Author Topic: Purple Mangosteen Seeds for Sale $0.15 each  (Read 7080 times)

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
Re: Purple Mangosteen Seeds for Sale $0.15 each
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2019, 03:03:31 PM »
Msk, there is no response yet.

Probably an avalanche of mud has cut off the "seller" cable internet connection and destroyed its seed stocks. I'm guessing that as soon as the service restores his connection, he'll let us know everything, including the fact that he lost our payments...;)
Patience is a gardener's virtue

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2019, 03:05:42 PM »
I made a purchase a while back on ebay from a "beautyladyinfo".  I received foil packs of seeds that looked like those that Domnik got.  I am not absolutely certain that the company name on the packs was the same but I think so.  I got Baccaurea kunstleri and Melodorum fruticosum seeds that have not germinated yet & I have little hope for.  However, I also got some Kadsura sp. seeds where I have had 11 out of 15 germinate and I suspect that more may still germinate.  If I recall correctly, all seeds seemed somewhat dry when I got them but I soaked them in water until most of them sunk.  I can't say I am pleased with the results but the cost of the seeds was low so I am "ok" with this particular experience.  Probably best to steer clear of these sellers as Domnik suggests.  However cheap seeds is not a guarantee of bad seeds or a bad seller any more than expensive seeds guarantees a good experience.  At least you don't feel as bad getting crap seeds that are cheap as opposed to getting gouged on seeds that are still crap.

Since it seems like no one has reported getting their orders from this TSFO guy, it is probably now reasonable to assume that he was just a crook.

John

kalan

• FL Broward Zone 10b southwest ranches
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2019, 10:28:57 PM »
He was active as of 7:30pm this evening on the forum. He's reading this, and he's not responding for a week now. Conclusion: hes a scammer. Just like the guy who used to sell the giant yellow dragon fruit seeds, but never showed his plants or sold cuttings. He disappeared from his own thread for over a year now and despite being called out by me, spaugh and others a few times, never responded. And yet he's active on this forum often. He was on two weeks ago

I think we need a sticky thread at the top with any and all info we have regarding known and suspected scammers. Of course, we don't want to incriminate anyone hastily, so of course, the accused can have their opportunity to present their case and have their name removed. Thoughts anyone? A perm-thread to warn forum users about known scam artists?

BTW: the name of the dragon fruit guy was Carlos Batista who goes by "DragonFruit101" and lives in Kissimmee. Has a facebook page but I won't post here. Here's his last thread: http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=26031.msg323392#msg323392

He got run off of a Dragon Fruit Growers facebook group because of all of the salty former customers on there.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 10:56:35 PM by kalan »

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2019, 10:32:12 PM »
I usually start with a very small order to test out new sellers, after not getting a response from the seller in question I flagged the transaction with paypal and got the refund from seller the very next day.  I am taking my order else where, If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2019, 11:08:39 PM »
I sent TFSO a private message last week. No response yet.

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2019, 01:18:18 AM »
He was active as of 7:30pm this evening on the forum. He's reading this, and he's not responding for a week now. Conclusion: hes a scammer. Just like the guy who used to sell the giant yellow dragon fruit seeds, but never showed his plants or sold cuttings. He disappeared from his own thread for over a year now and despite being called out by me, spaugh and others a few times, never responded. And yet he's active on this forum often. He was on two weeks ago

I think we need a sticky thread at the top with any and all info we have regarding known and suspected scammers. Of course, we don't want to incriminate anyone hastily, so of course, the accused can have their opportunity to present their case and have their name removed. Thoughts anyone? A perm-thread to warn forum users about known scam artists?

BTW: the name of the dragon fruit guy was Carlos Batista who goes by "DragonFruit101" and lives in Kissimmee. Has a facebook page but I won't post here. Here's his last thread: http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=26031.msg323392#msg323392

He got run off of a Dragon Fruit Growers facebook group because of all of the salty former customers on there.
I fully agree! I also got seeds from DragonFruit101 nothing special.
Mike

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2019, 01:44:55 AM »
I made a purchase a while back on ebay from a "beautyladyinfo".
John, I also came across this person. She sent me one or twice moldy, dry, light and empty durian seeds.  From what I remember when I started a substantive polemics, she quickly changed her nickname on eBay so that I could not give a negative opinion and warn others.
A great idea Kalan.  It could work well until someone changes the company name, nickname or moves the page, but if the Admin agrees, that's all we can do. Just like the list of good nurseries, the case of dishonest / bad sellers should be arranged in one place. Only there are many such cases and we probably would not like to read daily about how someone robbed someone. I do not know what Admin thinks about it, and whether it is technically to be done in this forum but it would be good if that/ this warning thread will be always on top. That entry in such a warning thread would never appear on the main page as the last entry. Then, whoever would like to read - he could be there, and the discussion about theft and scams would not dominate other topics.
Patience is a gardener's virtue

sahai1

• NST, THAILAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2019, 08:05:40 PM »
imo, established vendors should have dedicated 'list' on the forum for those professional vendors with websites. in exchange for a modest fee of course.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2019, 11:35:13 PM »
Where is Stu or Steve? Now Thailand is getting a bad reputation.

Wiangelo

• Suriname, District Wanica, Lelydorp, Zone 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2019, 10:42:42 AM »
We are now a week further and I have not heard from Stu. Also the tracking number is still not available. I now know enough and am going to get my money back through Paypal. Hopefully we can prevent others from placing orders from him and getting into the same situation.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2019, 11:38:09 AM »
We are now a week further and I have not heard from Stu. Also the tracking number is still not available. I now know enough and am going to get my money back through Paypal. Hopefully we can prevent others from placing orders from him and getting into the same situation.

Tracking does not work well in thailand.

I just ordered from Hongkong, always got tracking from them which worked untill in thailand but now it didn't work at all...but the courier came in time, without a companyname on his clothes/motorbike, the signaturecomputer also didn't work but the package was fine.

Just wait....Stu can't help it that the post is no good.

Wiangelo

• Suriname, District Wanica, Lelydorp, Zone 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2019, 11:12:06 AM »
He even didn't answer the PayPal team in 10 days. Today PayPal mailed me that they will refund me.

kalan

• FL Broward Zone 10b southwest ranches
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2019, 12:27:27 PM »
And he was active on this forum last night at 8pm. That’s all anyone needs to know. File fraud with PayPal.

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2019, 02:34:00 PM »
His website must be closed soon
Mike

7_Heads

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2019, 02:34:50 PM »
This is a scam, definitely a crook.

Case Created - PP-D-31489090
Friday, April 19, 2019      
Payment to Bestkru4u
฿924.01 THB

noochka1

• Miramar, FL 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2019, 08:42:24 AM »
Agreed.  2 orders placed and no delivery or communication.  PayPal cases opened.  This is a scam.