Author Topic: Request to admins: Seeds photos - sticky.  (Read 11747 times)

shafak

• India, Chennai 13°N 80°E Köppen: Aw Elevation 6 m (20 ft)
    • View Profile
Request to admins: Seeds photos - sticky.
« on: February 18, 2016, 11:06:36 PM »
I had recently received seeds of jaboticaba.  Since, I've never seen the fruit or seed before,  I tried searching online.   But, to my disappointment,  I couldn't even find one picture.   This got me thinking - how about a sticky with pictures of seeds for easy identification.  Thank you.

LivingParadise

• Florida Keys, Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Re: Request to admins: Seeds photos - sticky.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 06:47:51 PM »
That's an interesting one. I would like that, if only to peruse through a catalogue of tropical seed pictures because I think the way seeds look is fascinating!

Another sticky thread that I would find similarly helpful is tropical seedling photos. Often I end up with something growing in my yard that I can't readily identify even though I must have planted it earlier, or say I order a small plant or buy one somewhere, and like you am not sure if I was really sold the proper plant. It is very hard to find seedling photos online of these rather rare tropical plants - usually the only available photos are of a mature tree from far away, or of the fruit itself.

Here are some images I found online that might help you out:

Sorry I couldn't find any that were the seeds only, without the fruit. But that's at least a start.

LivingParadise

• Florida Keys, Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 06:52:02 PM »
t
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:13:19 PM by LivingParadise »

DimplesLee

• frustrated permie
    • PHL&AUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 06:54:37 PM »
From wikipedia:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlW5i6WqezF4X8SBBhRZvi2It8J1VhQ8uGI2LAaCiDzuXpHdxg

Jabos are polyembryonic - if you are going to plant each seed in its own jiffy pot or coir disc - once it sprouts and you get more than one seedling - chances are its a jabo alright.

Also if the seeds were shipped in a moist medium and its been a week or so since it was posted, it should have been sprouting already when you received it? I hope the seller didn't sun dry those seeds!
Diggin in dirt and shifting compost - gardeners crossfit regime :)

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 07:09:49 PM »
Just found this photo also, listed as Jaboticaba coroada

Hope you realize those aren't seeds? They look like miracle fruits.
Oscar

LivingParadise

• Florida Keys, Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 09:14:15 PM »
Sorry, that last one I posted the wrong photo. I can't find the right one now. Somehow the link went in wrong...

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 10:13:28 PM »
Came across these.

William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

shafak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 07:11:06 AM »
Thank you for the replies, everyone.  Actually, this post is not a request for pictures of jaboticaba seeds, but rather a request to have a sticky on seeds.  There are lots of vendors active on this forum.  If each could take a little bit of time to click decent photos, it would be of great help for novices. 

shafak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 07:19:49 AM »
From wikipedia:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlW5i6WqezF4X8SBBhRZvi2It8J1VhQ8uGI2LAaCiDzuXpHdxg

Jabos are polyembryonic - if you are going to plant each seed in its own jiffy pot or coir disc - once it sprouts and you get more than one seedling - chances are its a jabo alright.

Also if the seeds were shipped in a moist medium and its been a week or so since it was posted, it should have been sprouting already when you received it? I hope the seller didn't sun dry those seeds!

The seeds I received were packed in vermiculite and shipped on the 20th of January.  I received them on 2nd February, but the vermiculite was dry by then.  Also, I don't doubt the seller would sun dry the seeds as he is a long time member on this forum and so far, I have not read any negative comments about him. 

These are the seeds I received.  Why are they not even in size?

Out of these, the one in the top left broke into two.  Another floated and a third I lost due to my clumsy handling them.  So far, none of them have sprouted. 

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 07:22:24 AM »
Thank you for the replies, everyone.  Actually, this post is not a request for pictures of jaboticaba seeds, but rather a request to have a sticky on seeds.  There are lots of vendors active on this forum.  If each could take a little bit of time to click decent photos, it would be of great help for novices.

...assuming the correct photos of seeds were given the correct ID.  As the old saying goes,  "garbage in, garbage out"
- Rob

shafak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 07:32:24 AM »

...assuming the correct photos of seeds were given the correct ID.  As the old saying goes,  "garbage in, garbage out"

Only verified photos to be allowed.  That's why I suggested the reputed vendors here to take time out to click pictures.  This would dispel any doubts.

DimplesLee

• frustrated permie
    • PHL&AUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 08:07:06 AM »
Ah okay so the works then? fruit, fresh seed and dry complete with perhaps a measuring thingamajig to measure size or for scale?

I believe if you bought from a reputable seller there is an almost lottery winning ticket odds that the seeds are the right kind, properly labelled, the works - and a seller usually sends a piccie pre-shipment, you know that the seeds were cleaned and packed properly prior to getting sealed in a padded envelope/box.

There will be too many variables IMHO even within seeds from the same tree - factor in fruit size and seed maturity add in the possibility a seller will prob be growing several trees of each type?

To help the admins perhaps we can all participate in an ongoing thread posting our own detailed pictures of seeds plus seedlings (cotyledon stage, first set of mature leaf, etc) as the mods and admins have their own day jobs as well?

#justmy2cents :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 08:12:18 AM by DimplesLee »

shafak

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 09:02:35 AM »
Have you grown jaboticaba, DimplesLee? 

The admin's job is only to stick the thread to the top :)

Ah okay so the works then? fruit, fresh seed and dry complete with perhaps a measuring thingamajig to measure size or for scale?

I believe if you bought from a reputable seller there is an almost lottery winning ticket odds that the seeds are the right kind, properly labelled, the works - and a seller usually sends a piccie pre-shipment, you know that the seeds were cleaned and packed properly prior to getting sealed in a padded envelope/box.

There will be too many variables IMHO even within seeds from the same tree - factor in fruit size and seed maturity add in the possibility a seller will prob be growing several trees of each type?

To help the admins perhaps we can all participate in an ongoing thread posting our own detailed pictures of seeds plus seedlings (cotyledon stage, first set of mature leaf, etc) as the mods and admins have their own day jobs as well?

#justmy2cents :)

DimplesLee

• frustrated permie
    • PHL&AUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2016, 09:17:23 AM »
Yep both in QLD and in the Phils - lots of Brazilian fruit trees on my farm courtesy of Dr Coronel who has been collecting exotics since the 1980s.

My abiu, jabo, black and mamey sapote and rollinia came from him as well as lots of other odds and ends and the potted jabo I am mollycoddling in QLD is from wallet bleeding Daley's. Another couple grown from seed from eBay seller Polynesian Produce Stand. I might come off ditzy and immature but I've put in years, close to two decades of amateur gardening actually having started gardening since kindy.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 09:25:23 AM by DimplesLee »

shafak

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2016, 10:25:29 AM »
Could you please confirm the above posted seeds are jaboticaba?  Thank you.

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 07:34:23 PM »
Could you please confirm the above posted seeds are jaboticaba?  Thank you.

they could be , if you can wait a week or 2 I will post seeds of fresh jaboticaba , they are flowering now
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

shafak

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 10:57:32 PM »
they could be , if you can wait a week or 2 I will post seeds of fresh jaboticaba , they are flowering now

Thanks for the offer,  luc.  Actually I'm willing to wait another 3 weeks as I read somewhere that it took 40 days to germinate them.   It's just that I'd like someone to confirm these ARE seeds of jaboticaba  (the red hybrid variety which is supposed to fruit in a short period of 3 years).  Which cultivar do you have?

LivingParadise

• Florida Keys, Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 11:42:59 AM »
You know, one way to do this if we don't get a mod response is to just start a thread specifically for seed photos, and request that everyone contribute with specific labeling (Variety, not just species - and preferably a scientific name, not just colloquial). We could do another for seedlings, and another for fruit (just for fun). Then if there are enough constant replies, it will stay near the top like a sticky, and eventually it will be so popular that perhaps the mods will make it permanently a sticky.

No need to let the idea die just because a mod does not immediately comply. And I would venture that this thread isn't the best use, given that it is part request for seed photo sticky thread, and part discussion of jabo seeds. It would be nice to have a thread where every post is a new photo of a new type of seed. Sadly, eventually it might be so long that it would be hard to locate specific pics, because it probably wouldn't end up in alphabetical order... but then at least a forum search should bring it up.

Too bad this thread didn't come up a few weeks ago, I just bought hundreds of tropical seeds, and could have taken pictures, but now nearly all of them are planted. :(  But if I'm lucky, that might lead to some good seedling photos soon. But that's pretty time-consuming to take all those photos, and I don't know if others have this problem but I find uploading photos to this site very arduous and slow! I don't relish uploading more than 10 in a year, much less hundreds, that's for sure! I wish it were faster, and that you could upload multiple photos at a time. As it is, it often fails and I have to do it 3 times or so per photo. Don't have this issue with other sites, so it's not my computer...?

I would love to see seeds of thing native to India, Brazil, South Africa, the Philippines... we have members from all over the world who have access to seeds many others have never heard of, much less seen. Even if they don't produce good fruit, or are unidentified, it still would be awesome to document.

DimplesLee

• frustrated permie
    • PHL&AUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 05:34:16 PM »
Great idea but a very poor way of going about the sticky request...
Also when one participates in any transaction it is assumed both sides are acting on good faith that they will both act fairly and be treated properly in return - perhaps he should have taken up his doubts with the seller first before posting this sticky request which seems to me a to be a tad bit on the mudslinging side.

Apologies don't mean to offend anyone just my take on the matter.
Disclaimer I guess -- all emphasis and redactions for the purpose of consolidating the quote is my doing and mine alone :)
Peace out

Quote from: guardian123abc
I had recently received seeds of jaboticaba.  Since, I've never seen the fruit or seed before,  I tried searching online.   But, to my disappointment,  I couldn't even find one picture. This got me thinking - how about a sticky with pictures of seeds for easy identification.  Thank you.

Only verified photos to be allowed.  That's why I suggested the reputed vendors here to take time out to click pictures.  This would dispel any doubts.

The seeds I received were packed in vermiculite and shipped on the 20th of January.  I received them on 2nd February, but the vermiculite was dry by then.  Also, I don't doubt the seller would sun dry the seeds as he is a long time member on this forum and so far, I have not read any negative comments about him.
These are the seeds I received.  Why are they not even in size?

Out of these, the one in the top left broke into two.  Another floated and a third I lost due to my clumsy handling them.  So far, none of them have sprouted.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 05:40:31 PM by DimplesLee »

nelesedulis

• I want to increase my collection of fruit trees!
    • Carangola, Minas Gerais Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 07:22:32 PM »
I never dried seed jabuticaba, will they germinate this way?
I harvest the ripe fruit, let the flesh be rotten, wash the seeds and plant, optimal germination this way.

Came across these.

Facebook
Alexandre Neles
Seeking information and new techniques, friendships are always welcome!

DimplesLee

• frustrated permie
    • PHL&AUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 08:28:01 PM »
I never dried seed jabuticaba, will they germinate this way?
I harvest the ripe fruit, let the flesh be rotten, wash the seeds and plant, optimal germination this way.

They probably would - I was told air dry is fine, or sow fresh (say seeds we spit out after eating) or taken from those from overripe fruits sown fresh is okay as well but that sun-dried seeds (given the 40C temps on average in the farm in the Phils) was bound to kill off embryos of any seed I attempt to sun dry :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:31:10 PM by DimplesLee »

shafak

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 08:55:54 AM »
Great idea but a very poor way of going about the sticky request...
Also when one participates in any transaction it is assumed both sides are acting on good faith that they will both act fairly and be treated properly in return - perhaps he should have taken up his doubts with the seller first before posting this sticky request which seems to me a to be a tad bit on the mudslinging side.

I received the seeds on the 2nd.  As soon as I received them, I sent a message to the seller and got a reply assuring me that these are seeds of jaboticaba.  Had my intention been slanderous, I would have posted immediately about it.  This request of mine was posted only on the 20th. 

As for my disappointment, it was for the lack of any pictures and not for what I received.  My doubt arose as I have never before seen seeds of any fruit in such varying sizes, some less than half of the other.  I hope that clears your mind of any ulterior motive behind my posting.  Thank you.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 01:50:22 PM »
Yes jaboticaba seeds come in different sizes. Yes those are hybrid (red) jaboticaba seeds. I assured you they were genuine seeds, but i guess you didn't fully believe me? You are right and it would be good to have photos of all the seeds, and even of the seedlings. I had same idea long ago. It's just something i haven't gotten around to doing as it is a lot more work than it sounds like.
Oscar

shafak

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 11:04:41 PM »
Yes jaboticaba seeds come in different sizes. Yes those are hybrid (red) jaboticaba seeds. I assured you they were genuine seeds, but i guess you didn't fully believe me? You are right and it would be good to have photos of all the seeds, and even of the seedlings. I had same idea long ago. It's just something i haven't gotten around to doing as it is a lot more work than it sounds like.

Oscar,  nowhere have I mentioned I doubt you.  If I did,  wouldn't I have posted the picture of the seeds on the very same day you replied?

As mentioned earlier,  I have never seen or heard about seeds of a single specie with such a great variation in size.   My main request is for a sticky on pictures of seeds.

I had to give an example of why it would be useful for this request.   Hence,  the topic of jaboticaba seeds unintentionally came up. 

I guess members have got the point about the need for a sticky  and this thread is unnecessarily going way out of hand.  So, now it's time to ask for another feature to be added to this forum.   "Option to close a thread which has already got it's satisfactory replies. "   :)

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2016, 04:00:09 AM »

Oscar,  nowhere have I mentioned I doubt you.  If I did,  wouldn't I have posted the picture of the seeds on the very same day you replied?

As mentioned earlier,  I have never seen or heard about seeds of a single specie with such a great variation in size.   My main request is for a sticky on pictures of seeds.

I had to give an example of why it would be useful for this request.   Hence,  the topic of jaboticaba seeds unintentionally came up. 

I guess members have got the point about the need for a sticky  and this thread is unnecessarily going way out of hand.  So, now it's time to ask for another feature to be added to this forum.   "Option to close a thread which has already got it's satisfactory replies. "   :)
I suggest you just start a new thread named "Post your seed and seedling Photos Here".
Oscar

LivingParadise

• Florida Keys, Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2016, 09:51:34 PM »
My recommendation is to split that into two threads - seed only, and seedling only, simply because many members will not be able to post both at the same time, and the thread will be very difficult to follow and to search.
I also think it would be fun to do a 3rd thread on photos of various fruits and cultivars!

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2017, 03:09:07 AM »
Hello everyone. I've ordered some jaboticaba seeds from eBay, and they have arrived yesterday. As the original poster of this thread, I have no way of confirming that these really are jaboticaba seeds. So I'll post a picture here in hopes that someone will be able to tell me if I've received genuine seeds or if I've been crossed. In case it's not clear from the picture, the biggest seeds in the bunch are about as big as grape seeds.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2017, 03:16:31 AM »
Those are not jaboticaba seeds.
Oscar

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2017, 03:46:50 AM »
Those are not jaboticaba seeds.

Thank you for the answer.

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2017, 04:06:39 AM »
So I ordered from another vendor and I got this. Do I have the real jaboticaba seeds this time?

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2017, 05:16:53 AM »
Strike out again. When preparing jaboticaba seeds I rub them with running water in a strainer to get as much flesh off as possible and then lightly dry them. When the remaining flesh becomes inert and dry and but seeds are not desiccated I put them in a bag with lightly moistened vermiculite.

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2017, 05:22:02 AM »
Strike out again. When preparing jaboticaba seeds I rub them with running water in a strainer to get as much flesh off as possible and then lightly dry them. When the remaining flesh becomes inert and dry and but seeds are not desiccated I put them in a bag with lightly moistened vermiculite.

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you're trying to tell me. Are these jaboticaba seeds or not?

greenman62

• CharlesitaveNB
    • [url=https://vgruk.com/]vgr uk[/url]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2017, 10:13:28 AM »
a seedling page would be very beneficial to me
i would also have lots of pics to contribute.

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2017, 03:17:52 AM »
Anyone? :( I'm running out of time to ask for a refund if these aren't jaboticaba seeds.

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2017, 11:26:31 AM »
Anyone? :( I'm running out of time to ask for a refund if these aren't jaboticaba seeds.

I interpreted "strike out again" as saying no they are not, since your first set got the answer not jabo.  He then proceeded to describe how he prepares seeds to give an idea of what you might see in well prepared seeds of jabo.

If I were you, on a clock and wish to seek a refund, I will initiate contact with the seller now.  Have the seller provide the assurance but make your intent clear.  In the mean time, follow this thread to see if anyone can confirm as bluntly as Oscar did with the other seeds.

Hope this helps.

luc

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2017, 08:00:32 PM »
So I ordered from another vendor and I got this. Do I have the real jaboticaba seeds this time?

Hold on a second , I am just preparing some Jaboticaba seeds ( Plinia phitrantha ) for shipping , picked yesterday , to send to a friend . The picture you posted do not look like Jaboticaba . In my opinion jaboticaba seed should never be dried . For example I got over 300 seeds from Brazil ( 3 varieties ) only a 5% were viable , bad packing and long travel time .

Picture of 2 days old cleaned seeds in my next post .
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2017, 06:09:07 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to those photos luc. I've sent the seller a message, mentioning that I've asked some jaboticaba growers, and she responded by asking me to send her picture's of you guys' seeds. If anyone other than luc has some photos, I would be very thankful if you could post them here. Thanks again for your help.

bsbullie

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2017, 06:39:30 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to those photos luc. I've sent the seller a message, mentioning that I've asked some jaboticaba growers, and she responded by asking me to send her picture's of you guys' seeds. If anyone other than luc has some photos, I would be very thankful if you could post them here. Thanks again for your help.

Why would you buy from ebay when the are a number of trustworth/reputable members on this forum who sell jaboticaba seeds?  Check the buy/sell section...
- Rob

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2017, 06:46:22 AM »
Why would you buy from ebay when the are a number of trustworth/reputable members on this forum who sell jaboticaba seeds?  Check the buy/sell section...

Because the shipping prices on eBay are much better. It's is often free. On most other sites, the shipping to my country can be a couple of times more expensive than the price of the item itself.

bsbullie

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2017, 07:29:06 AM »

Because the shipping prices on eBay are much better. It's is often free. On most other sites, the shipping to my country can be a couple of times more expensive than the price of the item itself.

Small price to pay for quality and trust.  Cheap isnt always good or the way to go.  Dont mean to be rude or obnoxious but if its a matter of what you can afford, then you shouldn't be indulging in the first place.

I have said this a number of times, would never order anything from ebay anymore.  It has become a joke site over recent years.
- Rob

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2017, 07:51:45 AM »
Small price to pay for quality and trust.  Cheap isnt always good or the way to go.  Dont mean to be rude or obnoxious but if its a matter of what you can afford, then you shouldn't be indulging in the first place.

I have said this a number of times, would never order anything from ebay anymore.  It has become a joke site over recent years.

I also don't mean to be rude or obnoxious, but I'm looking for people to help me with identifying seeds, not to give me advice what I should or shouldn't do with my money or my life. A price that is small to you, a citizen of Florida USA where the average monthly salary is $3400 is not small to me, a resident of Montenegro where the average monthly salary is $560. Most of my eBay experience was positive, and when it was negative, I've gotten my money back. If you don't use it, that's fine. But for the rest of us who weren't so fortunate to have been born in a rich country, it will have to suffice.

Let's please avoid unnecessary discussions like this, the topic is seed identification.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 08:00:27 AM by nexxogen »

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2017, 09:40:26 AM »
Poor South African here with a currency thats almost 20 to the dollar and Ebay is filled with a lot of scammers but Iv gotten some really good species there too!

I try to biuy from legit sellers here but thats a rare birthday present to myself kind of thing. Ebay shipping prices are just res=ally attractive even worth the risk sometimes.

The more you empower yourself with knowledge the more use and bargains you can find on Ebay!
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

luc

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2017, 01:12:20 PM »

Here's the picture Nexxogen, needs just a little bit more cleaning ...then packed in slightly moist vermiculite and on his way....should arrive germinating ....

Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2017, 12:46:42 PM »
Here's the picture Nexxogen, needs just a little bit more cleaning ...then packed in slightly moist vermiculite and on his way....should arrive germinating ....

Thank you so much luc! This is really helpful. I couldn't find any good pictures of jaboticaba seeds anywhere online.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2017, 06:47:03 PM »
Jaboticaba seeds are irregular in shape and when you peel outer pulp they are purple colored. Your seeds are not jaboticaba. The photo Luc posted looks more like jaboticaba, but it a different species so a bit different than regular jaboticaba seeds.
Oscar

cerverg

• Manila
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2019, 10:06:53 AM »
All seends from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan/Singapore/Malaysia/Indonesia on Ebay/Aliexpress are fake. Don't buy them! You'll just waste your money

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk