Author Topic: Peach Palm (Bactris gasipaes) 10 seeds for 10 USD  (Read 2036 times)

zoli.seedpirates

• rare seeds
    • View Profile
Peach Palm (Bactris gasipaes) 10 seeds for 10 USD
« on: August 17, 2018, 02:23:11 PM »
The fruit got its name from the taste of its fermented pulp: it reminds of peach.
The native Amerindians chew the cooked pulp and left to ferment for 1-2 days to get their traditional everyday drink when they mixed with water. They left to ferment for 8 days to get an alcoholic beverage used to celebrations.
The Peach Palm tree provided important staple food to the Amerindians. They consumed both the fruit and the heart of palm. They highly valued the fruit due to its nutritional values.
It is a good source of carbohydrates and fat, contains a lot of vitamin A, iron, thiamine, riboflavin and niacin.
The fruit is edible after boiling otherwise it contains calcium oxalate and has a trypsin inhibitor.
It is common to simply cook the fruit for 1-3 hours.
To make a fermented beverage today locals mix the cooked flesh with sugar and water and let it to ferment for 1-2 days.
The heart of palm is used raw or cooked to salads, side dishes and to plant based meals that reminds of seafood as the cooked heart of palm has good texture and nice taste.
The seed is oily and have a pleasant coconut-like flavor. It is edible raw. Locals make a drink from the raw seeds adding sugar and water. The germination of this seed normally takes 30-90 days, in some cases 180 days. The seedling gives fruit in 3-4 years.

10 seeds for 10 USD

Order in our iOS app: https://itunes.apple.com/app/seedpirates/id1282323268?mt=8
Order Online:
http://www.seedpirates.org/neworder

Available Seeds:
www.seedpirates.org
Instagram: seedpirates
http://seedpirates.org/fruits/bactris-gasipaes/peach-palm

Chupa King

• Puna, Hawai'i
    • View Profile
Re: Peach Palm (Bactris gasipaes) 10 seeds for 10 USD
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 03:27:55 PM »
Is that a racial slur I see? I sure hope its a type-o.
Biodiversity is key.

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 03:48:25 PM »
Is that a racial slur I see? I sure hope its a type-o.

LOL, he looks European to me. He has no idea why you finding it offensive.

ps. And thank you for the seed offering.

zoli.seedpirates

• rare seeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 05:05:40 PM »

he looks European to me
[/quote]

Should I be offended now?

Just kidding.

Mr Chupa King I have no idea what you are talking about.

Paulish

• US, CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 06:03:40 PM »
When were you planning on telling me you had my export cancelled and items disposed of???

24 Jul 2018, 04:27:00 PM   Export cancellation Item disposed off according to sender's instruction.   MYKULA

When should I expect to receive my refund of $143 for the order???

zoli.seedpirates

• rare seeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 12:26:59 AM »
It seems your order was confiscated and destroyed in the Malaysian side.
I suspect that after sending your previous order to the plant inspection station, they must have warned the customs in Malaysia to stop my packages, because they stopped another package of another customer the same day and they destroyed both. Very unfortunate, and it made me reposition myself on sending with green and yellow label. It caused so much more damage in this case than the money you lost because of this confiscation.

Paulish

• US, CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 03:11:44 AM »
It seems your order was confiscated and destroyed in the Malaysian side.
I suspect that after sending your previous order to the plant inspection station, they must have warned the customs in Malaysia to stop my packages, because they stopped another package of another customer the same day and they destroyed both. Very unfortunate, and it made me reposition myself on sending with green and yellow label. It caused so much more damage in this case than the money you lost because of this confiscation.

It seems?

*Date / Time   Process   Office
24 Jul 2018, 04:27:00 PM   Export cancellation Item disposed off according to sender's instruction.   MYKULA

Apparently someone knew about it as it states in the tracking disposed of according to sender's instruction. Were you not the sender zoli?

There are reasons for these import regulations which you apparently circumvent most of the time. It's hardly my fault that your entire way of operating is counter-intuitive to the legitimate process of international export of seeds. Maybe you should reconsider the way you do business instead of putting the fruit community at risk with your unethical practices and then attempting to shift responsibility when things go wrong.

nimfa.seedpirates

• View Profile
🌷
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 03:55:47 AM »
🌷
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 09:04:19 AM by nimfa.seedpirates »

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 06:26:18 AM »
Dear Nimfa. In some countries, officials can/are destroying outgoing packages (regardless of whether they can be legally accepted in the country of destination or not). The possibility of destroying a package with seeds should be described in the carrier's regulations or the regulations of a given country. It is sick, but the only sensible solution is shipping from a country where there are no such restrictions. I had many similar cases. In all cases, the seller offered a full refund (I accepted/get only payment for damaged/confiscated seeds, I suggested that the payment for the shipment remains with the seller). In this way, we shared a loss. It does not matter in this situation but: I feel sorry for the sellers that they are live in countries ruled by such stupid officials. Regards
Patience is a gardener's virtue