Author Topic: WTB Luc's Garcinia, Garcinia sp. Limoncillo, Garcinia Vleerackerii, etc., etc.  (Read 9045 times)

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
I'm in Southern California and would like to find a seedling.  Can anyone help?

Bill

bradflorida

• Osprey, FL. Zone 10A.
    • View Profile
Try Adam at Flyingfoxnursery.com (asaffron username on this board).

Brad

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
Thanks for the advice. Adam doesn't ship to California but I did find a local supply. I love this forum.

Bill

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
Oh well, my local supply ended up not working out. Does anyone have plants for sale?  If not I guess I'll have to grow from seed.

Bill

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
Oh well, my local supply ended up not working out. Does anyone have plants for sale?  If not I guess I'll have to grow from seed.

Bill

Bill there should be plenty in CA , if not I still have a few seeds . Season is over for this year .

Luc
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
Thanks Luc, I had two people reply saying they have plants. I've responded to both and I'm waiting for replys. Hopefully I won't need to get seed. But thank you for offering.

Bill

luc

• View Profile
Thanks Luc, I had two people reply saying they have plants. I've responded to both and I'm waiting for replys. Hopefully I won't need to get seed. But thank you for offering.

Bill

If they don't work out Oscar ( fruitlovers ) in Hawaii has seeds , I am out now...
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
It's a year later and I still don't have a plant.  Does anyone have a seedling that they could sell?  The people that offered seedlings last year didn't work out.  Help, I'm desperate.

Bill

barath

• Southern California, USDA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
I *may* (not sure, so can't promise) have an extra one.  I'm in Northern California, but will be visiting Southern California this summer.

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
Barath, that sounds promising.  What size is the plant and when do plan on visiting SoCal?

Bill

barath

• View Profile
I have a couple of small plants that have been beaten up by the winds in my rooftop garden -- they lost their initial set of leaves they produced last year and have put out a new pair each.  Now I'm waiting to see how they do.  I really don't want to part with them, but I will take stock of how many Garcinias I have in a month or so and can see.  I'll be down in So Cal in mid June.

Rtreid

• Zone 10a Sunset zone 24
  • Zone 10a, Sunset 24, CA
    • View Profile
Bill,

I have a bunch of seedlings and am down in San Diego. You are welcome to one if you would like.

Richard

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
I have a couple of small plants that have been beaten up by the winds in my rooftop garden -- they lost their initial set of leaves they produced last year and have put out a new pair each.  Now I'm waiting to see how they do.  I really don't want to part with them, but I will take stock of how many Garcinias I have in a month or so and can see.  I'll be down in So Cal in mid June.

Baby those Baby's, they could be the best chance for garcinia fruiting in Nor Cal! I remember now the deep tap root they like to send so even with young 2 leaf plants 10-12 inch deep pot is preferable, like the Stuewe Tree pots.

barath

• View Profile

Baby those Baby's, they could be the best chance for garcinia fruiting in Nor Cal! I remember now the deep tap root they like to send so even with young 2 leaf plants 10-12 inch deep pot is preferable, like the Stuewe Tree pots.

Definitely -- good point.  I do have them in #5s now, and I guess at least one of them I'm giving partial shade to.  Maybe I should put them under the bananas to give them a bit more wind / sun protection.

fruit4me

• USA, CA/LOS ANGELES,SAN GABRIEL
    • View Profile
My seeds never made it to me. Anyone in the SoCal area have an extra plant that can sell to me?

Max

luc

• View Profile
My seeds never made it to me. Anyone in the SoCal area have an extra plant that can sell to me?

Max

Max , you make it sound like I never send you the seeds , you gotta be fair and mention they were confiscated for lack of small seed lot permit .

Luc
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

fruit4me

• View Profile

Max

Max , you make it sound like I never send you the seeds , you gotta be fair and mention they were confiscated for lack of small seed lot permit .

Luc
Sorry Luc, I wasn't thinking anything like that. I was just really desperate at the time when I was posting here. Again, my deepest apologies.

Max

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery

Max

Luc
Sorry Luc, I wasn't thinking anything like that. I was just really desperate at the time when I was posting here. Again, my deepest apologies.

Max

Could be title of new movie: "Desperately Seeking Luc's Garcinia".  ;) Sorry to hear you lost your seeds, i can send you some if you order on my seed page.
Oscar

fruit4me

• View Profile
Thanks Oscar. I just want to be sure that the one you have listed  as Mexican Mangosteen is the same as Luc's Garcinia?

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Thanks Oscar. I just want to be sure that the one you have listed  as Mexican Mangosteen is the same as Luc's Garcinia?

Yes indeed!
Oscar

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile

Yes indeed!

Luc & Oscar are like Siamese Twin👬; a double of trustworthy troubadours! Pimpering rare seeds of profoundly high germination for recalcitrant!😀
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery

Yes indeed!

Luc & Oscar are like Siamese Twin👬; a double of trustworthy troubadours! Pimpering rare seeds of profoundly high germination for recalcitrant!😀

Thanks Coconut. But Luc's Garcinia is not really a recalcitrant seed. Ask Luc about the time he forgot some seeds in a desk drawer for many months and they still sprouted. These seeds last a very long time, and don't even need much moisture for storage.
Oscar

Jessg333

• Honolulu, Hi
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I know this post is super old, but I was wondering how does Luc's Garcinia taste in comparison to an achacha? which do you think is better? And how would you compare it to a purple mangosteen?

SoCal2warm

• zone 10 and zone 8a
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I know this post is super old, but I was wondering how does Luc's Garcinia taste in comparison to an achacha?
Probably a little bit better

And how would you compare it to a purple mangosteen?
Depends on personal preference.

Here's the best analogy I can think of. For lychees, do you prefer Brewster or Mauritius? If you prefer Mauritius I believe there's a higher chance you will prefer achacha/Luc's over purple mangosteen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk