Author Topic: Tracking of your schedule and applications of fertilizer  (Read 2524 times)

BKaus

• USA, AZ, Phoenix, 9A
    • View Profile
Tracking of your schedule and applications of fertilizer
« on: September 11, 2013, 03:10:31 PM »
How do fruit growers keep track of your schedule and applications of fertilizer/amendments for the diversity of plants that you keep? Right now with the a big diversity of tropical plants with different fertilizer needs I’m just shot gunning it. What’s a easy way to record these events?
The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking of your schedule and applications of fertilizer
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 01:07:04 AM »
I use a simple paper calander, a computer may be easier but it's easy for me to keep the calander in my garage where I keep my fertilizers.
Simon

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 04:29:17 PM »
How do fruit growers keep track of your schedule and applications of fertilizer/amendments for the diversity of plants that you keep? Right now with the a big diversity of tropical plants with different fertilizer needs I’m just shot gunning it. What’s a easy way to record these events?

I keep each years notes in a Word file on my computer.

• I keep it on a numbered list or bullet list like this
  • I am at number 300 by now
  • I start a new one each January 1st
  • I keep track of when fertilized and when fruits get ripe plus other thoughts
  • when I see mango panicles
  • when I plant and move things
  • backed up in da cloud via sugar sync (free) where the NSA can also check it out
  • here is Zill's fertilization schedule which is what I go by   >>>>>  http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6015/5905298900_05f84f80ee_b.jpg
  • ---
  • You could also do the above bullet-numbered list via an email addressed to xxxxx that you never send so it always stays a draft email
  • Gmail is best for this
  • This way it is also cloud backed up and accessible from any computer
  • I feel better about taking notes if I know they cannot be destroyed misplaced what have you
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 04:58:40 PM by zands »

Droshi

• Raleigh NC - USDA Zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 12:35:06 AM »
Google calendar with reoccurring events. Working pretty well for me so far, my android dings when I need to remember anything. It's pretty much the only memory I have left.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk