Author Topic: Another mango in container question(s)  (Read 936 times)

RGVgardener

• Harlingen zone 9b
    • View Profile
Another mango in container question(s)
« on: October 27, 2018, 02:09:04 AM »
Hi all,
I am just getting started with mangoes. I live in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas, zone 9b, previously planted a NDM and a Coconut Cream in the ground and just got a whole bunch of new varieties- Peach Cobbler, Sweet Tart, Pineapple Pleasure, Pina Colada, Carrie, Cac, Fruit Punch based off recommendations on this site. The issue is my house doesn’t have a lot of property and also the soil is pretty bad, very heavy clay, apparently some years ago before the 1980s) may have been a landfill as well. The coconut cream seems to be growing pretty well but the NDM hasn’t put out a ton of growth. So I was considering growing the new ones that I got in containers instead. Does that sound like a reasonable plan? I was thinking of going from 3g to 7g and 7g to 25g.

Last bonus question in case anyone has an opinion: was thinking of getting one more Zill variety, which would you recommend amongst them (Dot, Spirit of 76, Gary, Zill, etc)?

Thanks very much!

MangoCountry

• Southeast Florida 10a/b
    • View Profile
Re: Another mango in container question(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 05:39:40 PM »
Maha Chanok although not a Zills variety. Orange Sherbet is good and so is Cotton Candy. They are both Zills.