Author Topic: Fruit Shirts!  (Read 1766 times)

ariellexannona

• St. Petersburg, Florida Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Fruit Shirts!
« on: May 11, 2017, 12:51:29 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Arielle, I'm new to the Fruit Forum, and I'm an artist who loves growing, eating, and hunting for tropical fruit!

My question for all of you is: If you could have any tropical fruit on a shirt, what would it be?

I'm going to get one design printed on t-shirts, and wanted to poll you all as fruit lovers as to what your top choice would be. 

I personally love annonas, but wanted to reach out and see what was all of your favorites are that you'd find visually interesting on a shirt :)  Thank you so much for any feedback!

guidelazeri

• Minas Gerais, Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: Fruit Shirts!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 01:17:55 PM »
Mine would be Annona crassiflora. What a great fruit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVI8Q02SdVU&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:26:38 PM by guidelazeri »

ariellexannona

• St. Petersburg, Florida Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 05:27:51 PM »
Annona crassifloras look amazing!  Sounds like they taste great too - I haven't gotten to try one yet, but will keep my eye out.

I decided to make the shirts because I myself really want some cool fruit shirts, and haven't been able to find any online.  So I figure, why not make my own?  And then I can sell them to people who have the same interests as me who also haven't been able to find what they're looking for.

Thanks for the recommendation :)

guidelazeri

• Minas Gerais, Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 12:04:48 PM »
Annona crassifloras look amazing!  Sounds like they taste great too - I haven't gotten to try one yet, but will keep my eye out.
I decided to make the shirts because I myself really want some cool fruit shirts, and haven't been able to find any online.  So I figure, why not make my own?  And then I can sell them to people who have the same interests as me who also haven't been able to find what they're looking for.
Thanks for the recommendation :)
It is really a great idea.
I'm in love with all Annonacea fruits that I had the opportunity to eat.
This year I want to find Annona coriacea and salzmannii seeds for my collection.
All the best!

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:25:08 PM by guidelazeri »

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 06:17:12 PM »
If you want to sell large quantity i suggest sticking to people's favorite fruits: mango, lychee, durian, etc. You can look at past posts of people's top 10 favorites in search feature.
You can also get ideas from CRFG fruit photo contest here: http://crfg.org/g2/main.php
Personally i'd love to see some lychee T-shirts. To make the shirts visually most interesting might be best to have shirts that combine different fruits together. Good luck with your project.
Oscar

561MangoFanatic

• Loxahatchee, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 02:17:57 AM »
Mangos!!! Peaches,Miracle Fruit, Watermelon, Strawberries, & Bananas!!! But if I had to pick only one definitely mango  ;D
Sergio

gnappi

• South East Florida (U.S.A) Zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 08:27:30 AM »
I'd say a cornucopia of sorts containing banana, pineapple, and mango would appeal to most. Too many fruits and they'd be too small to notice, too few and the audience shrinks.

I too love annona but too few know what they are to be on a shirt, kinda like wearing a shirt that says "tempest in a teapot" in a non English speaking country.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:29:23 AM by gnappi »
Regards,

Gary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk