Author Topic: ISO Red Spanish Pineapple Plant  (Read 4828 times)

Evildeadguy

• Polk County, FL, Zone 9B
    • View Profile
ISO Red Spanish Pineapple Plant
« on: April 29, 2017, 03:19:19 PM »
I'm looking for others who grow Red Spanish pineapple plants... i would like to compare them to the ones I'm already growing and even make a trade or I'm willing to buy a few of the offsets if you grow red spanish pineapple please let me know thanks. I have other variety of pineapple plants to trade or sell too
Pineapples i Grow: Natal Queen

Galka

• USA, FL, OCALA, 9A
    • View Profile
Re: ISO Red Spanish Pineapple Plant
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 02:19:24 AM »
Here is mine. Unfortunately, it's not fruiting yet, too young. There's no offsets, maybe later when it gets bigger. Why do you want to compare with your Spanish Red?

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 03:44:40 PM »
Here is mine. Unfortunately, it's not fruiting yet, too young. There's no offsets, maybe later when it gets bigger. Why do you want to compare with your Spanish Red?

here is a few older photos of my Spanish Red plants they look just like yours in the photo.... i haven't taken any new photos of the 6 offsets i started i got from these two in the photos.... but i seen a guy in some other group who has spanish red but his look so different it could be they are a different type of spanish red

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:49:15 PM by Evildeadguy »

Galka

• USA, FL, OCALA, 9A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 12:59:20 AM »
Can't see the pictures. Could you post them again?

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 09:55:48 AM »
let me know if you can see them now

Galka

• USA, FL, OCALA, 9A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 11:13:45 AM »
Yes. I can see them now. Did you get any fruit yet? I am interested in some of your varieties. Don't have anything for trade though, maybe later.

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 11:38:43 AM »
Yes. I can see them now. Did you get any fruit yet? I am interested in some of your varieties. Don't have anything for trade though, maybe later.
the plants in the photos I showed have already furited  and been ate already now just waiting on the offsets to get bigger and they should flower around winter sometime

Galka

• USA, FL, OCALA, 9A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 01:35:28 PM »
Do you have any pictures of fruits and how was the taste?

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 01:59:54 PM »
I'll post a photo later of the fruit. The taste to me was sweet/tart kinda taste not to acidic

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 02:37:28 PM »
Red Spanish pineapple fruit from my plant they can be anywhere from 3 to 4lbs mine were 4lbs I'm hoping next time around they will get a little bigger and the 3rd photo is of 6 more red spanish plants i started from the pups i got from the mother plant from last time

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 04:59:34 PM by Evildeadguy »

Galka

• USA, FL, OCALA, 9A
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 01:45:09 AM »
Wow, they are beautiful plants. The fruit looks good too. It's not that small, good size for a grown in a pot. 

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 02:20:50 AM »
So glad I stumbled across this thread! I was wondering what variety of pineapple I had since it wasn't identified when I purchased two of them. My plants "fruited" but succumbed to animal and fruit fly attack last year. I planted a bunch of slips and suckers but they are still fairly small. Damn that fruit smelled so good as I was placing its corpse in the green waste bin. Good job on this thread. Best, Chris
-Chris

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 10:11:55 AM »
So glad I stumbled across this thread! I was wondering what variety of pineapple I had since it wasn't identified when I purchased two of them. My plants "fruited" but succumbed to animal and fruit fly attack last year. I planted a bunch of slips and suckers but they are still fairly small. Damn that fruit smelled so good as I was placing its corpse in the green waste bin. Good job on this thread. Best, Chris

Thanks... i was looking at my photo and they do seem alot darker than last time when i grew them i guess it could be this time around i have them out in full sun. last time i had them in part shade/sun maybe they will do better this time around

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 10:14:19 AM »

Thanks... when ya get a chance post a photo of your plant let us check it out

Orly

• PALM BEACH, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Natal Queen
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 09:59:06 PM »
I'm looking for others who grow Red Spanish pineapple plants... i would like to compare them to the ones I'm already growing and even make a trade or I'm willing to buy a few of the offsets if you grow red spanish pineapple please let me know thanks. I have other variety of pineapple plants to trade or sell too

Hi Evildeadguy,

New member here.

I noticed by your sig that you have Natal Queens.  Would you be willing to sell me a sucker or point me in the direction where I could purchase one?  I've had no luck finding them online and would like one to add to my new pineapple garden.

Thx

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
Re: Natal Queen
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 03:01:03 PM »

Hi Evildeadguy,

New member here.

I noticed by your sig that you have Natal Queens.  Would you be willing to sell me a sucker or point me in the direction where I could purchase one?  I've had no luck finding them online and would like one to add to my new pineapple garden.

Thx

Hi Welcome to the Group

Right now i don't have any suckers to offer for the Natal Queen plants that i have i started them around 6 months ago so still got along ways to go... but when i do have some to offer i plan to sale some of them to the group i will keep the group updated. just keep checking back

Orly

• PALM BEACH, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Natal Queen
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2017, 09:07:38 PM »

Hi Welcome to the Group

Right now i don't have any suckers to offer for the Natal Queen plants that i have i started them around 6 months ago so still got along ways to go... but when i do have some to offer i plan to sale some of them to the group i will keep the group updated. just keep checking back

That's great news.  I look forward to that day.

Thx

Orly

• PALM BEACH, FL 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 11:27:02 AM »
One of my pineapples is showing first signs of flowering well inside the center.

I can't remember what pineapple type it is but I want to say Spanish Red.  The leaves have serrated/spiny edges all the way through.  I guess I'll have to wait to know for sure.
It's a pretty large plant in size but unfortunately no offshoots/suckers/pups of any kind yet. 

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 12:39:41 PM by Orly »

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 02:31:12 PM »
One of my pineapples is showing first signs of flowering well inside the center.

I can't remember what pineapple type it is but I want to say Spanish Red.  The leaves have serrated/spiny edges all the way through.  I guess I'll have to wait to know for sure.
It's a pretty large plant in size but unfortunately no offshoots/suckers/pups of any kind yet. 

Hey that's awesome that it has flowered keep us updated about how it turns out

Orly

• PALM BEACH, FL 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2018, 12:45:43 PM »
Here's my pineapple a month later.  Looks like a Spanish Red to me but what do I really know?

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 02:03:02 PM »
Here's my pineapple a month later.  Looks like a Spanish Red to me but what do I really know?

its possible it could be the same but its hard to tell unless you know for sure where it came from

Orly

• PALM BEACH, FL 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 04:16:21 PM »
It came from Excalibur Fruits but was unlabeled.  I can't se exactly what it was when they told me but I can recall "red" in the name.

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 05:08:11 PM »
It came from Excalibur Fruits but was unlabeled.  I can't se exactly what it was when they told me but I can recall "red" in the name.

Only thing i can think to do is to get in contact with them tell them you bought it from them sometime time ago and ask them if they ever grew and sold red Spanish pineapple plants at one time.... tell them when you got it. it didn't have a label  on it and you can't remember what it was called when you bought it from them

Orly

• PALM BEACH, FL 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 05:50:04 PM »
I was thinking the same