Looking for Achachiaru tree.
Also Inga plant/seeds.
Quentin

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 09:17:28 PM »
ajeshcool47  had Inga edulis for sale. 2 seeds for 5 including shipping. They are enroute now and shipper said he sent 3?
Its nice not to have to buy 10 seeds. Trees and More offers the whole fruit and probably will sell you some seeds. I don't
think it is edulis? FFF had small Achachiaru seedlings for sale. Fruitscapes doesn't have either available? I would ask Steve or Jesse
I bet they have or will get Inga this year?
Mike

Garcinia

• Horticultural addict
  • The philosopher of fruit
    • Marin, California, zones 9b and 10a (though I keep most plants in a greenhouse)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 09:39:29 PM »
ajeshcool47  had Inga edulis for sale. 2 seeds for 5 including shipping. They are enroute now and shipper said he sent 3?
Its nice not to have to buy 10 seeds. Trees and More offers the whole fruit and probably will sell you some seeds. I don't
think it is edulis? FFF had small Achachiaru seedlings for sale. Fruitscapes doesn't have either available? I would ask Steve or Jesse
Mike

Are full fruits for Inga still available from trees and more? Very interested.
The hardest plants to grow are often those most worth growing.

MarvelMango

• Bokeelia 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 05:18:34 AM »
Mike

Are full fruits for Inga still available from trees and more? Very interested

Fruitscapes doesn't have them ,I asked.  I e-mailed fff 3-4 times no response yet. I know he's slow but at that rate..who knows.
Quentin

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 08:32:40 AM »
Eventually the seeds will become available this summer, I think? Last year I tried to get Achachiaru seeds. First
shipment I got the wrong seeds sent. The seller posted pictures of the seeds and fruit and when they showed up they were
the wrong seed. I had to send a picture and then the shipper said I can send the right seed this time what did you order?
Never mind I got my money back. The second shipment from a different shipper never arrived. After 3 months the shipper said
I am outta the seed till next year and offered me different seeds. Hopefully they will germinate but they are not what I really ordered.
I have one small tree that started growing well the second year. They take 7+ years to fruit what's another year to wait?

I go to Orlando with my kids to the theme parks and FFF is around 30 minutes away from Orlando.  I always make a detour on the way home and pick up some trees. Adam goes way out of his way if you come by his place. I have some really nice trees from FFF. I have 3 producing red jaboticabas, 4 total. I have 10 pitangatubas producing fruit daily right now. I really enjoy this fruit. I probably have around 40-50 trees thanks to Adam. If you are in the Orlando area you won't regret a visit.

This addiction to fruit trees is borderline insanity. Will I ever get satisfied with what I have?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:00:56 AM by achetadomestica »

MarvelMango

• Bokeelia 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 09:44:44 AM »

This addiction to fruit trees is borderline insanity. Do you ever get satisfied with what you have?

Temporary satisfaction when I find what I'm looking for. But then it fades as I move on to a new tree I want. Also I'm sure there will be a lot more satisfaction when they fruit.
But like you said it's a addiction.
Quentin

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 09:59:48 AM »
Once I get all the seeds on order and get them planted and growing I will never buy another tree or seed again,
I promise.