuddy- duddies and drybobs who, having failed utterly via their own sloth and incompetence in the private sector, pool like so much effluent bi-waste in a gigantic drainclog of bureaucracy to sully and foul the initiatives and innovations of the industrially adept. « Last Edit: Today at 03:18:19 AM by starling1 »

Its not fair really, with the CO2 emissions causing such problems you'd think we would be able to report the people in these departments for stealing oxygen but nooo,  and whats worse is they dont even do anything useful with it.