Author Topic: Is this a bacterial infection on my almond tree?  (Read 364 times)

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
Is this a bacterial infection on my almond tree?
« on: June 13, 2023, 01:17:57 PM »
Prunus genus really hits me hard lately, after some beatles attacked and made numerus holes along the trunk on my plumcot( tree died), now my almond has started acting funky, there are no beatle holes on its trunk ,thankfully. Whatever it is, its affecting both fruit and foliage,  as of now i estimate that around half the fruit set is infected ( if its a desease) and lost, foliage is more sparsely affected, a few solitary branches here and there. I am planning to spray tomorrow, with some king of a systemic fungicide. The dark spots on the fruit sometimes have lines, which seem like its progressing into the healthy tissue, kinda like some deseases that affect apples, the fruit of which has had very clear lining which indicates the desease progressing.
The almond illnes on the fruit is not only on the outher peel of the nut, it goes straight into the seed and rots it also.
Here are some pictures, does someone know whats happening? I need to act fast if i want to have a few almonds this fall, the tree's health has me consourned more that its harvest though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk