Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 178798 times)

norahhosin

• Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1375 on: May 05, 2017, 11:16:33 AM »
Hi all,

I am glad this forum exists - so much easier to use and without annoying ads. Not sure whom to thank, but thanks! I have a rather small collection of fruit and nut plants. I cannot say that I know a lot about growing and it has mostly been a journey of trial an errors. I do like to grow and eat tropical fruits that most people like too, but I am particularly interested in growing some of the more rare species. It's like going on a treasure hunt that may last for years until you find certain seeds.

Bye for now.

Tomas

cool, bye. :D

sebo420

• Trinidad and Tobago/ Tropical
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 13, 2017, 06:34:44 AM »
Hello Everyone my name is Sebastian. Im from Trini. Love to plant fruits and love to eat them even more. Always on the hunt for new and rare species!

I got a small piece of land close to the beach. I am in the process of planting lots of different fruits that I have started from seed! Mangosten, Rambutan, Hybrid Jabotica monkey plum, and many others.

looking forward to talking with yall and sharing experiences!

ekstra`

• USA, Florida, Port St. Lucie, Subtropical
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: May 16, 2017, 05:08:13 PM »
I'm a Florida native who spent a lot of time on Merritt Island in my youth. My grandmother rented a house there called "Tropic Grove", which had a small orange grove behind it.
We harvested a couple of wild mangos two or three years ago (unfortunately, the tree is no longer fruiting as it is in the embrace of a strangler fig, and because it's on local park property, the strangler won't be removed). We planted the seeds, and one of them grew to almost 30"...but then fell victim to fire ants.
I saw with interest the photos from 2012 of Ensey's groves on Merritt Island. When we were kids they were considered the richest family on the island.
I hope to come to the site often.

norahhosin

• Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: May 17, 2017, 05:34:58 AM »
Hi all. Im kinda introverted person so basically i dont know what to say. Im new here, but i find my way to catch up with the forums and looking forward for some posting in the future!

stuartjames

• usa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: May 18, 2017, 05:17:16 AM »
Hello every one, i am Stuart. How are you all?

Beeders

• Missouri
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: May 18, 2017, 01:50:20 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm in Missouri but hoping to relocate somewhere tropical soon. I'm growing an Inga (not sure the species. Bought it from Rivers End Nursery) and black sapote in a greenhouse right now. I have cherimoya seeds I want to plant soon. I love rare tropical fruit! Cherimoya is by far my favorite and my usual supplier is not offering any for 2017. :( 
 So far I have tried rambutan, cherimoya, black sapote, white sapote, dragon fruit. Will be trying ice cream bean fruit very soon, which will probably be right up there with cherimoya. :)
 Mangosteen is next.
I am happy to be here and hope to learn a lot from everyone.

Hana321

• la quinta, ca, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 21, 2017, 05:27:01 PM »
Hi there everybody, i live in Southern California. I am an avid plant grower. Have grown many different flowering and fruiting plants for years. Have recently taken on a whole group of new plants. I have everything in my yard from mangos,  and guavas to mamey, and almond. I love plants that are considered exotics in my neck of the woods, and i very much enjoy having the only jungle yard on the block. I am looking forward to conversing with like minded individuals out there who love their greenery

Copyright © Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers