Author Topic: Need scion for anything that can be grafted on pond apple  (Read 3017 times)

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
Need scion for anything that can be grafted on pond apple
« on: June 10, 2017, 03:11:46 PM »
So I stumbled on a post today that has me all excited.
I have a couple of pond apples and lots of seeds but nothing to do with them.
Then I leaned there are edible fruit, great ones at that that can be grafted on to pond apple and the old grey cells started buzzing.

I will like to try to graft on to either seedling or mature pond apple and need scion or bud wood of anything that can be grafted on pond apple with some likelihood of success.

Obviously I will prefer free if possible but am willing to pay for this experiment, the excitement of considering the possibility of increasing fruit trees in my yard is worth something to me.

By the way, if you would be devastated to see a good scion not become a plant, hold on to it.  I am not expert at grafting but I am working at it.  Success with mango and avocado so far.  Would like to add something else to my list. :) :)

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Need scion for anything that can be grafted on pond apple
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:19:57 PM »
So I stumbled on a post today that has me all excited.
I have a couple of pond apples and lots of seeds but nothing to do with them.
Then I leaned there are edible fruit, great ones at that that can be grafted on to pond apple and the old grey cells started buzzing.

I will like to try to graft on to either seedling or mature pond apple and need scion or bud wood of anything that can be grafted on pond apple with some likelihood of success.

Obviously I will prefer free if possible but am willing to pay for this experiment, the excitement of considering the possibility of increasing fruit trees in my yard is worth something to me.

By the way, if you would be devastated to see a good scion not become a plant, hold on to it.  I am not expert at grafting but I am working at it.  Success with mango and avocado so far.  Would like to add something else to my list. :) :)

Bought some scion from Frank and grafter recently.  Looks like at least one is pushing.  Looks like I may be able to add annona to my list.  I say the experiment is not a total bust.  Has potential to be great but we will see.

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 11:06:54 PM »
Did you try Soursop?
I have a tree that your more then welcome to take a few scions from.

00christian00

• Italy, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 02:23:13 AM »
How well do Annona scion travel? Are they viable for many days?

Mikey

• San Diego, ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 03:03:40 AM »
Ilama is goes really well on pond.  I wish I had pond seedlings to graft ilama.  My ilama grafted on cherimoya may fail.  :(. Find some ilama Genova red or ilama rosada goes well with pond apples.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 07:14:58 AM »
Ilama is goes really well on pond.  I wish I had pond seedlings to graft ilama.  My ilama grafted on cherimoya may fail.  :(. Find some ilama Genova red or ilama rosada goes well with pond apples.

Ilama does well on certain pond apple, not all pond apple.
- Rob

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 02:33:50 PM »

Ilama does well on certain pond apple, not all pond apple.

Does anyone know if llama does well on the notorious pineapple annona from TOP?

How about custard apple on pond apple? And then something on top of that..., like ilama

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 09:43:52 AM »
Did you try Soursop?
I have a tree that your more then welcome to take a few scions from.
Interested, sent PM

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 09:46:21 AM »

Will be glad to try some Ilama.  Can I get budwood if you have some?  When are ilama budwood typically available?

Tu Trang

• Los Angeles, CA, El Monte, 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 10:58:26 AM »

Will be glad to try some Ilama.  Can I get budwood if you have some?  When are ilama budwood typically available?

Do you still have pond apple seedlings?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:00:15 AM by Tu Trang »

Mikey

• San Diego, ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 04:25:30 PM »
I will have ilama bud wood Next spring.  My current tree is too small.  I just planted the ilama a month ago.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk