Author Topic: Dream  (Read 4862 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Dream
« on: December 26, 2013, 12:41:33 PM »
Today I had a dream, perhaps the first about rare or tropical fruits.

It was something simple, nothing spectacular, but I was very happy during sleep.

The dream was that I had a kind of a tree that would give fruit for the first time, it was a mix between abiu and black sapote (I've never tried any of these fruits).

I remember I went to the patio, the tree was about 3 m tall and had black, spherical, bright fruit on the grown, like a bowling ball ... some were cut in half on the floor (like a kind of black abiu), and other hanging.

It was just that, and I woke up happy, I do not remember if I tried the fruit, but the dream perfectly recreated the experience of trying something extraordinary for the first time.

Anyone else?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:55:26 PM by huertasurbanas »
ONLINE SHOP:

https://www.huertasurbanas.com/shop

30% Discount Coupon: FIRST

Osito

• Zone 10b
    • Long Beach, Ca
    • View Profile
Re: Dream
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 01:49:53 PM »
I remember dreaming of sapodilla after I tried one for the first time in Hawaii. Haha I'm my dream I was at the national tropical botanical garden early(cause I was late in reality), climbed into the giant sapodilla tree and ate like a fat monkey. I awoke very amused

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 02:29:52 PM »
Thanks for posting your dream Osito :), I dont know what a sapodilla is, but I hope I can grow one in the future. By the way, the fruit of my dream really looked like a jaboticaba from the exterior, but in the inside it was like a black abiu (but it had something strange, like an eye or so) and big like a black sapote :)
ONLINE SHOP:

https://www.huertasurbanas.com/shop

30% Discount Coupon: FIRST

AnnonAddict

• Growing too many things at once
    • Santa Barbara, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 02:52:47 PM »
After discovering Gac fruit I dreamed of eating a watermelon sized bright yellow fruit with blue flesh on the inside, I don't remember tasting it but I remember sticking my hand inside the fruit and it was very slimy.
Jackson

Tomas

• USA, Virginia - 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 04:41:43 PM »
I day-dream alot about eating fruit - if that counts.

Tomas

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 06:07:59 PM »
A dream that black fruit can be treated fairly, accepted on merit and grown as freely as a pale fruit is planting a seed for the future.

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 07:11:04 PM »
A dream that black fruit can be treated fairly, accepted on merit and grown as freely as a pale fruit is planting a seed for the future.
I salute to that, Mike T. Luther King jr  ;D

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Global Moderator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »
i always have dreams of discovering more land on my property and more spaces to plant mangoes.
Jeff  :-)

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »
when one dreams of any given subjects of personal importance...it's an indications that the dream will be achieved! Now or when, that is the question...could be short or long term! So hang on, Marcos...the fruit is on the way! ;)
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of your life!

Triloba Tracker

• Psalms 104:14
    • USA, Middle Tennessee, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 09:11:04 PM »
I once had a dream that I was at a market and bought a Buddha's Hand fruit. I didn't tell anyone about the dream. The next day, totally unbeknown to me, my wife and kids went to Whole Foods and came home with a Buddha's Hand. It was like something out of The Twilight Zone. I don't believe in ghosts or reincarnation or stuff like that, but this was FREAKY!

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 09:54:20 PM »
Surprisingly, I have never had a fruit related dream.  As a teen, the night before a trip to North Carolina, I did have a dream about encountering an entire bog of Venus fly traps along a roadside.  My horticultural interests tended towards carnivorous plants at that time.  That was the last of my horticultural dreams......at least, that is, that I can remember anyway.
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

AnnonAddict

• Santa Barbara, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »
Surprisingly, I have never had a fruit related dream.  As a teen, the night before a trip to North Carolina, I did have a dream about encountering an entire bog of Venus fly traps along a roadside.  My horticultural interests tended towards carnivorous plants at that time.  That was the last of my horticultural dreams......at least, that is, that I can remember anyway.
I was interested in tropical Nepenthes species before I discovered the world of tropical fruit. All my Nepenthes are dead now... forgot about them when I got my first sub tropical fruit tree, Cherimoya
Jackson

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2013, 10:45:48 PM »
when one dreams of any given subjects of personal importance...it's an indications that the dream will be achieved! Now or when, that is the question...could be short or long term! So hang on, Marcos...the fruit is on the way! ;)

I agree. That's a very good dream. It symbolizes that soon you will get a very big harvest of fruits.
Oscar

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 05:15:56 AM »
Yes this is true, one time i dream with a jabuticaba and later Miguel offer me two!  ;D

AnnonAddict

• Santa Barbara, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 10:45:36 AM »
After digging up my Junglesop seed to check on it yesterday I dreamed I went to Africa and collected seed and scion to start a junglesop farm!

Weird stuff...
Jackson

Sanddollarmoon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 01:36:29 PM »
Mostly my tropical fruit dreams are of mature, fruiting plants, and seeds I recently planted germinating. It just comes down to patience for me. Other dreams include:

a) planting a tropical jungle outdoors in TN

b) developing nonsensical large-fruited trees

c) meeting forum members and their farms

fruithunter

• Taiwan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 07:36:46 AM »
I ever dreamed my eating a super large fig, as large as my fist, the flavor is not at all a fig but a very sweet passion fruit. I felt pleasant when I woke up.

Is there  any type of fig that is as large as fist? If there is, I really want to plant one.
Rock

AnnonAddict

• Santa Barbara, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 11:15:02 AM »
I ever dreamed my eating a super large fig, as large as my fist, the flavor is not at all a fig but a very sweet passion fruit. I felt pleasant when I woke up.

Is there  any type of fig that is as large as fist? If there is, I really want to plant one.
I have a Italian Black Mission fig that has fruits as big as your fist! There are two small fruits on the tree right now, I will post pictures when they are mature. Maturity takes about 1-2 months roughly.
Jackson

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 01:28:06 PM »
I have a Italian Black Mission fig that has fruits as big as your fist! There are two small fruits on the tree right now, I will post pictures when they are mature. Maturity takes about 1-2 months roughly.

Either you have a very small fist reference or I am way off on my recollection of the size of Black Mission figs.  What do you think?
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 04:57:53 AM »

There are giant sized figs. I had one planted in San Diego. I'm trying to dust off my very rusty memory. All i can think of is Armenian Giant. But that's probably not quite right. I'm sure some fig fanatics can give you a list of all the giant sized figs. Or try asking on the fig forum:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/fig/
Oscar

fruithunter

• Taiwan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 06:24:01 AM »

I'm looking forward to your photos.
Rock

fruithunter

• Taiwan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 06:25:28 AM »

There are giant sized figs. I had one planted in San Diego. I'm trying to dust off my very rusty memory. All i can think of is Armenian Giant. But that's probably not quite right. I'm sure some fig fanatics can give you a list of all the giant sized figs. Or try asking on the fig forum:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/fig/

Oscar, many thanks for your info.
Rock