Author Topic: Growing Dragonfruit commercially on PVC coated fencing--Why/why not?  (Read 5101 times)

Ulfr

• Brisbane Australia
    • View Profile
    • Practical Primate
Re: Growing Dragonfruit commercially on PVC coated fencing--Why/why not?
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2019, 03:00:40 AM »
Table saw and a lot of patience/care. Lined the printing up with the fence and then marked the other side based off that (I forget exactly but it wasn’t too crazy with two people).

I am very happy with them but wouldn’t do them again if starting from scratch. I would try 100mm pipe to keep them lighter or just box up square posts. Where are you located?

Standardbloke

• Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2019, 03:07:47 AM »
Table saw and a lot of patience/care. Lined the printing up with the fence and then marked the other side based off that (I forget exactly but it wasn’t too crazy with two people).

I am very happy with them but wouldn’t do them again if starting from scratch. I would try 100mm pipe to keep them lighter or just box up square posts. Where are you located?

Brisbane Northside. I have a few fruit trees but I mostly collect dragonfruit. Not sure how many different types I have now, around 50 I guess. I don't collect everything, just the types I think might be good. I only grow one white for pollination.

NicolaMcLean

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2021, 04:42:56 PM »
It's really a good idea to grow such plants on a fence or gate if they feel great there. I mean, this is an excellent way to grow something like this, since there are enough support points there and you do not need to buy additional special fasteners for this. We recently installed new garage doors that are made for this that had enough space between the bars for plants. I love when the house is decorated with vegetation outside. This gives it life. Various plants are placed inside and outside of our entire house. I'm sure many gardeners will understand what I'm talking about. Thank you for sharing your ideas.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 04:37:46 AM by NicolaMcLean »