Author Topic: Salak (snake fruit), araza, THORNLESS peach palm, Sacha Inchi, etc.  (Read 4678 times)

jesseblenn

• Costa Rica Exotic
    • Las Tumbas de Perez Zeledon, Costa Rica
    • View Profile
Just to let you all know that I have LOTS of Salak or Snake Fruit seeds available.  See these and others on ebay.com by searching Costa Rica Exotic.

I have enough Salak to sell in quantity if anyone wants.  For smaller quantities or other things please do use ebay as it saves me time and organizational problems.  I am too busy to answer many messages....

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you check out the THORNLESS Pejibaye or Peach Palm description there.  ALSO, anyone in developing countries who wants some let me know, I can give you a special deal, like free or only the shipping costs.  These REALLY should be more widely planted.

I will have other new fruits like good Santol, Fiji Longan, South American Sapote, etc later.... just search Costa Rica Exotic .  I try to have good prices and the best packing to arrive alive.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Re: Salak (snake fruit), araza, THORNLESS peach palm, Sacha Inchi, etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 03:30:58 AM »

JB do the salaks look a bit like this? I have heard that bali lowland varieties (Salacca zalacca amboina) are the dominant one in central and south America. It sounds like you have some good Asian species and ones I see in my neck of the woods a bit.

amitzauber

• Israel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 04:34:06 AM »
Just to let you all know that I have LOTS of Salak or Snake Fruit seeds available.  See these and others on ebay.com by searching Costa Rica Exotic.

I have enough Salak to sell in quantity if anyone wants.  For smaller quantities or other things please do use ebay as it saves me time and organizational problems.  I am too busy to answer many messages....

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you check out the THORNLESS Pejibaye or Peach Palm description there.  ALSO, anyone in developing countries who wants some let me know, I can give you a special deal, like free or only the shipping costs.  These REALLY should be more widely planted.

I will have other new fruits like good Santol, Fiji Longan, South American Sapote, etc later.... just search Costa Rica Exotic .  I try to have good prices and the best packing to arrive alive. 

Jesse is correct i manage to get high quality live seeds from him

I recommand him as very good source

rcardaman

• USA, Florida, Vero Beach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 09:05:10 AM »

Jesse is correct i manage to get high quality live seeds from him

I recommand him as very good source

I agree.  I have been very happy with the seeds I've received from Jesse.

Richard

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »
I too got some quality live seeds from him, highly recommended!

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 08:18:47 PM »
Hey Jess , are the salaks monoecious ?
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 04:27:28 AM »
It is nice to see you here Jesse (I'm evillove).

Good luck with your business
Moh'd

jesseblenn

• Costa Rica Exotic
    • Las Tumbas de Perez Zeledon, Costa Rica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 11:06:01 PM »
SALAK AND NEW PEACH PALM

Thanks for comments!   Yes, mine are very similar to the photo, the size varies sometimes, they generally turn "blonder" when ripe.  Usually all three seeds are pollinated but sometimes only one or two in which case they are smaller.   They are male and female on separate trees.  I do have two younger trees a distant neighbor brought from Bali, so look forward to seeing what they are like.  Also the red S. wallachiana I got from from e-species in Belize, but they are growing about half as fast and may fruit in 5 or 6 years from seed rather than 3.   I do hope to cross the two, also some day cross them with our local (beach) huiscoyol, a small clump palm with ugly thorns but nice clumps of grape-flavored fruits!  Apple/pineapple/grape, wow!!   I only have one of them which I dug up over a year ago and it is barely alive, need to get more.....

And I am excited because the one salak seed that ended being a natural hybrid with who-knows-what and almost no thorns has fruit developing!

A neighbor brought a few LARGE THORNLESS pejibayes for me, size nice and big, quality is normal and good, but not as good as my smaller ones with the  buttery taste.  I will plant them but not enough seeds to sell or trade, yet. Will see if can get more.

TuttiFrutti

• Obsessed with Nepheliums!
    • NW Florida, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 12:50:02 PM »
Hi Jesse:

I'd like to get some of the Peach Palm seeds from you.  Can you send me a private message with the price?

Thanks!
Tamara

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 01:52:13 AM »
Jesse the salak in the picture is a lowland bali and they taste like soft pineapple core. Your one will be S.zalacca zalacca of an unknown type. If flesh is a bit crumbly it could be pondoh.The S.wallachiana that is red is probably a rakum.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk