Author Topic: Valentine Pummelo seeds available  (Read 3783 times)

marklee

• Chula Vista, California Zone 24 or 10b
    • View Profile
Valentine Pummelo seeds available
« on: January 20, 2015, 02:09:34 PM »
I have a limited number of the Valentine Pummelo it is a a cross of ‘Siamese Sweet’ pummelo x (‘Dancy’ mandarin x ‘Ruby’ blood orange) seeds. Please message me for availabilty etc.

Mark

Galka

• USA, FL, OCALA, 9A
    • View Profile
Re: Valentine Pummelo seeds available
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 06:29:07 PM »
Pm sent.

Faldon

• south korea, pusan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 08:23:32 PM »
I sent PM.

NathanC

• USDA 9b - Phoenix, Arizona
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 08:37:23 PM »
I was once told that no pomelo grow true to type, meaning that your seeds will not be exactly like Valentine Pummelo, unless self pollinated. BTW hear another nice pomelo is Tahitian pomelo.

Faldon

• south korea, pusan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 09:36:40 PM »
Yes i know it. but want to try... because it is impossible to import tree or scion to my country.

Thanks very much.

I was once told that no pomelo grow true to type, meaning that your seeds will not be exactly like Valentine Pummelo, unless self pollinated. BTW hear another nice pomelo is Tahitian pomelo.

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 10:12:25 PM »

You've got a pretty varied background there, genetically.  Even if self-pollinated, it ain't gonna come true ...

John

marklee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 10:35:03 PM »

You've got a pretty varied background there, genetically.  Even if self-pollinated, it ain't gonna come true ...

John
Of course, but that is how the thousands of varieties of citrus came from the original citron, then came the sour orange, the lemon, and the sweet orange over hundreds of years.

Paulis1984

• US, CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 11:08:32 PM »
Any seeds currently available? Thanks!

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 02:57:32 PM »

Californians can order a true to type grafted Valentine through your local nursery from Montereybaynursery
They carry other rare nice citrus like the Vaniglia ?Sangiugno. I am very happy with these 2 I special ordered from them.

For anyone outside of California I believe seeds are the only way to go right now.

marklee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 09:04:43 PM »

Yes I have seeds available, I don't think I can ship scions out of my quarantine zone to another place in California. I got my scion wood from the "Citrus Clonal Protection Program" a few years ago and grafted a few up.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 10:06:08 PM »

Yes I have seeds available, I don't think I can ship scions out of my quarantine zone to another place in California. I got my scion wood from the "Citrus Clonal Protection Program" a few years ago and grafted a few up.

Supposedly illegal to graft your citrus trees with your own scion wood from your yard without the proper paperwork so  CCPP is the only legal wood to graft.

Paulis1984

• US, CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 12:56:18 PM »

Thanks Mark, meant to post that on another thread. I'm definitely interested in knowing about the next opportunity to obtain CCPP scion wood however.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk