Author Topic: Excellent video showcasing some of the mango varieties at Tropical Acre Farms  (Read 1548 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Put on a pot of java order a pizza or pop some popcorn excellent video :)

Paul did a wonderful job producing this video in the noisy neighborhood we call South Florida. Alex did a excellent job of showcasing some of the varieties that are grown at Tropical Acre Farms
Hopefully they will produce more videos I would love to see St. Maui. What mango varieties would you like for Alex to showcase?
I was tickled to see a Carla mango tree.The variety I can't get no one other than John51 to discuss. I took Delight in hearing that Alex  has one at his own Hacienda :)
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4212616378823366&id=127563597328685
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:19:07 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

JulianoGS

• USA, South Florida
    • View Profile
Great video
Be very careful and mindful of what you sow, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Coffee with pizza or popcorn?  You need a palate recalibration.   Lol
- Rob

Gulfgardener

• Panhandle 9a
    • View Profile
I agree, awesome video!  I laughed when Alex said he once had a stomach ache after eating to many pina colada mangos. If I worked there, that would be a daily occurrence. I hope I can order some fruit from the newer varieties. I'm still unpacking all the information that was given.

Please keep the videos coming!

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Rob! You don't think that popcorn goes well with pizza Lol

Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

fliptop

• SWFL10a
    • View Profile
Black coffee no sugar and cold pizza is seriously one of my favorite breakfast meals

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Rob! You don't think that popcorn goes well with pizza Lol

Its the coffee and pizza.  I love coffee and love pizza/popcorn, just not together.
- Rob

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
That was the most informative mango video I’ve ever seen and I took a lot of very important information from it that I will now use to improve all aspects of my mango growing obsession.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Wait.  All those mango varieties, and did Alex say his favorite fruit is mamey sapote??  EDIT:  Nope, I went back and he said, "One of my favorite fruits."  (Video is pretty awesome.  Alex is the Mango Man!)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 12:11:06 AM by johnb51 »
John

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
John B 51.....probably 52 by now
Just in case you missed it and you probably didn’t Alex said that his favorite mango is Sweet Tart. I totally loved that part of the video. It’s at 1:05:16 minute mark. A million varieties from around the world and he had the guts and fortitude to come clean with what he believes. A man who puts TRUTH way above the dollar.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 09:50:07 AM by weiss613 »

johnb51

• View Profile
John B 51.....probably 52 by now
Just in case you missed it and you probably didn’t Alex said that his favorite mango is Sweet Tart. I totally loved that part of the video. It’s at 1:05:16 minute mark. A million varieties from around the world and he had the guts and fortitude to come clean with what he believes. A man who puts TRUTH way above the dollar.
'51 is the year I was born so that doesn't change. (I'm an aging Boomer like you, trying to stay youthful and relevant.) Yes, he did say Sweet Tart was his favorite.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 12:08:49 AM by johnb51 »
John

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
Well.....what matters is I hope you at least laughed at my very dumb joke!!! 1949 going on 35 y/o

RodneyS

• Cerritos, CA (Zone 11a)
    • View Profile
Enjoyed the video.  Especially when hearing about the Mekong mango. 
I bought mango scions from Alex last Summer.  They were quite healthy and well packaged.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Wait.  All those mango varieties, and did Alex say his favorite fruit is mamey sapote??  EDIT:  No, I went back and he said, "One of my favorite fruits."  (Video is pretty awesome, just the same.)
What! Mamey and sapote are not two new variety of mangoes ??? Thanks John 51 for clarifying that I feel like such a Fuzzy Lumpkins

You squirrels better get off of my property!!!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:50:28 AM by bovine421 »

ben mango

• View Profile
Alex is pretty much living the dream. Thanks for posting.

johnb51

• View Profile
Alex is pretty much living the dream. Thanks for posting.
Living the dream, but working his butt off and definitely NOT getting rich in the process!  (I'm so glad/we're so lucky that you have other values, Alex.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 12:57:26 PM by johnb51 »
John

Julie

• Miami, FL, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
Love this video as well! Also happy to find out they use organic products since I had assumed they were conventional. I’m so excited to mail order new varieties this summer from tropical acres! Hopefully the prices for shipping aren’t too high!

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
I was there yesterday, always impressed by his knowledge and selection. Great place for all fruit lovers to visit. I also agree sweet tart is also my favorite mango.
Don’t rush, take time and enjoy life and food.