Author Topic: ISO Normand Seedless Kumquat  (Read 1227 times)

franklazar26

• WI, Zone 5A
    • View Profile
ISO Normand Seedless Kumquat
« on: June 30, 2020, 07:21:25 PM »
Anyone know where to purchase an established plant? Everywhere seems to be out of stock. If anyone has a 1 gal or larger (any kumquat actually I’ll buy lol-I have meiwa and Fukushu and want more varieties) I’d be willing to pay and for shipping too. Fourwinds and logees are out sadly.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
Re: ISO Normand Seedless Kumquat
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 11:01:52 PM »
Nordmann is great.  I have three and they're always loaded with fruit.  I got mine from FourWindsGrowers year ago but yes I see they are out of stock now. 

franklazar26

• WI, Zone 5A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 11:34:18 PM »
I can’t seem to find it anywhere! I chose to get a nagami from logees as of now, but once the nordman comes available I will purchase.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 12:07:16 PM »
The finding of the Nordmann Kumquat  was the result of planting many Nagami seeds.  One of them produced a Nagami seedless fruit.  This is also how the Eureka lemon, among others were found.  The new seedless Nordmann was therefore named after the founder George Nordmann of Florida.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:32:51 PM by Millet »

pinkturtle

• LA county, CA Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 01:32:29 PM »
The finding of the Nordmann Kumquat  was the result of planting many Nagami seeds.  One of them produced a Nagami seedless fruit.  This is also how the Eureka lemon, among others were found.  The new seedless Nordmann was therefore named after the founder George Nordmann of Florida.

Wow, I didn't know that is how seedless is developed.  I thought is genetic alter.  Wonder how many trees did Mr. Nordmann breeded.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:34:05 PM by Millet »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk